#241 bigmike20vt

bigmike20vt

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:12 PM

Followup on above

Nissan Marshalls Bury St Edmunds (Suffolk)

Did a P3 Service and MOT on my Zed

Immediately discounted 10% on saying i was a member of various car forums.

Final Bill was 333.05 that was supplying my own (5/30 fully synth magnatec) oil (knocked of 46+vat for using my own oil).

This included a rear wiper blade.

and checked out airbag light - which they said may or may not now be fixed which cost 18.99 (included above)
If not it needs a new part which will be expensive.

so all in all a LOT cheaper than Marshalls Cambridge

The cleaned and hoovered the car, and gave me complimentary 1 year car recovery inc home-start and European cover free - Sadly i already have it BUT if they do it every year and you currently pay for it then its a good bonus)

The guys were friendly and enthusiastic..

I have a list of advisories and the prices are enough to curdle milk but that is for another thread to see if i can find cheaper.

but over all, if you want a main dealer and are around Cambridgeshire i can recommend them.

Unlike Cambridge Marshalls no eye candy to look at (its all micras, Dukes, quashkais and the like, no sign of the 370 or GT-R which are in Cambridge but i would happily miss out on that and save myself the 120 extra which Cambs wanted.

OHH yeah, and the car instantly drives better!!!
Fiat Coupe, gone but not forgotten. Long live the 350Z

#242 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,641 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:31 PM

Thanks for updating the list ;)

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#243 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 337 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:47 AM

+1 for Marshalls Bury. Took my 350 there for a P2 service yesterday and the service I got was the best I have EVER experienced at a car dealership! :teeth:

When I arrived, they had all of the details we discussed on the phone listed the job sheet (the fact that I was providing my own engine oil, a 10% discount for being a member of a forum and that they were going to give me a lift back to work as I work only a few miles away).

I left the car with them all day (don't need it during my working day) and they even came and picked me up in the evening too (after a phone call an hour before the agreed pick up time to make sure I was still ok for a pick up at the agreed time).

When I got back to pick it up it was waiting outside ready for me. When I went to pay the bill, the very helpful and friendly chap on the serice reception (James) said he had worked with the figures and had knocked a little bit more off for me! Awesome! In all, a P2 service for 230 - almost exactly 200 cheaper than Marshalls Cambridge (those GT-R technician prices must be hurting their business)! And I also got the free years breakdown with RAC.

Would thoroughly recommend to anyone in Cambridge/Suffolk area, so much so, I am just about to call again to book my wifes Qashqai in for next week!

Very pleased - what a breath of fresh air!

Dave

PS Don't need any wipers for the QQ thanks Sarah - saw your group buy but we changed them only 6 months ago!

#244 cyclos

cyclos

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:37 PM

Looking good for Marshall's Bury! I'm in Ipswich, so i know where I'll be taking the zed next :teeth:

#245 Baldieman

Baldieman

Zedling

• User (10)
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:20 PM

Once again mates rates servicing at Bailey's Canterbury for P1 = 160 + a free external valet. :teeth:
  • dj370zNismo likes this
Its Official

AS SEEN IN AUTOCAR

ZEUS - "OUR CHOICE" - AutoCar Issue 15 October 2008

Zeus...350z GT, Rays, Rear Park, Sunset. Born 14-5-05. Still Smiling Every Time the key is turned.
Also. Z tax disk, z mats, did have z dust cap's till some sod nicked them, z base ball cap.

#246 jen

jen

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:21 AM

P2 at Lincoln Crystal Motors for 285 (already included a 10% discount as a previous customer).

Spoke to the service manger (Simon) when handing over my car keys, and asked if that was the best price - got another 10% off :#1: which was a nice surprise.

Then got the dreaded phone call an hour in saying my locking wheel nut key was not in the back with the spare - after calling around the previous garages that have had the wheels off realised that I had been driving around for 2 years without it as someone forgot to put it back - good thing I haven't had to change the spare! Crystals were great - they got someone to drive down to their Grantham branch (about 40 mins away), pick up the master set and continue on with the service with only a 90 mins delay. Then then gave me a new locking key free to replace my lost one. Advice - always check they have replace the locking key!

Arrived to pick the car up - it was not sounding good and the mechanic was doing some fault diagnostics. I was intending to drive straight from the Nissan dealer to another garage for a quick MOT. I mentioned this to Simon. They obviously couldn't give the car back in that state so I was given a courtesy car (actually free - none of this 20 for insurance etc) ans they kept it overnight. Turned out it needed new sparks (49k done - wasn't due until 54k) so they fitted them.

Final costs - P2 Service 256 (2 x 10% off), MOT done free and new spark plugs fitted free, just paid for parts 60. New locking wheel nuts key - Free. Happy! Customer service in my opinion was outstanding - they couldn't have done more for me. Car washed outside and valeted inside. The other nice touch was the mechanic who actually came out to talk to me after the service - I was allowed into the bay when we were trying to diagnose the rough running. I like the personal touch.

#247 Alex_C

Alex_C

Zedling

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

Just booked in to WLMG Slough for P1 service for Monday the 19th. Very friendly service lady forget her name but I will get it when I go back. All in for service was £169...which I though was pretty reasonable! Asked them to have a look over the fan belt too which is looking a little tired!

