#1 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,387 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:28 PM

Oy, Lurkers, you've been rumbled!...

IF YOU'VE BEEN AROUND HERE FOR A WHILE, BUT NEVER POSTED, YOU MUST DO SO NOW! - Just CLICK HERE the rest is easy.

You don't have to be a 350z owner and you don't have to type anything relevant - just say hello, or anything!

...as for the usual criminals, you're not allowed to post in this thread, unless it's a direct reply to an ex-lurker :wacko:

Go on - give it a try (click on '
REPLY' in the bottom RH corner of this post), you know you want to!...

Attached Thumbnails

• mrs_doyle.jpg

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

How to post pics on this forum CLICK HERE

Prospective buyer's/new owners' guide to second-hand 350Zs (includes MY06 & MY07 improvements) - CLICK HERE

All assistance I attempt to give comes with the Murray Walker health warning, "Unless I'm very much mistaken ...I AM very much mistaken!"

'53 plate Gunmetal Grey 350z >>> '56 plate Ebisu Black 350z >>> '10 plate Universal Silver 370z >>> '14 plate Mineral Grey BMW M235i >>> '65 plate Gunmetal 370z

Tokyo Motor Show, October 2017???

#2 Dragstar

Dragstar

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:38 PM

Hi Fellas

i am a lurker, but as you can see from my join date, haven't been for long.

I don't have a Zed yet, but aching to get into one. I'm currently driving a 55-plate (last of the proper!) Civic Type-R. It was good to read the story of the chap who took his R to the 'ring. I really must do that before i get rid.

I used to have an S1 Exige before this R, so I know my way around sports cars. Just wish i had the funds to jump straight into a Zed, rather than buying the Vtec screamer (bloody houses :wacko: ).

I want a 313BHP 2007 model with full Nismo kit. There's a chilli red one, at a dealer close by. I dare not go to see it, as i'll end up leaving the R as deposit! Can't afford it at the minute- bloody "walk-in wardrobes".

I'll stick around to take in the banter and read up on my future beast...
  • zyal8r likes this

#3 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,387 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:40 PM

Well done mate - Now I can delete all the rubbish posts above yours!! Welcome to the club! - and you can post in the 'new around here' section too, if you like!

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

Prospective buyer's/new owners' guide to second-hand 350Zs (includes MY06 & MY07 improvements) - CLICK HERE

All assistance I attempt to give comes with the Murray Walker health warning, "Unless I'm very much mistaken ...I AM very much mistaken!"

'53 plate Gunmetal Grey 350z >>> '56 plate Ebisu Black 350z >>> '10 plate Universal Silver 370z >>> '14 plate Mineral Grey BMW M235i >>> '65 plate Gunmetal 370z

#4 Dragstar

Dragstar

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:46 PM

Cheers fella, i'll have a read.

I'd love to join you guys at the 'Ring. Never been before! Need the bloody car first. :wacko:

#5 tobes

tobes

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:03 PM

hi, going to view an import tomorrow and hoping to buy, only just become a member so a very short t erm lurker ..... :wacko:
selling my ctr to get a 350z and im very excited ! :wacko:
cheers
tobes

#6 PaulW

PaulW

Committee Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 7,330 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:06 PM

Hi mate, type R's a decent car to take to the ring, although I'm probably not helping you to save up fro a zed :wacko: Enjoy and have a search around. Hopefully we'll be able to save you a few quid that'll make your future beast arrive quicker, like get the Nismo kit from the US instead of paying dealer prices etc :wacko:

gallery_245_423_13930.png

#7 itzmagic

itzmagic

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:27 PM

Hi Guys, I'm not a techie, I'm not a modder and I'm to old/grey haired/long in the tooth to get to get to any meets (maybe I'm just shy!!! :wacko: )+ too many responsibilities at home. So not an awful lot to contribute to most discussions.

However I have had my Zed since Nov 2003 and still love it to bits. No major problems with it, no dealer problems, just the enormous enjoyment I get every time I sit behind that wheel, turn the key and take off. :)

Anyway, the forum to me is an extension of ownership of my zed where I can share the experience of other owners. It's a bit one sided I admit but as long as none of you lot mind I will continue to bask in your trials and tribulations + the not inconsiderable triumphs of others. :wacko:

Graham
Sunset GT Born Nov 2003

#8 Damo

Damo

Zedling

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:33 PM

Woo - Hoo :wacko:

Welcome itzmagic :)

Long time lurking record winner?, or can anyone beat it :teeth: :wacko:
Thinking about "modding" your car? Don't forget the driver! - CAT Driver Training - click for Members discounts

Need to know how to do a job on your Zed? Check out the "How to's" section - click here

The definitive Tyre Choice Poll click here to vote and see the results

Posted Image

Send me your "How to's" - howto@nissansportz.com

#9 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,387 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:36 PM

Graham - A TRUE LURKER!!!

