Posted Image

Photo

Updating the CDDB (Gracenote) database on the Music box

Best Answer Paul_S , 11 July 2018 - 07:20 PM

Just so we don't ever lose this I've downloaded it, virus checked it again (just to be safe) and zipped for you all do download here --> [attachment=26052:TitleInfoSearch_Navi.zip]

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 arow

arow

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:30 PM

I ripped a CD onto mine the other day for the first time, I presumed it just got track listing etc from the CD... So how did my 2010 Z pick up the track listings from a late 2014 CD if the grace note database is at least as old as 2010!? Would be very unlikely for the previous owner to have done it...

#22 Squarehead

Squarehead

Zedlet

• User (10)
  • 479 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:38 PM

Good point! I ripped Kasabian's new album onto mine and that took the track listings across, maybe theres something gracenote are doing on cd's these days.

2010 370z GT Grey
Reversing camera 
Modded air intakes

#23 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,117 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:56 AM

I think a lof of CD's are CD + text so it should pick it up from that.  I think!

Edit - yes, if the CD is CD+Text then the track info will be on there.  It sounds like Connect Premium has the ability to read that info.

Edited by Paul_S, 25 April 2015 - 11:09 AM.
Added CD+Text info and Wiki link

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#24 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,219 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 October 2015 - 08:14 AM

This week I downloaded a new Album and for the first time got just dates listed.  I had changed the Artist at least manually but the tracks were all dates.  Followed these instruction and bingo - all sorted.  That was a album which came out in 2014.  (747 - Lady Antebellum)

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System.

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Check out our -  2014, 2015 & 2016 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#25 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,103 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:06 PM

Wahey - it worked!

Although it's a bit faffy, it was really easy to do. Just plugged a USB drive into the Zed, followed the instructions on the PDF. Unplugged it, went back to the house and plugged it into the home PC, ran the piece of software I downloaded from the Nissan site, then went back to the car and completed the process.

Quite simple in reality - All the Albums have now been updated, it even picks up the Album information / track titles for brand new CD's that I've just bought.

Thanks for this information. I've just given names to all the tracks on the new Stones CD I got for Christmas - and you're right, it's a quick, easy process.

Just one thing - the software you need to download wasn't recognised by my Macbook, so I had to use a Windows laptop. Yet more evidence of Nissan being up to date with their technology?

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#26 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,219 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 December 2016 - 04:36 PM

Did it have the track yet or did you manually enter it?  Always amazes me.  I never did work out how to do it on the iDrive apart from manually enter the track names and that took ages and I usually gave up :blush2:

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System.

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#27 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,715 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:10 PM

Thanks for this information. I've just given names to all the tracks on the new Stones CD I got for Christmas - and you're right, it's a quick, easy process.

Just one thing - the software you need to download wasn't recognised by my Macbook, so I had to use a Windows laptop. Yet more evidence of Nissan being up to date with their technology?

I think its more of the case that motor manufacturers don't want to get locked in to the partially eaten fruit co. because it will then be via itunes or nothing.
  • Chubbs likes this
62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#28 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,103 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:21 PM

I think its more of the case that motor manufacturers don't want to get locked in to the partially eaten fruit co. because it will then be via itunes or nothing.

If that's the case, I'm with them 100%.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#29 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,103 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:28 PM

Did it have the track yet or did you manually enter it?  Always amazes me.  I never did work out how to do it on the iDrive apart from manually enter the track names and that took ages and I usually gave up :blush2:

All the track titles were transferred automatically, via a USB stick, following the instructions on the first page of this thread.

• LESmo likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#30 Gav C

Gav C

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:19 PM

I ripped Metallica`s new cd last wee and that also transferred all the data, thinking about it each track must contain the metadata as my entire ipod is all mp3 and it displays all the relevant track titles, times and album title on the nav screen, just a shame it doesn`t display the album cover too, now that would be cool  :D

• Paul_S likes this
Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev  remap 

#31 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,117 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:52 PM

I ripped Metallica`s new cd last wee and that also transferred all the data, thinking about it each track must contain the metadata as my entire ipod is all mp3 and it displays all the relevant track titles, times and album title on the nav screen, just a shame it doesn`t display the album cover too, now that would be cool  :D

Have you tried embedding the album cover into the MP3 itself?  I don't know if it works or not but it's got to be worth a try!  I use (free) MP3tag for my collection.  You can either paste the album art in, or use the 'Tag Resources / Album Art' option to get the cover from Amazon, etc.

Edit: I forgot to mention that you can add all the MP3 tags to existing MP3's too - and automatically search online for the track names, etc.

P.S. I failed to get to see Metallica perform at VANS when they released that album and despite it being on my wish list no one bought it for me for Xmas either! :cry:

Edited by Paul_S, 04 January 2017 - 06:55 PM.

• Gav C likes this

#32 Gav C

Gav C

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:04 PM

Have you tried embedding the album cover into the MP3 itself?  I don't know if it works or not but it's got to be worth a try!  I use (free) MP3tag for my collection.  You can either paste the album art in, or use the 'Tag Resources / Album Art' option to get the cover from Amazon, etc.

Edit: I forgot to mention that you can add all the MP3 tags to existing MP3's too - and automatically search online for the track names, etc.

P.S. I failed to get to see Metallica perform at VANS when they released that album and despite it being on my wish list no one bought it for me for Xmas either! :cry:

The album covers come up on the ipod but not the nav screen, maybe the gracenote can`t handle images?

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev  remap 

#33 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,117 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:12 PM

The album covers come up on the ipod but not the nav screen, maybe the gracenote can`t handle images?

Maybe. I don't have Connect Premium so I've never had a chance to play.  If you use something like MP3tag to look at the MP3s you have then you'll see for sure if the album art is embedded in the MP3 itself.  Sometimes there is a hidden album art file.

#34 Gav C

Gav C

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:44 PM

Cheers, I'll check it out

#35 John_K

John_K

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 716 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:19 PM

Hi all

Does anyone know how i can get TitleInfoSearch_Navi.exe?

I cannot find any working links

Thanks in advance

Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'<br>EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads

Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376

#36 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,117 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:06 PM

Hi all

Does anyone know how i can get TitleInfoSearch_Navi.exe?

I cannot find any working links

Thanks in advance

I've found it for you mate. 

gallery_245_77_5570.png

I've virus checked it, are you happy for me to send it to you to test (I don't have the Connect Premium system)?

#37 John_K

John_K

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 716 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:17 PM

Yes please Paul

Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'<br>EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads

#38 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,219 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 May 2018 - 06:43 AM

I have the software on my PC at home - its just a executable - mine if from Infiniti I seem to recall.  But it works.  If no good let me know and I have it.

• Paul_S likes this

#39 John_K

John_K

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 716 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:43 AM

Received thanks Paul, i'll try and test it this evening.

Thanks Les, i'll let everyone know the outcome.
  • Paul_S likes this

#40 dbfoxnh

dbfoxnh

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:31 PM

Guys,

While I don't have a Nissan Sports car, I do have a Murano and had the same issue you did with updating the Gracenote Database.  Thanks to previous comments and less than satisfying communication with Nissan, I am happy to tell you that I have found the program in the Internet Wayback Machine!  If you aren't aware of it, it is archive.org and it is amazing what web sites you can find in the database that are no more.

In this case, the program is IN the Internet Wayback Machine from the original Nissan URL!  You can find it here...

https://web.archive....Search_Navi.exe

I downloaded and scanned it and there are no viruses in it.  I have run it successfully on Windows 10 and now can update my Toto albums!  :-)

Best wishes!

David

• LESmo, Paul_S and Gav C like this