LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,444 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:17 PM

Report from Fox News Sports Website:

nissanpromo.vadapt.955.medium.0.jpg

"A revised launch schedule for Nissan's LMP1 car is in the works, which could include seeing the cutting-edge Nissan GT-R LM NISMO being revealed to a worldwide television audience.

The car, which recently completed a shakedown at Nissan’s North American Technical Center in Stanfield, Ariz., was initially scheduled to be launched on Dec. 8 at an undisclosed location in Florida, followed by a three-day test at Sebring.

However, it’s understood that both the launch and the Sebring test have been pushed back, with a Nissan spokesperson confirming last month that all associated information would not be communicated before the New Year.

recent article by Forbes, however, confirms Nissan will have a presence during the Super Bowl, having purchased a 60-second ad spot for the Feb. 1 event.

The intriguing part about the article is its associated artwork, which shows a Nissan/NISMO-designed racing helmet along with an American football and jersey with the headline “We’re Back – 02.01.2015″

Additionally, Darren Cox, NISMO’s Global Head of Brand, Marketing & Sales, tweeted the image, but provided no further details.

When reached by Sportscar365, a Nissan spokesperson said there’s no news at this stage regarding the launch of the GT-R LM NISMO.

Could Nissan be preparing to unveil its new LMP1 car during America’s most-watched television program?"

• Neutreus likes this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#2 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 2,495 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:20 PM

I've been watching and waiting for news of this and admittedly meant to ask if anybody had heard about it on the forum, but completely forgot :blush2:

I was watching the WEC when Davidson/Buemi clinched the championship and the commentators were talking about the potential return of Nissan to this series next year. Apparently from what they've heard, the engine (or power train/plant as It should probably be called now being a hybrid) and I think they said gearbox, is like nothing else on the grid right now, so there's some excitement to see what the geniuses at Nissan/Nismo have come up with. :notworthy: It certainly has piqued my interest in the endurance series for next year!

And can Audi come up with something to challenge Toyota and Porsche? Although they think next years car is just an iteration of this years so not the jump that they may need.

Damn I hate the winter when there's no motorsport to watch :angry:

• LESmo likes this
2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - Optional extras: Dynamic pack, black styling pack, Audi sound system, cruise control, reversing camera, advanced key, electric folding body coloured mirrors, electrically adjustable lumbar support and non smokers pack.
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition (manual) - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers, Black 'Z' badges, removal of GT Edition stripes - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#3 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,444 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:49 AM

We ran a development engine for NISMO in I think 2005.  One car had a Judd engine and one had a NISMO.  At the time Nissan didn't want to do their testing publicly under their own banner in the early part of development, so they approached privateers who were grateful  to have a power unit and a load of engineers - as well as the odd Factory Driver.  They have been dipping in and out in various guises with LMP1 and LMP2 for nearly 10 years.

Time Nissan put on your big boy trousers and get on the Grid.

Audi - I am afraid to say I have little sympathy for - they have been excellent, they have achieved great thing, but time to end that domination.  Its boring.  More Ex F1 drivers moving to Le Mans Endurance will create a much greater following in the championship.    How long before Audi pull out and we see another brand come in Skoda, or Lamborghini LMP1.  They have done it before when they brought back Bentley for a short time. 

But it would be brilliant to see Nissan back - Which family I wonder, if they have any sense - they will top the NISMO Family with the LMP1 - that will appeal in the forecourts.

• Neutreus likes this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#4 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 2,495 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:52 AM

Agree on the Nismo branding Les for sure.

As to other manufacturers, I used to watch the FIA GT1/GT3 championship a lot (didn't see any of it on the box this year sadly, if it's still going in that same guise of course) but that had Lamborghini's and a few others in it which would be good to see in the WEC.

Re the TV coverage, it's the same with British GT, which I love. Very little coverage and it tends to be condensed to half an hour programmes with very brief highlights and if it's a 2 race weekend, they only show highlights of one of them!). What's happened to the management and the coverage with these series?

2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - Optional extras: Dynamic pack, black styling pack, Audi sound system, cruise control, reversing camera, advanced key, electric folding body coloured mirrors, electrically adjustable lumbar support and non smokers pack.
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition (manual) - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers, Black 'Z' badges, removal of GT Edition stripes - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#5 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,777 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:49 PM

Nissan announced in May there intention to have a LMP1 car at Le Mans in 2015 (Paul_S & I were there). That announcement didn't seem to attract much media attention at the so maybe now is the time they are going to do the reveal....

Le Mans 2015 trip anyone?

• Paul_S and Neutreus like this
62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#6 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,444 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:58 AM

Looks like Lambo are considering a LMP1 car.... So I wonder Audi out and Lambo in?

http://www.foxsports...mfb:fscom:speed

#7 Stuart_J

Stuart_J

Zedling

• User (10)
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:38 AM

Sports car racing is the future.   If a few more "short races could be added that will bring the necessary TV time & raise the sports profile, not for the purist but would IMO be good for the sport

F1 is dying but the races are short enough to capture the attention of Mr Average car lover

Speed is an addiction for which thankfully there is no cure

#8 paul_k

paul_k

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 5,871 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:23 PM

Nissan announced in May there intention to have a LMP1 car at Le Mans in 2015 (Paul_S & I were there). That announcement didn't seem to attract much media attention at the so maybe now is the time they are going to do the reveal....

Le Mans 2015 trip anyone?

Are Nissan doing hospitality for this?
Would be up for this.
2016 GT-R Recaro Black. A younger model is not necessarily better...

No 1 GT-R Black Black from Marshalls. Helmet signed by Mizuno...
Paul_S Reversing Camera - Sold.

Sept 01 2004 Z GT gunmetal Alezan gone but not forgotten

#9 Stuart_J

Stuart_J

Zedling

• User (10)
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:08 AM

Two Words to add

Jensen Button

Rumour mill  is indicating hes looking at sports cars & has had chats with Nissan. Hes out of contract before Christmas, I believe the 19th .

Im still not 101% certain Alonso has signed either.

This is an interesting Interview, sort of feel hes a tadge fed up with it all, nice poke at Ron D

• Paul_S and Neutreus like this
Speed is an addiction for which thankfully there is no cure

#10 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,777 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:09 PM

Is this the first view of the Nissan LMP1 car: http://forums.nissan...ns-with-nissan/

Attached File  NISMO-LMP1.jpg   214.19KB   4 downloads

The Ginetta branding is interesting....

• LESmo likes this
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress

#11 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,444 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:23 PM

It may well be a Ginetta :ph34r: ,  Cushty who sadly passed away this time last year was ex TVR and ex Rollcentre and went over to Ginetta - I would love it if it was.  Fitting tribute and lovely combination.

It looks lovely, very Toyota LMP1.

#12 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,777 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:06 PM

I think it's a more attractive shape than a Formula 1 car (even though I think some of them are beautiful for them it's more the colour scheme than the shape)