82 replies to this topic

#1 Paul_S

Paul_S

Committee Member and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,363 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:09 PM

My dealer came up trumps today. They have swapped out the springs on my rear hatch :notworthy:

As you are probably aware, there can be an issue (particularly in cold weather) whereby the hatch does not open properly and needs 2 presses of the button to open. The new springs they supplied look identical but are stiffer. Now when I press the boot release the hatch pops up much more positively :bangin:

Spring_highlighted.jpg

FYI, the part number for the replacements is 84415-1EA1E. Speak to your dealer so they order some in for you, then it's a 30 second job to swap them (simply twist and pull). They will take the old ones away to send back to Nissan.

All under warranty obviously ;)

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

Posted Image

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

#2 dcash5

dcash5

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:40 PM

i wonder if they fit the 350z? Any idea Paul?
Posted Image

#3 Greg Warnes

Greg Warnes

Committee Member

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:56 PM

i can feel a mod coming :notworthy:

If you cant explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

#4 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,363 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:22 PM

I'm not sure mate. I suppose there is no guarantee that they are even any stronger than the 350Z ones buy they are easy to take in and out so we can try next meet :notworthy:

Posted Image

#5 dcash5

dcash5

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:39 PM

Not really a mod just mind are weak! lol
Posted Image

#6 bobby

bobby

Zedling

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:02 PM

Time to keep a 370z issues and solutions thread?
Posted Image
JWT popcharger, Motordyne 5/16 plenum spacer, Nismo S-Tune suspension, DS ferrodo 2500 pads, spill's grounding kit and Collinite!!!

#7 Datsun_Zed

Datsun_Zed

Zedlister

• User (10)
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:18 PM

My 350Z's hatch hydraulics became very lazy after about a year. In the -15C frozen North this winter, they were very stubborn indeed!!!

Was never an issue TBH, but agree they were always a bit lame for the weight of the tail-gate.

DZ

#8 j1m1z

j1m1z

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:57 PM

My dealer came up trumps today. They have swapped out the springs on my rear hatch :notworthy:

As you are probably aware, there can be an issue (particularly in cold weather) whereby the hatch does not open properly and needs 2 presses of the button to open. The new springs they supplied look identical but are stiffer. Now when I press the boot release the hatch pops up much more positively :doh:

Spring_highlighted.jpg

FYI, the part number for the replacements is 84415-1EA1E. Speak to your dealer so they order some in for you, then it's a 30 second job to swap them (simply twist and pull). They will take the old ones away to send back to Nissan.

All under warranty obviously ;)

this actually happened on day one when we picked it up but just thought it was me, or that i did something wrong. will have a word on friday when we go back to check out this aux input thing.
thanks paul

#9 ajpac

ajpac

Zedling

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:36 AM

My dealer came up trumps today. They have swapped out the springs on my rear hatch :)

As you are probably aware, there can be an issue (particularly in cold weather) whereby the hatch does not open properly and needs 2 presses of the button to open. The new springs they supplied look identical but are stiffer. Now when I press the boot release the hatch pops up much more positively :secret:

Spring_highlighted.jpg

All under warranty obviously :)

Has happened on my car a few times so popped into dealership today, seems to be a common feature as the sales manager answered my query before I even asked the question! Took me too the brand new anniversary model in the showroom and sure enough 2 presses to open the hatch on the first attempt but only one press on successive attempts. Any problems since you had the new springs fitted?

Previous 2010 370Z Coupe GT Premium Connect Vibrant Red. My introduction to the world of Zed.

Current   2014 370Z Nismo v2 Vibrant Red.

Next       Too be continued. 

#10 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,363 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:10 PM

Has happened on my car a few times so popped into dealership today, seems to be a common feature as the sales manager answered my query before I even asked the question! Took me too the brand new anniversary model in the showroom and sure enough 2 presses to open the hatch on the first attempt but only one press on successive attempts. Any problems since you had the new springs fitted?

