13 replies to this topic

#1 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 35,050 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:05 pm

Here is a little guide to show the differences between the 2 reverse camera kits I make for the 370Z.

gallery_245_426_5088.jpg

2009 / 2010 wiring layout

gallery_245_426_81163.jpg

2010+ Connect Premium wiring layout

gallery_245_426_9891.jpg

gallery_245_426_19190.jpg

As for which kit to choose?  You don't have a choice as it depends which Nav unit you have!  :lol:

2009 / 2010 kit available here

2010+ Connect Premium kit available here

Paul :)

• Sharpe, John_K, andy.j and 3 others like this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#2 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 35,050 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:14 pm

FYI - On some of the cameras I supply there is a very subtle protective film over the lens.  It's almost impossible to see (almost like a contact lens).

You should be able to see it in the photo below (note the little clear plastic tab at the 10 o'clock position on the lens):

gallery_245_426_66903.jpg

If this film isn't removed then it's possible dirt and water could get under it and make the image blurry.

It's worth checking your camera just in case :)

#3 bundus

bundus

Zedling

• User (10)
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:58 pm

Nice overview Paul.

Personally I didn't realise how easy this was to fit until I installed mine on my 2009 model.  Even after reading the threads I still wrongly assumed there would be some cutting and splicing of wires etc.  What a pleasure it was to install the kit when all it needed was to plug in a couple of wires.

Im guessing there are some people out there who may be put off doing this as it seems like its "technical" or requires certain expertise BUT i am here to reassure you that this is easier to install then plugging in a dvd player to your TV at home.  Take the boot trim out, plug in 2 wires, put boot trim back.  That's literally it.

Anyone considering fitting this please dont hesitate.  My zed has tinted windows which make reversing it in the dark a nightmare.  With the camera fitted I now look forward to the opportunity to reverse.  This one piece of kit has literally changed the car and Im not over exaggerating!

• Paul_S and John_K like this

#4 Bakseedaa

Bakseedaa

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:16 pm

Hi Paul I already have the connect premium with camera but it is the loom I am interested in. I've ordered the Carbonsignal GTR Guage display which will be using the aux on the connect premium. They have said that using Navtool I would be able to play the video is the gauges but still listen to my audio and wouldn't need to disable the handbrake wire. Is this something that would be possible through your loom?
Thanks Paul

Edited by Bakseedaa, 07 January 2016 - 07:17 pm.

#5 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 35,050 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:55 pm

My DVD Override kit will help in that it will allow you to display the screen (via the Aux socket) when driving.  However, when you select Aux it will switch the audio to Aux too so you won't be able to listen to the radio, CD, etc.

If you had a non-Premium Connect car then my other kit would be perfect, but that doesn't apply to you unfortunately.

Something I could suggest is for a different option where I use the reverse camera signal to display a different input.  It's turned on and off with a switch and allows you to use the stereo for other audio when in use.  The snag is that by default the reverse guide lines are displayed over the image, but you can turn them off in the Connect Premium menus (but then you don't have them for reversing...)

Does the Carbonsignal device only output Composite (CVBS) or there any other outputs (HDMI for example)?

#6 Bakseedaa

Bakseedaa

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:16 pm

I did see something about HDMI but I will need to check on that if I can find it . Thanks for the quick reply Paul I'll let you know

#7 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 35,050 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:24 pm

I did see something about HDMI but I will need to check on that if I can find it . Thanks for the quick reply Paul I'll let you know

If it has HDMI then I might be able to help out.  There is a new product out soon that claims to make this possible, but I can't promise anything because information is sketchy at the moment.

• Bakseedaa likes this

#8 Bakseedaa

Bakseedaa

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:53 pm

Cheers Paul I have found the install instructions which I will try and attach. There are 2 versions of the system. 1 is for people with a nav screen and those without which I think are mainly in the US. And the hdmi is used to link the controller to the screen that they send with one of the kits.

#9 Bakseedaa

Bakseedaa

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:56 pm

Cheers Paul I have found the install instructions which I will try and attach. There are 2 versions of the system. 1 is for people with a nav screen and those without which I think are mainly in the US. And the hdmi is used to link the controller to the screen that they send with one of the kits.

Attached Files

Edited by Bakseedaa, 07 January 2016 - 09:22 pm.

#10 shieldsy101

shieldsy101

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:02 pm

Hi All, First post reverse camera kit looks great PM sent.

• solo413 likes this

#11 Jeff-W

Jeff-W

Events/OCDT

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:11 pm

Welcome to the OC Shieldsy! Come and say Hello in the New Around Here section as this will get lost in the mists of cameras once a few more posts have gone up.

Cheers,

Jeff.
Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.

#12 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,665 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 January 2017 - 06:56 pm

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but there is a significant difference between Paul's kit and the OEM Nissan Reversing Camera...

The Nissan lens gets dirty very quickly, but Paul's doesn't. I know, because I've had both.

The Nissan lens is positioned near the outside of the bumper, but the lens on Paul's kit is further in (unless he's changed cameras since I had mine). I'm forever cleaning my Nissan one.

• Paul_S likes this

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#13 ProfessorZ

ProfessorZ

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:45 pm

Nice overview Paul.

Personally I didn't realise how easy this was to fit until I installed mine on my 2009 model.  Even after reading the threads I still wrongly assumed there would be some cutting and splicing of wires etc.  What a pleasure it was to install the kit when all it needed was to plug in a couple of wires.

Im guessing there are some people out there who may be put off doing this as it seems like its "technical" or requires certain expertise BUT i am here to reassure you that this is easier to install then plugging in a dvd player to your TV at home.  Take the boot trim out, plug in 2 wires, put boot trim back.  That's literally it.

Anyone considering fitting this please dont hesitate.  My zed has tinted windows which make reversing it in the dark a nightmare.  With the camera fitted I now look forward to the opportunity to reverse.  This one piece of kit has literally changed the car and Im not over exaggerating!

I'd rather plug a dvd player into my tv.

I'm glad that Paul_S fitted mine, someone who knows what they are doing. :)

• Paul_S likes this

#14 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 35,050 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:18 pm

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but there is a significant difference between Paul's kit and the OEM Nissan Reversing Camera...

The Nissan lens gets dirty very quickly, but Paul's doesn't. I know, because I've had both.

The Nissan lens is positioned near the outside of the bumper, but the lens on Paul's kit is further in (unless he's changed cameras since I had mine). I'm forever cleaning my Nissan one.

Thanks for that mate, I didn't know that was the case :)

Yes, I still use the same cameras on the 370Z and GT-R.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 370Z, Reverse, Camera, Kit, Loom, Comparison, Differences