#1 martinmac

martinmac

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:16 pm

Hello all,
Just joined and obviously spending a lot of time trawling through past posts. Always a little difficult to get the gen. fom them.

I am up for any meets when home and just interested in how many members are in the area. Having read many of the threads I can only sympathise with anyone trying to organise a meet. I have been sorting one out recently and whatever date/location you pick cannot suit everyone.

Weather/ holidays/work commitments/weddings etc. will always foul them up.

See many Zeds around the area and from experience of "spotted" seems there are many not on forums but also from experience I really enjoy the get togethers.

Anyway, if any of you fancy a meet sometime/someplace post your names. I will probably regret this as others greater than me have tried but to me it is a very enjoyable part of the Zed ownership experience. We have had mini meets in the lakes with only 4 Zeds and I have really enjoyed them.

:welcome:
Posted Image

#2 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,735 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:33 pm

Pootling around the Lakes in a mini convoy sounds lovely MM - only wish I was nearer, then I could join you!

...as for organising meets - if you come up with an idea that people like, then it's easy and fun to organise - and I reckon you've got a GREAT idea here. I reckon you should change the name of this thread to make it more of an advert for your meet idea - something like, "Join a Convoy Round The Lakes", or something.

Have you received your 'spotted' cards yet, so you can start applying them to all these Zeds you keep seeing?

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#3 Vixen

Vixen

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:37 pm

Good luck!

There don't seem to be many in the NW, but there's no excuse for people not travelling to the area for a meet. That's the whole point of these cars..... people like driving them!

We had a few fantastic meets - Dyno's (well, the first two :bose: ), Lakes drive, & Fiddle & curry... the one for the brave.

All it takes (and I didn't quite manage it on the last attempt :lol: ), is organisation. As long as people know exactly what is planned (and they don't have to guess), people will turn up!

(and check the calendar first B) )

Come on guys, show Martinmac some support :bounce: :clap: :clap: :welcome:
if I wanted to hear the pitter patter of tiny feet, I'd put shoes on my cat......

2004... Inaugural 350zuk.com Meet, RWYB York Raceway, Lunch at the Ransom, The Manor x3

2005... NW Dyno Day, Lake District Drive, Goodwood, Le Mans, JAE, Tuner GP, Jap Performance Show, Midlands Gumball, D1 Corp @ Silverstone, Track Day @ Bruntingthorpe, Irish Meet, Fiddle & Curry, Ace Cafe, The Manor x11

2006... The Manor x4, North West Dyno Day, Buntingford Classic Car Show, The National

2007... ProDrift @ Mondello Park, (Nr) Dublin, The National

#4 mike350

mike350

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:44 pm

Hi Martin.
Trying to sort a meet is not as easy as you may think, as i well know from sorting the Wrexham/Chester meet. I've looked at these forums many a time and seen many people fail to get the numbers up :welcome:
I think you are doing a great job in sorting the lake district meet....and got some good numbers to :bounce:
Just so unfortunate that it falls on the same day as the national, but it doesn't matter whether you are at the lakes or the national, you are there to talk and look at one think.....The zed :clap:

#5 martinmac

martinmac

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:51 pm

Vixen. I empathise with previous efforts.
I know it is a pain.
Fortunately I have the time as I only work half the year. I love where I live and there are some great places round here, also have some good friends with Zeds that will help out.
One problem is that until the guys have been to a Zed meet they dont know what they are missing. Also try to make it a social event as I am aware that it takes two to buy a Zed and partners arent always as keen on the "car" thing.
Posted Image

#6 Vixen

Vixen

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:55 pm

q

Previous zed meets.......?
if I wanted to hear the pitter patter of tiny feet, I'd put shoes on my cat......

2004... Inaugural 350zuk.com Meet, RWYB York Raceway, Lunch at the Ransom, The Manor x3

2005... NW Dyno Day, Lake District Drive, Goodwood, Le Mans, JAE, Tuner GP, Jap Performance Show, Midlands Gumball, D1 Corp @ Silverstone, Track Day @ Bruntingthorpe, Irish Meet, Fiddle & Curry, Ace Cafe, The Manor x11

2006... The Manor x4, North West Dyno Day, Buntingford Classic Car Show, The National

2007... ProDrift @ Mondello Park, (Nr) Dublin, The National

#7 martinmac

martinmac

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:58 pm

Chester and lakes mini meets.
Posted Image

#8 mike350

mike350

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:00 pm

q
If the Lakes meet goes just as well (which no doubt it will) then these two meets have to be done next year :clap:
Also it will no longer be a mini meet if these numbers keep going up :D

#9 martinmac

martinmac

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:11 pm

Its a lovely place, cheap hotels but a bit busy with tourists so timing is everything.

Doesnt mean I am suggesting that all meets in the NW should be up here. I love them and will travel anywhere if free.
Posted Image