Booked in a KAP Ashord for the P2, same deal as Paul

#22 glb

glb

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:44 PM

Just paid £215 for a P1 at Marshalls Nissan in Cambridge.
(The customer service was better than anything I ever got at BMW with my last car though!)

#23 G5 VAR

G5 VAR

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

Booked in a KAP Ashord for the P2, same deal as Paul

I'm thinking- The price without supplying the Oil and Filter is £270, decent oil's circa £35, if not more (if what Nissan recommend is put in) and then the filter. Appreciate there may be better better oil and filters out there than what the dealer would put in, but what would be the crack if something happens with the engine under warranty if the Nissan OEM filters not been used? Is it worth it to save £30-£40 on the service cost? If they car was out of warranty, wouldn't even enter my head

Am I being para and considering the cars got a full system, HKS filters and UPREV any engine issues wouldn't be covered under warranty anyhow?

#24 Paul_S

Paul_S

Committee Member and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,363 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

Sorry I missed your call today mate. I was driving and now realise that I haven't paired my new phone with the Zed :blush:

When is your car booked in (PM me)? I'll give them a call and tell them you are nearly as picky as me!!!

RE: warranty stuff - I've always been told that if the oil and filter meet or exceed Nissan's spec then you'll have no problems. I've supplied both for my 370Z since day one.

Regarding the other mods, I think it depends what goes wrong to be honest. If a downpipe cracks then you are probably on your own but if you have problems with the alarm then you'll be fine - if you see what I mean. They may be grey areas because of mods but KAP at least are very fair when it comes to that sort of thing.

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

Posted Image

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

#25 ldn-j

ldn-j

Zedlet

• User (10)
  • 269 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

Just paid £215 for a P1 at Marshalls Nissan in Cambridge.
(The customer service was better than anything I ever got at BMW with my last car though!)

For future reference, may also be worth trying Marshalls in Bury - they were much cheaper and the standard of service I had compared to Cambridge was infinitely better. They also will give a nissansportz discount

#26 G5 VAR

G5 VAR

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:06 AM

So, had the P2 completed and the warranty items confirmed (although reported on the P1, different dealer so policy is that KAP had to diagnose). Good thing is the guy's have confirmed the warranty work now, ordering the parts. Forget the cost of the service, the experiance was worth the trip to Ashford.

Day 1 Arrive, book the car in whilst having a coffee Had the offer of a replacement car, decided to go for the drop off at a local office. Get a call saying service all done, could I talk Chris (the technician working on my car) through the other items i've reported. Explained tied up at work, KAP arranged for a car (Juke) to be dropped off to me and agreed I could return Saturday to meet Chris

Day 2 Arrive in the Juke, more coffee. Chris comes out to the car, we discuss the other items (rear hatch, alarm, key fob, 3.5mm jack) Can't remember the number of times I was asked If I was happy with the service recieved by the team. Whilst discussing my car with Chris, my wife starts discussions with another member of the KAP team around the fully loaded Juke in the showroom, trust her to pick the 20k option!!!! I'd have to say what an awesome customer service. With my recent experiance at Abbey, nice to be loved as a customer twice in 6 months and get the impression there are dealers as well as independants that actually give a toss.

Finished off by a visit from Paul S- Nice to see you Paul and thanks for the advice ref KAP. Sorry about the sideways action out of the car park, hopefully didn't flip any stones up?

#27 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,363 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

I'm glad they looked after you mate, I knew they would. Good to see you and meet Jo :)

Haha, no problems with any stones - more of an issue with my ear drums!!! ;)

Posted Image

#28 ajpac

ajpac

Zedling

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

P2 service on my 2010 370Z at local dealer; Polesworth Garage £260.26 inclusive of oil and filter.

Previous 2010 370Z Coupe GT Premium Connect Vibrant Red. My introduction to the world of Zed.

Current   2014 370Z Nismo v2 Vibrant Red.

Next       Too be continued. 

#29 BJW

BJW

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

Hi I live 10 miles from Glasgow.. P1 service at the Infiniti garage £99 + vat.. Special prices for Nissan 350Z forum members.. Both 350's and 370's covered.. Likewise lower costs for P2 & P3 servicing.. Infiniti is like the premium Nissan marque.. I know its a different forum but we are all together in the love of our cars.. The workshop is like an operating theatre.. If in Scotland I recommend.. All Nissan OEM parts used..

#30 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,386 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

Prepare for the drum roll....

