3 replies to this topic

#1 JohnFK

JohnFK

nissansportz Chairman

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,860 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

nissansportz.com is officially recognised by Nissan GB, and members benefit from a mutually rewarding relationship which also keep us fully up to date with developments on their existing sportscar models (370Z & GT-R), as well as other model developments.

Nissan GB understands the importance of ownership experience and the benefit to owners from associating with like minded enthusiasts. We have been working with nissansportz for a number of years as a result of this understanding, and have been able to give club members access to “money can’t buy experiences” at various races & events, as well as ensuring the owners have the latest relevant information for their forum”.

We don't claim to be the only 350Z, 370Z or GT-R club to have these benefits and, unlike some others, acknowledge this shared privilege.
  • Paul_S likes this
62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#2 JohnFK

JohnFK

nissansportz Chairman

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,860 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

Each year we organise our “National” event. In 2011 Nissan GB were kind enough to arrange for us to attend The Britcar 24hr Race, with Exclusive Access, our members being guests of the Britcar 500 club hospitality

This included: Buffet lunch; Evening Finger Buffet; Soft drinks, tea and coffee served throughout the day; Weekend Admission tickets with exclusive Saturday 500 club access; Reserved car parking area; Event Goody bag including programme and radio: Driver Interviews with Q &A; Bookable tours of Race Control; Grandstand seating; Live timing screens and circuit cameras; Pit access and Pre race Grid walk, PLUS we were invited to participate in the parade lap behind the GT-R pace car before the race!

Thirty-two members attended and five pages of photos and comments start here: http://forums.nissan...ge__hl__britcar
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress

#3 JohnFK

JohnFK

nissansportz Chairman

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,860 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:12 AM

During September 2011 we were contacted by Nissan GB with a limited number of invites to a day at Silverstone for a preview of the MY12 GT-R Model.

The event was for selected existing customers and for prospective customers (nominated by their HPC Dealer), and two nissansportz members, myself and Paul_K, were pleased to accept the invitations.

The day was divided into different sessions:
Introduction and Drivers Briefing
Grand Prix Circuit Driving (own, or pre-bookable Nissan, car)
Gymkhana Event (using 370Zs in the Car Park)
GP Circuit Driving with Instructor (Nissan provided GT-R, MY11 or MY12)
Driving Test Comparison of various GT-R Models (including Launches!)
GP Circuit Passenger Rides with one of GP1 drivers Michael Krumm and Jamie Campbell-Walter in GT-R Pace Cars
Presentation of MY12 model by Mizuno-san (and opportunity to meet him and ask questions)

Nissan GB had also arranged for Dunlop to have tyres available with their mobile fitting unit.
All customer cars had a pre- and post-track inspections with gearbox optimisations carried out.

If that hasn’t wetted your appetite, let me say what a brilliant day it was and read more about it here: http://forums.nissan...at-silverstone/

Many thanks to Nissan GB for including nissansportz in this event.
  • paul_k likes this

#4 JohnFK

JohnFK

nissansportz Chairman

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,860 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

Nissan GB very kindly donated an item to the Charity Auction at our Christmas Party in November 2011. One of our members topped the bidding and he will soon be experiencing a very special event:

"The date is a Silverstone Challenge day but we (Nissan GB) will be stealing 2 cars from the event and an instructor to get you out on track.

Timetable for you is as follows:
9.30 –arrival at Silverstone BRDC clubhouse for registration and breakfast
10.00 – tour of Silverstone incorporating the BRDC clubhouse, race control, the new Wing facility and the workshops
12.30 – return to clubhouse and then out on track
12.45 – 1.45 – on track in GT-R and 370Z
During this time you’ll have one to one time with your instructor in both vehicles so be prepared!!
13.45 – return to clubhouse for lunch with your instructor and then depart”

Enjoy!

(Incidentally - Highlights of the Members Christmas Party can be found at: http://forums.nissan...s-and-comments/ )