33 replies to this topic

#21 tobes

tobes

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:23 AM

great thanks, yeah thats what i suspected , looks like thee chancelor wins again and ill bee paying 400 quid :hello:

#22 geoffp

geoffp

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:39 AM

Rather than the 210 to 300 to 455 that parkers said it was a few months ago, i checked this morning and its now forecasted to be 210 to 215 to 245 from April 2008, 2009, 2010.

I was going to be chopping my tax in after new year to get a year a the much lower rate but for the 5 pound difference its not really worth it now.

Heres the linky http://www.parkers.c...ax/?deriv=25156

I think new cars are still getting buggered for tax tho!!!

More money for fun stuff!

Geoff

#23 3FIDDYZ

3FIDDYZ

Zedling

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,466 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:54 AM

Just got mine through for the 31st Dec onwards and its come in at the same rate as last year, so no increase :D
Posted Image
Uprev FTMFW!
Chargespeed - Ings - Nismo - Recaro - Volk - Gallery - K&N - Cusco - Endless - 5zigen - RS-R
Kinetix - Clearcorners.com - Tommy Kaira - Kenwood - RSW - Varis - Ingallis - Pithon

Chilli Red Performance Parts JC Auto Refinishing Abbey Motorsport

#24 NISMO Dave

NISMO Dave

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 07:10 AM

I think new cars are still getting buggered for tax tho!!!

Yup, they are :thankyou: Just recieved my road tax reminder yesterday for my 52plate Zed, registered Jan 08......220 for 6months or 400 for 12months. Ive done 2500miles since January....robbing b******s !! :D
'One life......live it'

Posted Image
Torque GT Supplied........NISMO Kitted 350z - SOLD

Now driving....'05 Gunmetal Mitsi Evolution 8MR FQ320

#25 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 22,691 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 December 2008 - 07:55 AM

Yup, they are :thankyou: Just recieved my road tax reminder yesterday for my 52plate Zed, registered Jan 08......220 for 6months or 400 for 12months. Ive done 2500miles since January....robbing b******s !! :D

agreed

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d  premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it

Check out our - 2014 & 2015 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

#26 geoffp

geoffp

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:07 AM

That sucks, how do they get away with that? I'm assuming you have an import and if wasnt registered in the uk until jan 08.

The whole tax system is a total scam in my eyes, should be dumped on petrol then its all relative in my eyes, but i'm sure there are plenty of threads here that have covered this subject many times over.

#27 Ahapartridge

Ahapartridge

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:49 AM

Just had my reminder through, 220 for 6 months, 400 for 12.

I will contact them to verify this as mine is a 2003 car but registered in the UK in 2007 :clap:

#28 Ahapartridge

Ahapartridge

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:13 AM

The date of registration is when it was first registered in the UK so unfortunately for people like me with a 2003 car i cannot get the reduced rate as my car was not registered over here until 2007, this is straight from the DVLA :P

#29 silverfox

silverfox

Zedlister

• User (10)
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:58 AM

Just got my renewal. 2007 registered GT Roadster now £460 for the year. Where will this end. The Govt are taking all the fun out of owning a Z but I will not be defeated. I will pay and gladly spray my carbon everywhere. Well I have paid for the privelage.

#30 JimmyM

JimmyM

Zedlet

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

I've just got my reminder through for the end of this month 2003 import registered 1/8/2003, £215 for the year or £118 for 6 months.

#31 MaDMaXX

MaDMaXX

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 953 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:01 AM

It wouldn't be *as* bad, even though it is, if the charge was still called road tax, and went to the bloody roads! :( :rtfm: :bang: :rant:

#32 G5 VAR

G5 VAR

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:25 PM

It wouldn't be *as* bad, even though it is, if the charge was still called road tax, and went to the bloody roads! :( :rtfm: :bang: :rant:

Couldn't agree more, lost count of the amount of damage I've had caused due to the state of the roads, most recently on one of the bikes, over £400 for a replacement wheel :cursing:

I know about the pothole claim thing, but tried that last year when the z got a damaged rim, just lost the will to live trying to deal with the local authority

#33 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,667 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:44 PM

Couldn't agree more, lost count of the amount of damage I've had caused due to the state of the roads, most recently on one of the bikes, over £400 for a replacement wheel :cursing:

I know about the pothole claim thing, but tried that last year when the z got a damaged rim, just lost the will to live trying to deal with the local authority

That's what they want. Have you mentioned going to the Local Government Ombudsman to them? In most instances, where you want some money and the other side are dragging their heels, mention their ombudsman and all of a sudden they get a little more helpful.

It's a bit like mentioning Trading Standards to a half-decent or better tradesman. :thumbs:

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Better gearbox though.

#34 G5 VAR

G5 VAR

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

That's what they want. Have you mentioned going to the Local Government Ombudsman to them? In most instances, where you want some money and the other side are dragging their heels, mention their ombudsman and all of a sudden they get a little more helpful.

It's a bit like mentioning Trading Standards to a half-decent or better tradesman. :thumbs:

I've cut the event's down to save boring everyone, but yes tried that when it happened to the 370z, stopped took photo's etc- was on a night hack when the bike got damged, on a country lane, possibly travelling at excessive speed :huh: with another five bikes behind me, couldn't stop to photo's etc.

There's a clause that If the roads been inspected according to guidlines, the potholes not been previously reported your limited to the responsability that the authority can be accountable for. I even took a picture of the sub standard temp repair they did and said I hit it a second time as the pothole was in the middle of a country lane, on a bend. I think my case was diluted due to the harsh winter we had last year and what could be deemed resonable. Went on for a few months and got bored of getting stressed over it, so dropped it.