It's good to hear Nissan are taking note :)

It was cold this week and I'm sorry to say one morning I needed 2 pushes again. We were only just sub-zero overnight so I hope it's not a sign of things to come over winter. I can understand it if there is ice on the car but the car was dry - just blinkin' cold. Anyway, it was flawless up until this point so that is good.

Posted Image

#11 oxfordlad

oxfordlad

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:29 AM

Had my springs changed a few weeks ago but now am still getting the problem, though not all the time...

Will see how it goes, might bring it up when I'm next down the garage!!

#12 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,363 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:14 PM

Had my springs changed a few weeks ago but now am still getting the problem, though not all the time...

Will see how it goes, might bring it up when I'm next down the garage!!

Yes, do mention it. Mine is 99% right now but it's due to get colder so we'll see :)

Posted Image

#13 The G Man

The G Man

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:47 PM

Mine was acting up so had the car in for a replacement B Pillar trim on Tuesday (one of the press in spigots was broken, so was loose) and asked them to check these, sods law, worked first time every time when the technician tested them, made me look a right prat :bangin: . He did say that they'll see how it developes.

#14 Baldieman

Baldieman

Zedling

• User (10)
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:40 PM

Those look twice the length of the rubber bumpers on the 350 so doubt that they would, but this needs Paul to head out into the wind and rain of a dark night to go an measure....

I'm waiting Paul.......... :bangin:
Its Official

AS SEEN IN AUTOCAR

ZEUS - "OUR CHOICE" - AutoCar Issue 15 October 2008

Zeus...350z GT, Rays, Rear Park, Sunset. Born 14-5-05. Still Smiling Every Time the key is turned.
Also. Z tax disk, z mats, did have z dust cap's till some sod nicked them, z base ball cap.

#15 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,363 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:55 PM

Those look twice the length of the rubber bumpers on the 350 so doubt that they would, but this needs Paul to head out into the wind and rain of a dark night to go an measure....

I'm waiting Paul.......... :evil2:

If I didn't measure it then I'm not measuring it now! :bangin:

Posted Image

#16 m33ufo

m33ufo

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:46 AM

Hi guys,

New here having just bought a 370Z.

My car exhibits the saime fault - hatch not opening properly. Given that my car is just a month old, I'm surprised that Nissan haven't upgraded the part during manufacture by now?

I'll be calling my local dealer later to arrange replacement.
Nissan 370Z GT Auto
BMW HP2 Sport

#17 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,363 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:46 PM

Hi m33ufo. I have to say mine still haven't been 100% in the cold weather. I would still mention it to your dealer and see what they come back with. I too would have thought that you would have the uprated springs by now but I wouldn't like to guarantee it!

Let us know who your dealer is and how they handle it. We have a dealer league to keep tabs on the good / bad & ugly :bang:

Posted Image

#18 m33ufo

m33ufo

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:40 PM

Thank you.

I've arranged to pop it in on Tuesday for them to have a look. Upon pressing the release mine doesn't actually raise at all. You have to lift it with your fingertips!
Nissan 370Z GT Auto
BMW HP2 Sport

#19 andy.j

andy.j

Zedling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:58 PM

Thank you.

I've arranged to pop it in on Tuesday for them to have a look. Upon pressing the release mine doesn't actually raise at all. You have to lift it with your fingertips!

I'd suggest giving them the part number listed in post 1 in advance of taking your car in, I didn't and now need to arrange a return visit!

Posted Image

2010 Twilight Grey 370z - My First Z! - Here is how I made it mine

#20 m33ufo

m33ufo

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

I'd suggest giving them the part number listed in post 1 in advance of taking your car in, I didn't and now need to arrange a return visit!

I gave them the part number but they want to inspect it first themselves before actually ordering anything. So unfortunately it will mean an extra visit.
Nissan 370Z GT Auto
BMW HP2 Sport