thanks

#45 H_Potter

H_Potter

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:40 PM

My UY came without a plaque. How do I find out what number it is??
Can I get one fited at next service?
Will I get a PS2 with it??

H

#46 Fuku Fuku

Fuku Fuku

Zedling

• Founding Member (10)
  • 8,324 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:04 AM

H

You can try. :clap:

Posted Image

#47 davyrobo

davyrobo

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:14 PM

H

I don't know if you can get the plaque fitted and I never got a PS2 with mine. I would imagine the previous owner has that. I noticed you are from the same area as me is your car the one featured in EVO magazine. I know that it is somewhere in the west of scotland.

#48 H_Potter

H_Potter

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:26 PM

Yup that's me :D

In Glasgow "enjoying regular jaunts along the stunning west coast" :bounce: :) :)

I got a service coming up in a month or 2's time so I'll ask then.

Failing that I might need to write to the previous owner (asking for it back)! :)

H

#49 davyrobo

davyrobo

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:16 PM

Yup that's me ;)

In Glasgow "enjoying regular jaunts along the stunning west coast" :) :kicking: :)

I got a service coming up in a month or 2's time so I'll ask then.

Failing that I might need to write to the previous owner (asking for it back)! :(

H

If your car is the one in evo I think they should be able to help you with the number. I have copied a link to evo web site showing a long term test on the GT4 they had. Hope this helps
http://www.evo.co.uk...n_350z_gt4.html

#50 JohnFK

JohnFK

nissansportz Chairman

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,110 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:44 PM

From all my investigations unless your car has the plaques then finding its number is virtually impossible. The UK cars were the only ones given numbers and these were passed to the selling dealer for fitment - unless the person in Sunderland was otherwise engaged, when it didn't get done!

I was lucky that although mine arrived without plaques, my dealer managed to get a pair by shouting at someone in NMGB. However, this far down the line there probably aren't any left lying around, let alone the person who was responsible for doing this (we do know one person left NMGB and when he asked his manager what to do with the plaques he was told to get rid of them - he took them with him when he left and then advertised them on e-bay).

So you may have to content yourself with just knowing it was one of 176 allocated to the UK (although there is an ex-Cyprus car over here with 07 plates!).

If you want to send me your chassis number I might be able to tell you what sales batch it came in. E-mail is john@pceffect.co.uk. Needless to say, this information wont be released to any third parties.....

JohnK
62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#51 Digsy

Digsy

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:02 PM

From all my investigations unless your car has the plaques then finding its number is virtually impossible. The UK cars were the only ones given numbers and these were passed to the selling dealer for fitment - unless the person in Sunderland was otherwise engaged, when it didn't get done!

I was lucky that although mine arrived without plaques, my dealer managed to get a pair by shouting at someone in NMGB. However, this far down the line there probably aren't any left lying around, let alone the person who was responsible for doing this (we do know one person left NMGB and when he asked his manager what to do with the plaques he was told to get rid of them - he took them with him when he left and then advertised them on e-bay).

So you may have to content yourself with just knowing it was one of 176 allocated to the UK (although there is an ex-Cyprus car over here with 07 plates!).

If you want to send me your chassis number I might be able to tell you what sales batch it came in. E-mail is john@pceffect.co.uk. Needless to say, this information wont be released to any third parties.....

JohnK

I thought the Cypriot car was supposed to be a UK model shipped to Cyprus and then brought back?
DIGSY

#52 JohnFK

JohnFK

nissansportz Chairman

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,110 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:28 PM

I thought the Cypriot car was supposed to be a UK model shipped to Cyprus and then brought back?

Could have been. Cyprus cars being RHD are often spec'ed as UK. Is it one of the 176? I dont know and I'm afraid we may never know..... The register has thrown up very few Black models of which there were supposed to 100. Given that you could still order one until manufacturing started on the MY06 cars, I sometimes doubt that the UK ever ordered/sold the 176..........
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress

#53 Digsy

Digsy

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:15 AM

Could have been. Cyprus cars being RHD are often spec'ed as UK. Is it one of the 176? I dont know and I'm afraid we may never know..... The register has thrown up very few Black models of which there were supposed to 100. Given that you could still order one until manufacturing started on the MY06 cars, I sometimes doubt that the UK ever ordered/sold the 176..........

Signwizard (Paul) who had the Cypriot car was on both sites although he has sold up now. A PM may solve the mystery for you. Otherwise, Chesterfield works round the corner from him and could ask.
DIGSY

#54 Squarehead

Squarehead

Zedlet

• User (10)
  • 479 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:41 AM

^^ He didn't keep that long - only had 12 months! All that hassle importing from Cyprus!
2010 370z GT Grey
Reversing camera 
Modded air intakes

#55 Digsy

Digsy

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:06 AM

^^ He didn't keep that long - only had 12 months! All that hassle importing from Cyprus!

He bought it from a dealer in Chester. :)
DIGSY

#56 H_Potter

H_Potter

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:10 AM

Hey

I'm looking to get a wheel refurb of my standard GT4s. Want to retain the nice lacquered stuff so they look the same.

Unfortunately I let my mate "Scottishpedro" (on here) drive the car when we went to Le Mans. As he parks like your typical blind grandmother with Parkinsons, my wheels were a mess when we got back. :D

Anyone know who where how and how much?

Can I get a basic refurb or is there anything else that needs to be done cause the wheels are lacquered?

Cheers

H

#57 Knight Templar

Knight Templar

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Does this list/ register still exist?

Steve

#58 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

Committee Secretary

• Committee Member (10)
  • 22,614 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Yes, john keeps it, I think.

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d  premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it

Check out our - 2014 & 2015 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

#59 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

Committee Secretary

• Committee Member (10)
  • 22,614 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Ps, he will pick up on this thread when he next logs in. :)

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d  premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it

Check out our - 2014 & 2015 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

#60 JohnFK

JohnFK

nissansportz Chairman

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,110 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

I still have the list although there hasnt been much added in the last couple of years. Its worth reading back through this thread to understand what seems to have happened with the allocation.....

Happy to add any details you'd like, or answer questions about the data (but wont release VINs to anyone other than the owner).

Cheers!