• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 322 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:16 PM

Just a quick post (my first one!) to say hi. So what's my story...?

As I'm totally unimaginative at coming up with a handle, you can probably guess I'm called Dave. I've been snooping around my local Nissan Dealership for nearly a year (Marshalls in Cambridge), drooling over the Z's. I took one out for my first test drive in March this year and confirmed my suspicion that it is an absolutely awesome car (Jamie at Marshalls Cambridge was fantastic, very knowledgeable and tried his best to get me a deal that I could afford - however didn't buy from there in the end). I was recommended by Jamie (aka Big Gay Bear!) to look this site up and have been regularly looking at the forums ever since, keeping a keen eye on the classifieds. However, on Friday last week my life was about to change…I spotted a 2005, black GT on Autotrader...it ticked all the boxes so I made a few calls and less than 24 hours later I had done a deal! :P I am now counting down the days before I can pick up my new pride and joy and cannot wait - I feel like a kid again waiting for Christmas! I plan on whittling the next few days away checking out the members area of the site – so much useful info! Pic posted too (not that any of you need to be reminded of what a Z looks like though!).

Attached Thumbnails

• Dave_G_Z.jpg

#2 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 22,692 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:21 PM

Hi Dave :) :P to the OC

Nice car :P :P

Loads to look at on the forum so happy searching

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d  premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it

Check out our - 2014 & 2015 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

#3 Gus

Gus

Zedling

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:43 PM

Hi Dave, welcome to nissansportz :P

I well remember the feeling of excitement just before picking up my Zed, and that was 4.5 years ago !

I can honestly say it's by far the best car I've owned :) , and I still get a smile every time I drive it - just hearing her on start up ( especially since I fitted a Nismo exhaust ) is fantastic :P .

Hope you enjoy the car, and find lots of useful info here - if not, just ask away !

Gus
04 350Z Gunmetal - gone, but not forgotten
08 Golf R32 DSG, Deep Blue Pearl - gone
10 S3 Sportback S-Tronic, Sprint Blue - gone

10 A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDi quattro Sportback 170 bhp

#4 3FIDDYZ

3FIDDYZ

Zedling

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,466 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:01 PM

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the OC and thanks for joining the ranks of the members. Keeps this great club going and hope you reap the benifits that ownership brings :)

I unfortunatly didnt have the joy of searching for the car, I just had a moment of madness one saturday afternoon, found the car I wanted at a good price and sorted it out over the phone... I had to wait 2 days for it though!! Have never looked back :P Bet the next couple of days will be filled with thoughts of getting in and blipping that throttle....

Watch out for the groin™ though! Its contageous!

Hope to see you at a meet soon,

Mark
Posted Image
Uprev FTMFW!
Chargespeed - Ings - Nismo - Recaro - Volk - Gallery - K&N - Cusco - Endless - 5zigen - RS-R
Kinetix - Clearcorners.com - Tommy Kaira - Kenwood - RSW - Varis - Ingallis - Pithon

Chilli Red Performance Parts JC Auto Refinishing Abbey Motorsport

#5 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,522 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:37 PM

Hi Dave,

Another excellent 1st post :) we're on a roll here with the new members!

I'm excited for you too - as said, you never forget picking up the car, and the grin just continues :P

Looking forward to seeing you soon. Are you coming to the AGM?

Paul :P

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#6 headphones

headphones

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:23 AM

:P Lovely clean looking car you've got there.

#7 theshrekster

theshrekster

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:29 AM

Hi Dave and welcome to the club.

Loads of great advice in here, just ask and someone will know.

Look forward to seeing you at a meet sometime.

Cheers
Simon
My REAL name is Simon

2005 Sunset Orange Coupe, full NISMO body kit, NISMO exhaust, 19" NISMO wheels with gloss black powdercoat finish, high flow cats, plenum spacer, K&N Cold Air Induction Intake, TomTom hardwired power supply, 350Z mats, StuartB tonneau cover (version 2 with embossed Z), Stubby aerial, Z logo valve caps, sat in my garage awaiting a nice sunny weekend!
Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 as daily driver and dog transporter  :)
Range Rover Vogue as another weekend toy WRITTEN OFF
Honda Accord 2.2 CTDI Exec for the daily M3/M25/M1 grind to work) with a CD Auto changer that doesn't skip :) SOLD
Nissan 350Z 2004 GunMetal , GT Pack, Alezan Leather, New 18" Rays, Parking Sensors, Vent Trims, Z Tax Disc Holder, phone kit. NOW SOLD
Jaguar X-Type TDI NOW SOLD
Ford Focus TDI Ghia NOW SOLD
Honda Prelude 2.2 VTEC NOW SOLD
Honda VTR SP2 for the Summer NOW SOLD

He who dies with the most toys, WINS!!!

