#21 Vixen

Vixen

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 10:14 pm

Bad news guys :angry:

It's such a shame when things like this get cancelled (bit of a kick in the teeth for Jez too :blink: )

Show some support guys...... these meets are actually quite fun, and you get to meet some freaks in with the bargain :clap:

Different circumstances....... I'd be there. (I haven't got a zed, and a large puddle between our countries :teeth: )
if I wanted to hear the pitter patter of tiny feet, I'd put shoes on my cat......

2004... Inaugural 350zuk.com Meet, RWYB York Raceway, Lunch at the Ransom, The Manor x3

2005... NW Dyno Day, Lake District Drive, Goodwood, Le Mans, JAE, Tuner GP, Jap Performance Show, Midlands Gumball, D1 Corp @ Silverstone, Track Day @ Bruntingthorpe, Irish Meet, Fiddle & Curry, Ace Cafe, The Manor x11

2006... The Manor x4, North West Dyno Day, Buntingford Classic Car Show, The National

2007... ProDrift @ Mondello Park, (Nr) Dublin, The National

#22 Jez

Jez

Zedling

• Founding Member (10)
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 10:41 pm

Thanks Emma...just planetary alignment and real life circumstances conspiring to make us a bit light on numbers, I think.

Maybe once the sun comes out, a few more folks will dust the Zed off and be happy to meet fellow strange folks and chew the cud for a couple of hours at the weekend :blink: .......also in fairness I forgot this was the week before Easter, so a fair few folk may have been going away on hols from today (jammy gits!!!)

As the temp SW RCO - and Sec - I do have the added advantage of knowing where everyone lives :teeth: ...so no one in the SW will escape a (short) :angry: Jez PM once we have rearranged for late April.

In the meantime, for anyone in the SW who needs to put some miles on the Zed, you could always head up to the NW Meet & Dyno Day on Sat 21 April :clap:

Jez

PS All these meets - in whichever region - are open to all site users, whether they are paid up OC Members or not BTW..everyone is welcome, even if you do not have your Zed yet

PPS Already had one request for Sunday 29 April...........so let's see how that goes :P

PPS And Catle Drogo's maintenance work may have finished by then for the photo shoot :clap:
Kuro - 350Z GT - Charcoal Leather, Rays, unique hamster called Zippy<br />
<br />
DOB 07/11/03

#23 neilw3030

neilw3030

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 08:26 pm

i should be good for then, come on guys get yer names down :ninja:
2005 grey coupe gt with a growing number of bits some still in the box

#24 Mark I

Mark I

Zedlet

• User (10)
  • 961 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 09:38 am

Yep - the 29th April should be ok for me too. :ninja:
04 GT Gun Metal with Baby Poo Seats & Rays. Plus a few other bits and bobs.

#25 Jez

Jez

Zedling

• Founding Member (10)
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 04:53 pm

Bumping this one again.. :gathering:

Come on SWOC'ers...who's up for trying to get a run out across Dartmoor again. :fool:

For ref if we meet at Castle Drogo as planned last time (off the A30 about 20 miles from Exeter), it is about 1 h 30 from Bristol if you are heading down, so it's not that bad surely??

If you are interested, then going to go for Sun 29th April 11:30am (again) and see where we get :lol:

So far we have got

Mark I
Neil
Jez

Any more interest (or if you "would but busy"/ "would if it was somewhere else in the region" etc, then please at least let us know what would work for you preference wise.

Ta

Jez
<br />
DOB 07/11/03

#26 Vixen

Vixen

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 08:02 pm

q

Good one Jez :clap:

Come on guys - I want to know about Jez's nodding orchid - did you know the orchid symbolizes the male genitalia :clap: :clap:
if I wanted to hear the pitter patter of tiny feet, I'd put shoes on my cat......

2004... Inaugural 350zuk.com Meet, RWYB York Raceway, Lunch at the Ransom, The Manor x3

2005... NW Dyno Day, Lake District Drive, Goodwood, Le Mans, JAE, Tuner GP, Jap Performance Show, Midlands Gumball, D1 Corp @ Silverstone, Track Day @ Bruntingthorpe, Irish Meet, Fiddle & Curry, Ace Cafe, The Manor x11

2006... The Manor x4, North West Dyno Day, Buntingford Classic Car Show, The National

2007... ProDrift @ Mondello Park, (Nr) Dublin, The National

#27 Jez

Jez

Zedling

• Founding Member (10)
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:01 pm

The nodding spider died :clap: :clap:
<br />
DOB 07/11/03

#28 The Slapster

The Slapster

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:36 am

I have booke the day off, so disasters notwithstanding will deffo pitchup this time:-)

#29 C130Seb

C130Seb

Zedling

• Founding Member (10)
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 12:53 pm

I'm a 'possible' on this one pending my life getting messed up again by the Royal Air Farce. I'll get back to you. :clap:

