38 replies to this topic

#21 T.C

T.C

Zedling

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Hi everyone, just joined this forum and looking through older threads trying to gain some knowledge and came across this thread. Can I just say I really hope that some of you do not take advice from some of the posts on here. Paul.S has some really good tips.
Under no circumstances pretend your injured as has been suggested by someone else and do not leave your car where it is UNLESS it's a serious injury or fatal, if you do you could easily cause a secondary accident and be prosecuted.
Hopefully everyone has a better idea of what to do these days anyway
White 370 Nismo 2013. 

#22 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

Committee Secretary

• Committee Member (10)
  • 22,614 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

I think you will find Kev is pointing out that sometimes the only way to get police to attend is by saying you are injured as opposed to making a fraudulent insurance claim. :)

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d  premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it

Check out our - 2014 & 2015 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

#23 T.C

T.C

Zedling

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

Thanks Chilli Red, I'm just trying to point out is the minute you say to someone, even on the phone, there's an injury and the police arrive and there isn't. Then they commit an offence of "making a false statement" which would open another can of worms. Making a false statement is oral as well as written so just advising anyone who read it to think twice. ;)
White 370 Nismo 2013. 

#24 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

Committee Secretary

• Committee Member (10)
  • 22,614 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

Good advise which is well received. You are obviously in the know and judging by your forum name maybe you are one of our 'boys in blue'. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Sarah :)

07765 406665

#25 T.C

T.C

Zedling

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Thanks Sarah, not anymore I'm not but I'm hoping to help anyone on here with some valuable knowledge. It's often the case that the law sucks and just doesn't make sense and the public wonder why this happened or that happened and why the police had to take the course they do. So, if someone needs advice I am just hoping to save them any heartache or misfortune by explaining how it's viewed or will be dealt with by the "official" side, that way members on here will be well informed and well prepared. I hope it came across that way. BTW the wife is still serving so I can help with most queries.
  • Chilli Red likes this
White 370 Nismo 2013. 

#26 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

Committee Secretary

• Committee Member (10)
  • 22,614 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Excellent, always good to have inside knowledge and you came across just fine.

Thank you :D

07765 406665

#27 Fuku Fuku

Fuku Fuku

Zedling

• Founding Member (10)
  • 8,324 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

It wasn't me. :ph34r:

:welcometonissansportz:
  • Chilli Red likes this

Posted Image

#28 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

Committee Secretary

• Committee Member (10)
  • 22,614 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

This time ..... :lol:

07765 406665

#29 T.C

T.C

Zedling

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

It wasn't me. :ph34r:

:welcometonissansportz:

Yeah right, If I had a penny for every time :kicking:
White 370 Nismo 2013. 

#30 Paul_S

Paul_S

Committee Member and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,361 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Thanks for your insightful input topcop (or, under the circumstances, should I call you "topcop's other half"?? :lol:)

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

Posted Image

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

#31 Fuku Fuku

Fuku Fuku

Zedling

• Founding Member (10)
  • 8,324 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

Yeah right, If I had a penny for every time :kicking:

On this occasion it's true!! :hypocrite:

Good to have someone to give such useful insight. :notworthy:

Posted Image

#32 Steves370z

Steves370z

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

I have Uninsured Loss Recovery on my policy, which means the repair gets done, no excess, no impact on your NCB....and providing the recovery Co can recover (either from the insurer or by taking the individual to court) then you are sorted, but no waiting around or arguing the toss before the car gets sorted. If they can't successfully recover within a year, you owe them the money..but they have taken out another insurance policy that pays out on your behalf...sweet!! And only added about £25-30 a year to the cost of the insurance

Jez

Sadly even with all these NCB protections and Uninsured Loss Recovery options the minute you have " made a claim " at fault or not they still increase your policy renewal cost ..... And when you shop about and own up ( again even with a no fault accident ) they bump the quote up ....... It happened to me when Lynda's golf got rear ended ..... No fault accident clear cut , all costs recovered but when I came to renew MY insurance ( Lynda as a named driver) I said that she had made a claim and they whacked on £50 .... I spoke to them and stressed it was a no fault and fully recovered and they said it doesn't matter .... she was in an accident and had made a claim (and not even on them !!) .... Thieving Pirates !!!!

Also make a note of number of passengers & their details (I guess they may come under witnesses) but there has been a lot of whiplash claims going through for people that weren't even in the car !!!

#33 T.C

T.C

Zedling

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

Thanks for your insightful input topcop (or, under the circumstances, should I call you "topcop's other half"?? :lol:)

No no no no :not_i: I earned the title many years ago, :#1: the wife has her own skills.
  • Paul_S likes this
White 370 Nismo 2013. 

#34 T.C

T.C

Zedling

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

Also make a note of number of passengers & their details (I guess they may come under witnesses) but there has been a lot of whiplash claims going through for people that weren't even in the car !!!

Its a good point but sadly the term used is "independent witnesses" those carried in or on are not classed an independent. Even when my wife and I, both serving police officers got hit by an 18 wheeler whilst we were stationary at a set of lights I, as the passenger was not independent.
White 370 Nismo 2013. 

#35 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

Committee Secretary

• Committee Member (10)
  • 22,614 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:16 AM

I think they pick and choose. My boss got rear ended whilst waiting to turn out of a junction. He had no one in the car, whilst the woman who hit him had her mum in the car. They said he stuck it in reverse and the insurance company said it was two against one and sided with her :(

07765 406665

#36 Kev T

Kev T

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 972 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

I think they pick and choose. My boss got rear ended whilst waiting to turn out of a junction. He had no one in the car, whilst the woman who hit him had her mum in the car. They said he stuck it in reverse and the insurance company said it was two against one and sided with her :(

Which brings me back to my post and always calling the police as it is unlikely the other driver and passenger would have lied to them on the spot !!
  • Chilli Red likes this

#37 Paul_S

Paul_S

Committee Member and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,361 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

I've just thought of another one... :bounce:

Check for CCTV cameras in the area - they could paint a thousand words.

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

Posted Image

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

#38 Ridz

Ridz

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

Insurance companies suggest a face pic of the person who has run into you, also helps to establish the driver identity/presence.

I always carry a disposable camera in the car, just in case I don't have my phone with me.

There's a huge number of uninsured drivers out there, often driving on other peoples licences/insurance

#39 aytacg26

aytacg26

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:13 PM

Hi;

I also had an accident with my 350z and now looking for some of the parts. In general, I found most of the parts (New or second hand) but I am having problem with finding burnt orange ventilated seats upper trim of left seat. It has damaged with the blow of airbag of left seat and upper trim should be changed. I searched from ebay, from some of the second hand part suppliers and also found some owners but unfortunately, I couldn't find and the ones which I have found has sold a long time ago. I am still looking for the part which I preseted below picture. If you know anyone who sells or if you are selling, I would like to purchase. Please send me your offer.

2008-Nissan-350Z-Roadster-08-1600x1200.j

Best Regards;

AYTAC GULEY

aytacguley@yahoo.com

Famagusta, Cyprus