#1301 David_R

David_R

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 June 2018 - 05:51 PM

Gave the car a quick wash and hope to do some detailing tomorrow. I couldn't resist taking a quick shot as I walked back to the car in the sunshine. It looks dark blue with the reflections.

PS. I washed it at home and not in the car wash ;)

XLwJYVH.jpg

• Dave G, A Pair Of Flabby Wings and Gav C like this
uJIbsrX.jpg?3

#1302 CWM370z

CWM370z

Zedlet

• Committee Member (10)
  • 621 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 08:17 PM

were you also testing rear camera to the last mm?

looks close .

• Chubbs and David_R like this

2016 370z NISMO v2 ebisu black   Nismo shoulder pads, Nismo valve caps.cargo net. Nismo wheel transfers. AAM competition tail pipes .Carbon doorhandle covers.

2014 BLACK NISMO JUKE  black 2-4 switchable wheel drive ,auto,and 6speed selectable gear box,bonnet guard, nismo vale caps,nismo seat belt pads , Rokblokz mud flaps

2004 Black .KURO 350Z,nismo seatbelt pads,35Oz mats, ztax disc holder, garmin satnav.stubby aerial.z frt bumper badge.dealer collector box set of Zs.black led rear lamps.NISMO hightone Z horns.volk gt-c 19"wheels.Toyo proxes t1rs,carbon frt leds,carbon frt air guide panel.NISMO oil cap. gold custom bolts.carbon engine cover,clear rear bumper lights,red harness covering.carbon bonnet lifters.samco set of red hoses,jim wolf air filter and stainless air intake pipe with red hose connections.
 now passed on to matty bacon  

>gallery_245_77_67379.png

#1303 David_R

David_R

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 June 2018 - 08:46 PM

were you also testing rear camera to the last mm?

looks close .

Its funny you mention that as I've parked in that spot several times. Its still further away than I thought relating to the reverse cam.

uJIbsrX.jpg?3

#1304 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,147 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:34 PM

That's a good, neat bit of parking.  I'd be proud of that myself.  :thumbs:

That said, I'd be prouder of the lush-looking Zed even more.

• David_R likes this
2007 350Z - Who needs Blue Planet when you've got a Blue Zed?
2004 Yaris 1.3 - Or a "Blue" Yaris? That still delights after four short years.

#1305 David_R

David_R

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:14 AM

Parking is not so bad in the Z despite maybe one "youtube reviewer" saying its impossible without opening the door. Strange review from start to finish but anyway

I have been meaning to take my Z here for ages. So went and had a look this morning in the hope of taking some shots...

Oh..

It wasn't like that last year...

MXoRLXQ.jpg

• Chubbs and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this
uJIbsrX.jpg?3

#1306 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 15,809 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:31 AM

Parking is not so bad in the Z despite maybe one "youtube reviewer" saying its impossible without opening the door.

Normally, that's exactly what people say just before they scrape their wheel arch on a low brick wall.

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#1307 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,147 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 04:56 PM

And then catch the bottom of their door.  :bang: 

• Chubbs likes this

#1308 ChasGFL

ChasGFL

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 June 2018 - 05:22 PM

Smart Top and camera install part two. 

Had a bit of an exchange with the guys that produce the Smart Top to confirm which wire I should be connecting to as the wires on mine were different colours plus the LHD/RHD issue previously mentioned, but they finally got back to me and confirmed that no matter what the colours I needed to connect to the top right wire.

So today after a lengthy drive in the sun I got down to finishing off the install which, as I'd basically left everything in situ was simply a case of connecting everything back up again and sticking a wire tap on the correct wire and connecting the previously place knuckle-skinning cable. Job done and after getting used to the correct time interval between presses here's a vid of it in action (there really isn't someone hiding in the car operating the top manually):

https://youtu.be/wRhENlt2cLc

As well as the 3 presses on the remote the button in the cockpit is now single touch rather than having to hold it down until it completes. Also you'll notice in the vid the windows shut after the top opens or closes. Before, although the windows would need to open before the roof moved they would never shut afterwards no matter what state they were previously in or even when shutting the roof when you'd probably think more often than not you'd want the windows shut again. Like everything else and a few more other options you can change default behaviour in the settings.

Here's the unit under the cover of the roof compartment. There's a USB cable you can see running up from the unit, This comes out into the pull out storage area behind the drivers seat so you can connect a laptop and fiddle about with the settings.

IMG_20180603_142820.jpg

Also while I had the tools out I decided to move the reversing camera from the right to the left hand side, or at least try, by getting a pull through across first and then if successful I could move the camera across and use the pull through to get the cables back into the boot. I almost gave up but eventually managed, more by luck than judgement, to feed the pull through back up from behind the bumper.

One camera, now installed on the left hand side and sits better than on the right so I won't bother taking a file to the bumper edge.

IMG_20180603_172940.jpg

• Chubbs, Dave G and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

#1309 John_K

John_K

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 672 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:51 PM

dropped her off at the bodyshop for some tlc...

picked her up from the bodyshop...she's now ready for Kimbolton...
  • dj370zNismo, LESmo and Paul_S like this
Black Pearl 2010 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'<br>EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads

#1310 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:57 PM

Ever since I had the car the seat belt never went back properly and you had to feed it back in by hand . I tried washing it etc but no better so yesterday I emptied a can of silicone spray all over the belt and guides and anywhere I could find and at last it returns back properly
  • A Pair Of Flabby Wings and Gav C like this

#1311 Gav C

Gav C

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:14 PM

Ever since I had the car the seat belt never went back properly and you had to feed it back in by hand . I tried washing it etc but no better so yesterday I emptied a can of silicone spray all over the belt and guides and anywhere I could find and at last it returns back properly

Mine suffers the same problem, I`ll give that one a go.

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings and milanored like this
Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev  remap 

#1312 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,147 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:40 PM

Ditto that.  Good shout.

My guide squeaks a bit as well.  I thought I might have to grease her up a bit . . . :D

• milanored likes this