Get to a meet, mate - you're not too old/grey haired/long in the tooth - I've seen plenty of grey hairs at our meets!! You'd love it mate - we're all a bunch of old farts who just like a chat - Where in the country do you lurk?

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#10 itzmagic

itzmagic

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:01 PM

:wacko: I do most of my lurking in West Sussex just south of Gatport Airwick. Most of my zedding is from here to the coast by nefarious routes and east/west to the kent and hampshire borders. Difficult to get away for too long or too far without mega logistics work as I need to stay close to home to care for my disabled wife. But you never know... :wacko:
Graham
Sunset GT Born Nov 2003

#11 Damo

Damo

Zedling

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:05 PM

q
This sound like a good enough reason to have a meet in the "West Sussex just south of Gatport Airwick area" at some point in the future then :wacko:
Thinking about "modding" your car? Don't forget the driver! - CAT Driver Training - click for Members discounts

Need to know how to do a job on your Zed? Check out the "How to's" section - click here

The definitive Tyre Choice Poll click here to vote and see the results

Posted Image

Send me your "How to's" - howto@nissansportz.com

#12 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,387 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:11 AM

Funnily enough, Mattler was chatting to me last night about having his 'megameet' at Mercedes Benz World - LINK (as suggested by Fukufuku). It's at Brooklands, between jcts 10 & 11 of the good old M25, which isn't a million miles from Gatport Airwick ( :wacko: love it).

His current suggested date is November 11th.

I'll make a link to this post over in his thread.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#13 Jables

Jables

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:21 AM

Another self-confessed lurker looking to upgrade from a CTR :wacko: Picked up some useful tips from reading around; definitely gonna sign up for the membership when I'm an official z-owner. Off to look at a couple of azure blue's in London tonight, they're damn near impossible to find in the west country!

#14 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,387 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:48 AM

q

Hi Jables!!

Good luck with your hunting in the concrete jungle!

Let us know as soon as you've bagged one.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#15 devilcake

devilcake

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:42 AM

Hi :type: I'm another lurker :wacko: lots of us it seems. Had my Z for a year and love it. :)

I enjoy reading the forums (try and pop on most days for a quickie :clap: and find I am learning a lot - the jargon is still a bit of a foreign language :?: - but I'm slowly learning it from these pages (how about a tech-speak to English translation thread?)

#16 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,387 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:55 PM

q

Welcome DC! :wacko:

That's a brilliant idea for a thread :type: :?: :) - 350Z JARGONBUSTER - I like it!!!

...a thread where people can feel happy to ask for an explanation of terms they don't understand.

We could build it into a really useful list and arrange it alphabetically!! Hey mate - you just invented the dictionary! :clap:

Go for it DC - Why don't you start the thread - in the General area, I suppose.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#17 marm176ez

marm176ez

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:15 PM

here's another lurker!

28, live in essex, got an 06 at beginning of january and only managed 2500 miles in it since then. i spent a lot of time out of the country so it's good to come back home and take the car out for a spin, keeps it a lot more enjoyable that way i think.

no plans to mod it or anything like that, just like to come on here to see what crazy things some people are doing with theirs!

oh, and not being around must be saving me a fortune on petrol, i'd have never got it as a daily driver.

and 1 final oh, glyn hopkin in chelmsford are absolute pish. the little button on the sat nav broke ages ago, they've ordered it and it still hasn't turned up yet. 3 weeks my backside. and they never put the knee pad thing on the passenger side back on properly, but i live miles from them so its going to have to wait and be done if/whenever the satnav gets fixed.

mark

#18 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,387 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:01 PM

Hello Lurker Mark!!

Nice little intro mate! - Keep us informed about your button saga!!! :wacko:

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#19 shoelace

shoelace

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 01:37 PM

Lurker here too. (well if you can count a week as lurking :wub: )

Not got a Z yet, but really desperate to lay my hands on one very soon. Just need those darned solicitors to earn their exorbitant fees and complete all the legals on the sale of my house first!

Living Bucks/Herts/Beds borders at the moment (Leighton Buzzard for those who know the area).

Looking to buy a UK car for about 15k, but there don't seem to be many around at the moment, particularly not with the RAYS wheels (which are so much nicer than the stock ones IMO) in my budget. Think I may have to look at getting a high mileage one to get the kit I want. Does anyone know whether there are any problems with this performance engine as it gets on a bit?

I'll join the members club when I lay my hands on a little beauty. I won't be modding, but may come along to a meet or two, who knows!

#20 Crisis

Crisis

Founding OC Chairman

• Founding Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,306 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 02:17 PM

Welcome Shoelace... (wasn't he a TV detective? - oh no, that was Shoestring :?: )

Another Bucks owner here, so get yourself sorted with a car and we look forward to you joining up as a Full Member :wub: :wub: :lol:

Don't let the lack of Rays put you off BTW, the car is great no matter what wheels it wears :lol:
Giles

Posted Image