38 replies to this topic

#1 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 11,165 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:22 pm

I just looked at Howmanyleft site - which clearly isn't a guarantee to be correct data - but assuming the V1 was up to Q3 in 2014 - there were 97 Nismo's on the road.  Assuming perhaps the odd one was a V2 in that number.  After Q1 in 2015 the number was 164.    So a growth of  67.

I sort of expected the V2 to far out-sell the V1 - but it seems the sales levels are not far off each other.

Interesting. Suggests there are 1892 - 370z's on the Road....  Not sure what the actual number is. 

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start ButtonGT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Posted Image

#2 dj370zNismo

dj370zNismo

Zedling

• Founding Member (10)
  • 2,645 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:43 am

Yes I agree Les. I thought the V2 would out sell the V1. Would there be a 'lag' in the data though?

• LESmo likes this
2013 Storm White 370z Nismo #93
2004 Azure Blue 350Z

#3 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 11,165 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:48 am

Could well be Dave,

The Curve of sales (attached) seems to show a general peak on the V1... with now a decline.  Q1 should include the March sales I would have thought? 

a decline in sales since the V2?..  Of course as you say there may be a load that have not appeared.

Attached Thumbnails

• NismoRegistrations.JPG

• dj370zNismo likes this
Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start ButtonGT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Posted Image

#4 NuffZed

NuffZed

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:24 am

Excuse my ignorance but what are the V1 and V2 versions? Is the V2 the facelifted Nismo with the different front and Recaro seats?

Many thanks!!

• dj370zNismo likes this

#5 dj370zNismo

dj370zNismo

Zedling

• Founding Member (10)
  • 2,645 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:37 am

Excuse my ignorance but what are the V1 and V2 versions? Is the V2 the facelifted Nismo with the different front and Recaro seats?

Many thanks!!

Yep, that's it in a nutshell!!

• LESmo and NuffZed like this
2004 Azure Blue 350Z

#6 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 11,165 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:51 am

As Dave says - V1 - Looks like this (we have a unique numbered plaque - because we are special) :bleh:

In the UK that's 2013 to 2014 (US it was available from 2009) - There may be the odd 2015 - but that would be super rare.

NISSAN-370z-Nismo-4935_5.jpg

Then the new V2

2015-nissan-370z-nismo-inline1-photo-599

Which has a completely different Aero Package, and different seats.  There are a couple of other bits and pieces the suspension was re-tuned slightly.  The later ones have the latest noise generation in the Bose to make the exhaust amplify inside.  Different wheels and the Day Light Running Lights.  The V1 is slightly lower..  hence why the V1 has shipping spacers when it came from Japan.

• dj370zNismo, Paul_S, Jeff-W and 1 other like this

Posted Image

#7 NuffZed

NuffZed

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:54 am

Thanks Lesmo -Both look fab to me!!

Why no unique number plaque on the V2 though - surely there must be a build number somewhere?

Edited by NuffZed, 07 October 2015 - 07:56 am.

• LESmo likes this

#8 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 11,165 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 October 2015 - 08:44 am

Good question.

The unique number of the V1 - was a bit of an odd one, if you look at some of us with V1 we list our Nismo number in our signatures so mine is 229 and Dave is 93.  The UK number is in-fact is for the Europe market not just the UK so you will hear us to refer to around 90 cars in the UK now the GT Academy cars have made their way into the market  - the US market had a 4 digit number sequence partly I guess because they arrived 3 years before the UK and have significantly higher sales.  The original V1 in the States actually was colour coded bumper and wings - the two tone we know and love only appeared in the 2013 (2014 US Market car).  So arguably the US Market is on the 3rd Generation and we are on the second.

I would guess and its only a guess the Nismo was like the 40th Edition and the 350Z GT4 supposed to be a special edition.  What than happened partly due to popularity and desire to extend the 370z life was they face lifted it to become the V2 and it became a main stream model - perhaps that's why they dropped the unique number.  Also costs I suppose. Its a shame but the V2 does have a small nismo plaque near the gear lever which the v1 doesn't have.

