2010 Twilight Grey 370z - My First Z! - Here is how I made it mine

#22 Little Dan

Little Dan

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

I think this very uncomman and unheard of for the 370z but my slave master cylinder went the other day and its in the gear box what a pain!!!! all under warrenty but so happy with the softness of the clutch pedal now its lovely and smooth!!!

#23 andy.j

andy.j

Zedling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

I think this very uncomman and unheard of for the 370z but my slave master cylinder went the other day and its in the gear box what a pain!!!! all under warrenty but so happy with the softness of the clutch pedal now its lovely and smooth!!!

Glad it's fixed for you mate!

Posted Image

2010 Twilight Grey 370z - My First Z! - Here is how I made it mine

#24 Little Dan

Little Dan

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Cheers andy!!!! Yh car drives so much better nw!....

#25 samsniss350z

samsniss350z

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

Another quick, cheap and easy solution is to buy a tub of Killrock refill, from Wilko, pour some into a container and leave overnight, when you check the container in the morning the crystals will either be swollen up and damp or the container will be full of water. Its amazing how much moisture this stuff sucks up.

#26 ZForce

ZForce

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:56 AM

Some reported issues from the US version models. Not sure if UK models are experiencing this...

1) Poor paint, pitted , well documented on the forums in the US.
2) Creaking from drivers side window - left hand drive ( fix is to have the window regulator replaced under new rev part # and possibly the rubber weather noulding replaced). worked for both of my 370Z's (2009 models).
3) Whining sound from rear differential (replaced with revised diff with cooling fins)
4) Gas Pedal Delay - hesitation at start, car bogs (ongoing issue no fix to date)
5) Stalls out on hard right hand turns if gas tank is below half a tank (no fix to date)
6) Clutch Slave Cylinder failure - loss of clutch pressure with the pedal sticking to the floor. (my master slave cylinder went the other day-replaced under warranty)
7) Driver seat (left hand drive) moving around with aggressive driving
8)

Just to name a few....overall the car is still bullet proof.

Edited by ZForce, 08 December 2012 - 09:00 AM.

• breez105 likes this

#27 Limey

Limey

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:45 AM

Some reported issues from the US version models. Not sure if UK models are experiencing this...

1) Poor paint, pitted , well documented on the forums in the US.
2) Creaking from drivers side window - left hand drive ( fix is to have the window regulator replaced under new rev part # and possibly the rubber weather noulding replaced). worked for both of my 370Z's (2009 models).
3) Whining sound from rear differential (replaced with revised Diff with cooling fins)
4) Gas Pedal Delay - hesitation at start, car bogs (ongoing issue no fix to date)
5) Stalls out on hard right hand turns if gas tank is below half a tank (no fix to date)
6) Clutch Slave Cylinder failure - loss of clutch pressure with the pedal sticking to the floor. (my master slave cylinder went the other day-replaced under warranty)
7) Driver seat (left hand drive) moving around with aggressive driving
8)

Just to name a few....overall the car is still bullet proof.

You would have thought during the last 4 - 5 years they would have fixed this issue. My 2014 base+ sport  cloth seat has same issue, started at 1500 miles, even slow driving the rails are loose and wobble. Up down wobble also present on driver seat ( LHD ). 

I try and stay away from the main dealer as best I can. So currently living with this issue. Also other issue on mine I noticed, the roof headliner on left hand side above door window is not fully joining IE not tucking under the rubber weather seam in a couple of areas.

Edited by Limey, 30 May 2014 - 06:45 AM.

#28 MidnightBlue370Z

MidnightBlue370Z

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 10:08 AM

Did I overlooked the rust issue with the outer door handles?

I can´t imagine that it was´t previously mentioned.

#29 Maddog

Maddog

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:29 PM

I will add here the oil gallery gaskets as fitted to the pre 2012 model , basically the are prone to failure , they were revised and improved by Nissan late in 2011 and fitted to models after this , failure results in low oil pressure , symptoms are poor running at idle on on over run, if in doubt get the oil pressure checked with an external gauge

http://forums.nissan...ts-information/

2007 Gunmetal 350z HR - Sold

2012 Pearl White 370z GT Edition auto - Sold

2012 Pearl White 370z GT Edition auto - Stillen Supercharger, Level 10 transmission , Quaife diff - Sold

#30 Twitch

Twitch

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:26 PM

How about the rear axle click. Getting mine sorted soon hopefully.
79148137-7032-4733-8536-9CE9E3D6148B_zps

Standard 370z GT MY2010