#1 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,208 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:25 AM

872c75c7-91cf-492a-bbd4-39eeea8d491c.jpgnissan_strip.jpg  

LE MANS, FRANCE – 11 June 2015: The three Nissan GT-R LM NISMOs finished tonight’s qualifying practice sessions at Le Mans in 12th, 13th and 14th positions in LM P1.  The #22 car was the top finisher in the hands of Harry Tincknell (GB), closely followed by Jann Mardenborough (GB) in the #23 car, which is the second full-time WEC entrant.

The three cars completed over 2,000kms during qualifying at Le Mans, gathering precious data and improving with every lap.

8f3131e2-c7e4-46fd-ae42-158e165c9d82.jpg

“We continue to make progress every time we go out on track,” said Nissan’s LM P1 Technical Director Ben Bowlby. “We’ve gone faster with each session, despite dealing with red flags, slow zones and changeable weather conditions.  We got some good dry running in today though and this has helped us a lot.  Remember that we are tuning the car for Le Mans and developing the car all at the same time.  We’ve got to the end of qualifying with three cars in one piece and a tonne of data so I’m happy with that.”

Harry Tincknell was on an even faster lap at the end of tonight’s final session but had to back off for yellow flags. The British racer was happy to report that many of yesterday’s problems have been solved.

4c150812-f92a-41ee-acfb-d0303dd34d4a.jpg

“Today was much better than yesterday,” he said. “I think I was five seconds faster today so we’re definitely doing something right. The boys were mega tonight as they changed the clutch for me in 30 minutes and in reality that should take an hour. It’s good to be the fastest Nissan and I was up on that final run so we are definitely headed in the right direction. We still have a long way to go but I’m pleased with progress.”

The race team has a full day tomorrow to prepare the cars for the 2015 Le Mans 24 Hours, which gets underway on Saturday at 15:00hrs.

ENDS

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System.

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Check out our -  2014, 2015 & 2016 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#2 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,714 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:38 AM

I think the improvement is quite remarkable - must be making the sceptics have second thoughts.....

• LESmo likes this
62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#3 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,208 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:19 PM

Qualifying and Time sheets are Ego trips.  If its reliable and if it has good pace - it doesn't need to be the fastest to have a good result.  Baring anything major the Porsches have it this year - Audi will likely throw their teddies and bring another one of their brands next year - claiming some historical reason I am sure.  Audi need to lose Le Mans - for Le Mans sake.

I haven't really heard anything about mechanical issues with the LMP1 GTR - so lets hope its as bullet proof as the road cars tend to be.

• dj370zNismo likes this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System.

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#4 Stuart_J

Stuart_J

Zedling

• User (10)
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:19 PM

Looked good in practice last night, weather is currently very changeable with thunder storms , if it has more of the same in the race reliability and staying out if trouble will be essential to win. Loking forward to the race .
Speed is an addiction for which thankfully there is no cure

#5 PaulW

PaulW

Committee Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 7,458 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 03:47 PM

Just thinking about a wet race, Nissan being fwd might be interesting. Although Toyota's 4wd might get more of an advantage.

Le Man gets very slippey in the wet!! 

gallery_245_423_13930.png

#6 paul_k

paul_k

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 07:24 PM

Been keeping an eye on the racing
The Cars were pushed back on the grid to 30 th for not achieving 110% of the fastest qualifier time but we're up to 11th around 2 hours in after someone blew up.
At a quarter of the way through the leading car is now 22nd with the other 2 cars not doing well.
There is some reports of front braking issues.
Let's hope the leading car can at least stay ahead of the First GTE pro car an Aston Martin V8 which is a couple of places behind.
Clearly they are not competitive with the LMP 2 cars but there is some rain forecast overnight which may help.
2016 GT-R Recaro Black. A younger model is not necessarily better...

No 1 GT-R Black Black from Marshalls. Helmet signed by Mizuno...
Paul_S Reversing Camera - Sold.

Sept 01 2004 Z GT gunmetal Alezan gone but not forgotten

#7 paul_k

paul_k

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 04:45 AM

43rd and 45th out of 47 runners with 8 hours 20 to go with one retirement.
Porsche have been at the front for about 5 hours but only 2 minutes seperate the first 3 cars with Audi pushing hard.

The GTR LM Nismo was the fastest car in a straight line during the Test Day – 209 mph Despite being 400hp down so the potential is there.
2016 GT-R Recaro Black. A younger model is not necessarily better...

No 1 GT-R Black Black from Marshalls. Helmet signed by Mizuno...
Paul_S Reversing Camera - Sold.

Sept 01 2004 Z GT gunmetal Alezan gone but not forgotten

#8 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,208 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:55 AM

If they can bring the cars home that will be a success.  That shows the cars are reliable, you can make them faster,  I think they have done a great job, its a new team and a new car, Toyota only had 2 cars and they have been doing it years and Nissan turn up with 3.  Have to say Nissan are not shy of brining their toys to the table.

Audi and Porsche - well they are on a different planet.  There is no way on earth Audi should get away with Crashing a car causing a safety period and getting the car back to the track in 30 seconds.  But hey its never been any different.  Remember the quick change self bleeding brakes. 

They should be proud of what they have done, and from what I have heard they have been very popular in the paddock with the fans.  Audi - tended to be up their own @rses when it came to fans.