Nissan - "Would you like a courtesy car sir?"
Me - "Ooo yes please. I'll take one of those MY12 GTR's you've got out there...preferably the white one!"
Nissan - "Errrr will a Note be okay?"
Me - "How about that lovely 370 over there?"
Nissan - "A Note it is then!"
Me - "Oh go on then...you twisted my arm!"

She took it all in good humour and I look forward to seeing how the Note compares to my 350!!! :) I will report back here when I get the car back!

2016 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate - Daily commuting tardis!

2016 Nissan Squishsquash -  The economical runabout!

1965 VW Beetle - (Very) Long-term Project Car!

2007 Audi RS4 Avant - 400hp load lugger!

2004 Nissan 350z - How can I squeeze another car on my driveway?!

#248 andy.j

andy.j

Zedling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

I look forward to seeing how the Note compares to my 350!!!

In short. It doesn't! But unlike the GT-R, it will make you appreciate your zed more when you get it back! Everything will feel so right and responsive! Well that's my experience anyway!

Posted Image

2010 Twilight Grey 370z - My First Z! - Here is how I made it mine

#249 Alex_C

Alex_C

Zedling

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

In short. It doesn't! But unlike the GT-R, it will make you appreciate your zed more when you get it back! Everything will feel so right and responsive! Well that's my experience anyway!

Well you're not wrong there! Just back from Nissan Slough after having a 2011 Micra for most of the day! I definitely won't be trading the zed in any time soon!

Excellent service from WLMG though and with both aux belts replaced, brake fluid changed, two bulbs changed (which I didn't even know were out) all oil and filters done (apart from the new pop charger) for just over £300...not too bad at all!

Got chatting to one of the service chaps as they had 13 GTRs on their forecourt! They had just taken delivery of them yesterday and they were all sold waiting to be collected! Had two with the track pack on as well and I must say they look excellent, especially in white with the black wheels! Took a picture but managed to delete it before I got home! :rolleyes:

2016 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate - Daily commuting tardis!

2016 Nissan Squishsquash -  The economical runabout!

1965 VW Beetle - (Very) Long-term Project Car!

2007 Audi RS4 Avant - 400hp load lugger!

2004 Nissan 350z - How can I squeeze another car on my driveway?!

#250 Saxtoo

Saxtoo

Zedlet

• User (10)
  • 299 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:53 AM

Nissan Derby (Bristol Street Motors/Vertu).

P2 Service December 2013 (Oil wasn't supplied in the price, as I brought them my own Motul X-cess 8100)

• P2 Service £94 +vat
  • Filter Assy-oil £6.12+vat
  • Washer, drain 90p+vat
  • Element Assy £9.99+vat
  • Brake fluid change £23.50+vat
  • Brake cleaner £3.07+vat
  • Screenwash £1.39+vat

I believe that came to £166.76 inc vat.  (I had some other stuff done at the same time, so have had to extract these +vat prices off the invoice. Noticed all the parts were given a 15% discount too).

I'm a lot happier now that this site has changed hands from Sunwin to BSM/Vertu. Thanks to Service Mgr. Baz; frontline staff Kirsti & Darren; and mechanic Alan. Though there remains telephone connection issues when you try to contact the dealership, due to a divert up to Gateshead (the BSM/Vertu call centre receptionist), only to get sent back again to the local dealership. At one stage I was trying to get to the correct person and after 2 hours I gave up. It would have been quicker to walk there. PLEASE don't send my call up to Gateshead again, I need the service desk in Derby for some prices!

On such a large site, parking spaces seem few and far between around the Nissan workshop end at Derby. All I could see were "No Entry - Vertu Training" signs liberally posted; and new ones for "Electric demonstrator vehicles only". 

#251 ouro

ouro

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:48 AM

Evans Halshaw (main dealer) in Sunderland charged £295 for a P1 service + mot in December.

I won't be going back there for 3 reasons:

1/ They are the main dealer and had to ask me which service was due - surely they should know.

2/ When I took it in it was spotless and highly polished. After they finished they kindly hosed it down and left it outside to dry - why? There wasn't a mark on it before but there was afterwards.

3/ They gave me a 'free health check' which advised me to replace my tyres and brake pads as they were between 50 & 60% worn. What? No amber warnings on the MOT, but you expect me to chuck perfectly good parts in the bin? I only do a couple of thousand miles a year, they would probably be fine this time next year.

• LESmo likes this

#252 dj370zNismo

dj370zNismo

Zedling

• Members (10)
  • 2,595 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:15 AM

3/ They gave me a 'free health check' which advised me to replace my tyres and brake pads as they were between 50 & 60% worn. What? No amber warnings on the MOT, but you expect me to chuck perfectly good parts in the bin? I only do a couple of thousand miles a year, they would probably be fine this time next year.

Yes I hate this. My 350Z supplying dealer tried to tell me my front discs needed changing after 30,000 miles. After quite an interesting debate about disc wear and quizzing them how they measured them, they reluctantly conceded but said they wouldn't last till the next service. Sold the car last year with 72K on it and the original discs which were still over 28mm!!!!!

• LESmo and ouro like this
2013 Storm White 370z Nismo #93
2004 Azure Blue 350Z