• NuffZed likes this

Posted Image

#9 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 11,216 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:26 am

Thanks Lesmo -Both look fab to me!!

Why no unique number plaque on the V2 though - surely there must be a build number somewhere?

I tried collecting the VINs of the 350Z GT4s and the only thing I can say with any certainty is that the UK (and Cyprus) cars were built in two batches. Probably one prior to launch, and then a second when more orders were accumulated. I still doubt that they ever built/sold the 176 that the edition was limited to. (Sorry if this is off topic!)

• LESmo likes this

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

#10 Shenley

Shenley

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:41 am

Are the Nismo sales slowing??
2015:-
Q1 they sold 42.
Q2 they sold 22.
And Q3 they sold ..... 4!
[source "how many left"]
  • dj370zNismo and Jeff-W like this

No longer a 370z Nismo owner.

#11 ajpac

ajpac

Zedling

• User
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:25 am

Still happy with my V2 even if it does not have a special number. :D

• dj370zNismo likes this

Previous 2010 370Z Coupe GT Premium Connect Vibrant Red. My introduction to the world of Zed.

Previous 2014 370Z Nismo v2 Vibrant Red. Sold.

Current Range Rover Evoque Autobiography 2 litre petrol turbo 290bhp.       

#12 dj370zNismo

dj370zNismo

Zedling

• Founding Member (10)
  • 2,645 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:36 am

Still happy with my V2 even if it does not have a special number. :D

.......and so you should be, it is a beautiful car. I was nearly tempted to change mine (for a red one) as Les knows!! 

• LESmo likes this
2004 Azure Blue 350Z

#13 Shenley

Shenley

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:39 am

I can account for a 1/4 of Q3's sales figures.......
  • dj370zNismo, Paul_S and Dynamic Turtle like this

#14 oxfordlad

oxfordlad

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:32 pm

Never found the unique number on my V1 Nismo!!

#15 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 11,165 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:56 pm

Colin - Is it not behind your drivers seat on the back between the two seats?

If not I would get the dealer to sort that out, given it should have one....  Not sure if its anywhere else on the car - I don't think it is.

• dj370zNismo likes this

Posted Image

#16 dj370zNismo

dj370zNismo

Zedling

• Founding Member (10)
  • 2,645 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:13 pm

Never found the unique number on my V1 Nismo!!

As Patrick McGoohan would say in The Prisoner.............

• LESmo and Paul_S like this
2004 Azure Blue 350Z

#17 Dynamic Turtle

Dynamic Turtle

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:14 pm

Bloody woeful sales figures but hardly surprising, part of me feels good about having such a rare car. Second hand prices seem to be defying gravity, albeit probably not due to massive demand!!
  • Paul_S likes this

#18 oxfordlad

oxfordlad

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:32 pm

Colin - Is it not behind your drivers seat on the back between the two seats?

If not I would get the dealer to sort that out, given it should have one....  Not sure if its anywhere else on the car - I don't think it is.

That's where it was on my 40th an 370z, pretty sure I don't have one on my V1.

Doubt I'll be able to get the dealer to sort it out now I've had the car 18+ months

#19 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 11,165 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 January 2016 - 05:48 pm

That's where it was on my 40th an 370z, pretty sure I don't have one on my V1.

Doubt I'll be able to get the dealer to sort it out now I've had the car 18+ months

On the register you have this: 

oxfordlad                          Storm White                315                               2014 (14)

I think at the time we added it your dealer gave you the number - perhaps its somewhere else - but it seems you are 315.....

• Paul_S likes this

Posted Image

#20 Shenley

Shenley

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:19 am

Are the Nismo sales slowing??
2015:-
Q1 they sold 42.
Q2 they sold 22.
And Q3 they sold ..... 4!
[source "how many left"]

Just noticed the reason for the poor figures above. It's in black and white on my V5c.
There is now a new category for the Nismo listed:-

Nissan 370Z GT Nismo V6

This shows 31 sales in Q3, and non prior.
So it wasn't just my dealer that filled in the V5c that way.