Seb
Posted Image
The Zed has gone! After 7 years of 350Z Ownership including having owned 2 of them, I've now got a Vauxhall VXR8 Bathurst S Jaguar
(A French Racing Blue XFR-S with 550bhp :) - no string back driving gloves in sight!)
The Zed will be missed though - superb car, never missed a beat!
Night Blue 350Z GT with Nismo LM GT4 19s
Invidia GT300 Y-Pipe Back Exhaust System
East Shore Racing Y-Pipe
Brembo Drilled Front Discs and Pads
Stillen Dual Air Intakes
Spill Grounding Kit

#30 Jez

Jez

Zedling

• Founding Member (10)
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:30 pm

Mark I
Neil
Jez
Mr Slapster
Seb

woohoo...half way to double figs :lol: ...good to see a few more as well though :bounce:
<br />
DOB 07/11/03

#31 The Slapster

The Slapster

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:56 pm

q

He He - And me a "Mr" - Recognition of my manly charms at last!!

Whats the format?
I was thinking about packing the picnic hamper - or are there other plans?

#32 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,304 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:41 am

Love to come guys and even tried to fix it to be there as I'm due a service in Exeter, but ....... Have to be in Oxford on the Friday and have to be in my office on Monday/Tuesday (financial year end / stocktake) so cant be done.

Have a great day in my favourite part of the UK - I'll be thinking of you!

JohnK

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

#33 Jez

Jez

Zedling

• Founding Member (10)
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 11:01 pm

Shame about that John...next time hopefully.

Sir Slap (a deserving title for someone who will book a day off to attend a regional meet - above and beyond etc :blink: :teeth: )....as this is definately going to go ahead now come hell or highwater, you choose and we will follow.

Posh packed lunch half way up Haytor...or stop at the Halfway House (if it still there?), or do the full drive, lunch at Widecombe and then head off....whatever you prefer.

Now...what about the rest of you who can claim that the SW is best..get yer names down ;)

Jez
<br />
DOB 07/11/03

#34 The Slapster

The Slapster

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:10 am

q

Ah, thank-you Lord Jez of Jezdom!!

A decision!! (For better or worse!!)

I will brush the dust off the wicker picnic basket and load it up for the trip. Should be able to talk someone (of the female variety) into accompanying me, if theres a picnic on Dartmoor in the offing!!

No idea what is around the area, where to drive to, etc - so g
having exhausted myself with the picnic idea, i will leave the "where/drive/stop/etc" bits to others.

See you there - prob in the rain, now the picnic word has been used!

Slapster

#35 Teatowel

Teatowel

Zedling

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,434 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:22 am

Am moving flats from Plymouth that day - that said, if anyone wants to lift sofas/furniture down two flights of stairs, the meet could start/finish at my front door :?: :hello:

Like coming home

When you don't know where you've been

Like black coffee

Like nicotine

#36 Arrow

Arrow

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:32 pm

Car is off the road at the moment when sorted will be up for a run
Iím sure Dartmoor will be a great day :blink:

#37 Jez

Jez

Zedling

• Founding Member (10)
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:33 pm

q

Looks like it's just us then folks. All still ok?

Did PM the others I know of around the region, but I guess not been on or not up for it :)

Anyway good luck with the move Teatowel, and hope the cars back on the road soon Arrow :)

Will confirm/PM meeting point etc on Friday night

Jez
<br />
DOB 07/11/03

#38 The Slapster

The Slapster

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:55 pm

Yep - all OK here.
With the exception of a co-pilot (working on it, though!!)

#39 Mark I

Mark I

Zedlet

• User (10)
  • 961 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:07 pm

Yep - I'm in. :lol:
04 GT Gun Metal with Baby Poo Seats & Rays. Plus a few other bits and bobs.

#40 Jez

Jez

Zedling

• Founding Member (10)
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:24 pm

Guys :P

Anyone heading down the M5 from Taunton or above:
Meet at Taunton Deane Services - Parked over by the Shell garage and ready to leave at 10:45 am tomorrow morning.

We will then loop off the Welligton slip to pick up Neil (if you are still coming?) and then down to Exeter and onto the A30.

Anyone coming from a different direction ie Devon/Cornwall:
Castle Drogo is a bit up a beaten track so to speak :P and we still cannot do the photos in front yet due to works :doh:

So instead I suggest we meet just off the A30 at Whiddon Down.

Travelodge car park (how romantic!!!) DETAIL HERE at about 11:30 am on Sunday morning.

See those who I know about somewhere between Weston and Whiddon tomorrow - and anyone else still more than welcome to join us (drop me a PM if there is a chance you might make it).

Suspect we will leave the car park no later than 12:00 to head across the Moor.

Jez

Suggested map route we follow....

Blue line outward route (but may duck on and off the B3212...a bit :)
Greeny line is return route ending up at Bovey Tracey via Widecombe to head North back to A30 and East to A38 when heading home.

If folks want to picnic/sarnies etc then suggest eat at Sheepstor (near resevoir) or wait until we get to pub (The Old Inn) at Widecombe at about 1:30...guess we can take it as it comes :P

Attached Thumbnails

• Dartmoor_map.gif

<br />
DOB 07/11/03