:band:

I need a P2 - a few phone calls and I've got me one for..... wait for it......... £200, supplying my own oil. If you're in the Herts/Beds area I can pm you the name of the dealer - they're very new to Nissan and seem to be trying hard, unlike Glyn Hopkin St Albans who wanted £400 (they always seem to mess up a potential deal with me).

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

How to post pics on this forum CLICK HERE

Prospective buyer's/new owners' guide to second-hand 350Zs (includes MY06 & MY07 improvements) - CLICK HERE

All assistance I attempt to give comes with the Murray Walker health warning, "Unless I'm very much mistaken ...I AM very much mistaken!"

'53 plate Gunmetal Grey 350z >>> '56 plate Ebisu Black 350z >>> '10 plate Universal Silver 370z >>> '14 plate Mineral Grey BMW M235i >>> '65 plate Gunmetal 370z

Tokyo Motor Show, October 2017???

#31 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,363 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

My Zed is just back from KAP again from it's P1. Top service :clap:

Posted Image

#32 fabphil

fabphil

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

Just been quoted £249.00 for first service at WLMG Mill Hill including oil and filter.
Can I do better?
Live in Herts.

#33 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,386 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

Just been quoted £249.00 for first service at WLMG Mill Hill including oil and filter.
Can I do better?
Live in Herts.

I think maybe you can reduce that price. I live in Herts too.

My recommendation, in terms of my experiences with various Nissan main dealers in Herts is as follows...
  • Glyn Hopkin St Albans - not the ones I would choose. Had more bad experiences with them than good ones (Sales dept especially).
  • Glyn Hopkin Watford - always had good service from them.
  • Glyn Hopkin Waltham Cross - Although I've only used them once (moved house recently) they were easily the best - knowledgeable, courteous, excellent service. They are also prepared to discuss costs (eg if you supply your own oil, ask not to have any of the extras like 'engine flush'' etc). I will definitely use them again.
  • Norton Way Nissan, Letchworth - new dealership and my one and only experience with them (recently) was poor. Wouldn't recommend them because they failed to replace a part (air filter) at the service (and didn't tell me - luckily I checked before I left their premises) and I've recently discovered that my brake system was dangerously full of air. While I would not accuse them of incorrect practice because I have no evidence, if they changed the brake fluid (as they were supposed to) I would ask if they used the correct procedure. UPDATE - They assure me they DID use the correct procedure, so I have to believe them.
Good luck & let us know what happens.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

How to post pics on this forum CLICK HERE

Prospective buyer's/new owners' guide to second-hand 350Zs (includes MY06 & MY07 improvements) - CLICK HERE

All assistance I attempt to give comes with the Murray Walker health warning, "Unless I'm very much mistaken ...I AM very much mistaken!"

'53 plate Gunmetal Grey 350z >>> '56 plate Ebisu Black 350z >>> '10 plate Universal Silver 370z >>> '14 plate Mineral Grey BMW M235i >>> '65 plate Gunmetal 370z

Tokyo Motor Show, October 2017???

#34 oxfordlad

oxfordlad

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

Just booked my 370z in for it's P3 service and been quoted £199, not bad me thinks!!

#35 2011_370z

2011_370z

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

Got quoted £450 for a P2 at the Newbury Nissan dealer - when I mentioned that that sounded quite a bit more than others had been quoted, he 'realised' that he was quoting from the 18 month or 2 year plan rather than the yearly one.  So the quote went down to £289 all in.

#36 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,363 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

A P3 service (less oil change) at KAP Ashford was £191 today.  Good customer service too :)

Posted Image

#37 fabphil

fabphil

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:51 PM

Just had P2 service at WLMG Mill Hill.

All visual checks, oil, oil filter and cabin air filter change,  took two hours.

All for the bargain price of £337.08!!!!!!!

Unfortunately the car is still in warranty so I need the stamp.

Did get pan European recovery and a free wash though. :smile2: 

#38 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,363 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

Yeah the Nissan RAC cover is a saver and that with the dealer stamp can tip the balance in their favour.

Posted Image

#39 Molonnej

Molonnej

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

Hi chaps,

P3 service now due and gone to mJor dealers those mention and close HPC's with prices ranging from £450 to £650.

Anyone got a good dealer with a more reasonable price or this the bracket for a P3 with Nissan?

Thanks

#40 GIXXERUK

GIXXERUK

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

Hi chaps,

P3 service now due and gone to mJor dealers those mention and close HPC's with prices ranging from £450 to £650.

Anyone got a good dealer with a more reasonable price or this the bracket for a P3 with Nissan?

Thanks

location will help :thumbs:

Posted Image

my old 350z above, need to update with my le mans 370z