#8 NISMO Dave

NISMO Dave

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:56 AM

Hi Dave and welcome to the club :P :) :P

...and theres nothing wrong with your forum name :P :)
'One life......live it'

Posted Image
Torque GT Supplied........NISMO Kitted 350z - SOLD

Now driving....'05 Gunmetal Mitsi Evolution 8MR FQ320

#9 bobby

bobby

Zedling

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:31 AM

Hi Dave,
Welcome aboard the OC and enjoy the GROIN :P
Posted Image
JWT popcharger, Motordyne 5/16 plenum spacer, Nismo S-Tune suspension, DS ferrodo 2500 pads, spill's grounding kit and Collinite!!!

#10 CAT

CAT

Zedling

• Trader (10)
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:22 AM

Congrats Dave and :P

Great story - all good things are worth waiting for :) Enjoy the :) and the :P

Jo :P
As Founder/Director of CAT Driver Training it gives me great pleasure to offer you bespoke driver training courses tailored to extract the very most from you and your pride and joy. Our association with the Nissan brand dates back to the introduction of the 350 Z into Europe. Employed by Nissan as a vehicle evaluator and driver trainer, my experience with the Z in its development stages and latterly in the role of proving ground driver trainer makes CAT Driver Training the ideal choice if you require expert tuition on the road or track.

Look in our trading area to see our nissansportz specific courses with discounted prices for Members.

Please PM, email or call myself or Jo (+44 (0)1234 757633) to chat through your training needs. We look forward to training with you to get the best out of you and your car.
Colin Hoad
http://www.catdrivertraining.co.uk/
Ask the Expert - Colin Hoad - Evo Magazine
Watch our new promo film here: Corporate Overview
Read the latest article published by Evo Magazine here: CAT Driver Training review | Features | evo
"It's run by a top team of people and we thoroughly recommend them - Fifth Gear."

#11 Dominique

Dominique

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:24 AM

Hi Dave :P

Welcome! I picked my car up almost exactly 5 months ago and it still makes me just as happy every time I get the opportunity to drive it!

Hope to see you at a meet soon.

Dominique

#12 TIDAH

TIDAH

Zedling

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:49 AM

Great advice and GREAT PEOPLE . Welcome to the club and keep those revs up :P .

frankie
OVER AND OUT

#13 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 322 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:33 AM

Thanks to everyone for the very warm welcome. As correctly predicted, I'm still daydreaming (when I'm supposed to be working) about picking up my Z - will probably be at the weekend so still have quite a few days to go :) - who would have thought banks could take so long to move cash about :P

In the immortal words of Guinness...all good things............

#14 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,672 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:27 AM

Hello Dave. :)

As others have (unsurprisingly) said: great choice of car. Yours looks like an very handsome and tidy example of what we almost all agree is a terrific car. :P

At least in Cambridge you won't be on your own with a Zed. Not that they are common, but you do see a few around. Give the other owners a wave when you see them. The friendly ones will wave back, and seeing as I live in Newmarket one of them might be me. :P :P

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Better gearbox though.

#15 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 322 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:34 AM

Hi there "a pair of flabby..." (!) will definietly give ALL Z's I see a wave :) As I live only a couple of miles away from Newmarket (only just in Cambridgeshire!), there's every chance I'll spot you out and about in the very near future! I'll be the one with the massive grin! :P

#16 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,672 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:30 PM

That'll make two of us then. :P :) :P

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Better gearbox though.

#17 Smoky

Smoky

Zedling

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:31 PM

Hello and welcome to nissansportz Dave :P

Have fun in your Zed, looking forward to seeing you at some meets.
Posted Image

#18 Jon_350Z

Jon_350Z

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:39 PM

Hello Dave :P Welcome to the club :)

Sweet looking zed you (nearly) have, in the best colour too :P

Jon

Posted Image