73 replies to this topic

#41 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,435 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:59 PM

Shouldn't the second name on yesterday's list be Puddenchucker? A good, steady bloke is Puddenchucker.

The mates I remember well from the old Owners' Club and the first day of the new club are Mark from N. Ireland (3fiddy, who morphed to Mark, then got an EvoX and disappeared), Rich (Captain Caveman, now known as Kwakkers!) and Fireman Steve (Pathfinder/Phoenix). Of course, Mr ?Lucky B*****d, known as FukuFuku, Vixen, Rish, Smoky, Damo, SimonShrek, Seb, Davros, Jazzgirl, Baptits (that well known typo with a 580bhp 350), Britney (who could forget Britney?), Giles, Jez, Doug, Kev, Gaz, eddmac (got a family and a boring car), Gus, - and not forgetting the other Mark, the young guy who set it all up in the first place. Those were the days - Nostalgia Rules! Apologies to anyone I have missed - it's old age, you know.

Those were the days, my friends...

Hookaloogie.jpg

From the 1st Karting meet...

racers.jpg

My only ever brand new car...

OntheTransporter1.jpg

redkiss.gif

• dj370zNismo and LESmo like this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

How to post pics on this forum CLICK HERE

Prospective buyer's/new owners' guide to second-hand 350Zs (includes MY06 & MY07 improvements) - CLICK HERE

All assistance I attempt to give comes with the Murray Walker health warning, "Unless I'm very much mistaken ...I AM very much mistaken!"

'53 plate Gunmetal Grey 350z >>> '56 plate Ebisu Black 350z >>> '10 plate Universal Silver 370z >>> '14 plate Mineral Grey BMW M235i >>> '65 plate Gunmetal 370z

Tokyo Motor Show, October 2017???

#42 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,234 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:27 PM

Wow Chubbs - some of those names I do actually remember - I was sitting quietly at the back those days.  I remember Smoky form St Ives as he was the closest member to me.  Apart from Kym who lived up the road.  I have corrected the name by the way,  it was my fault.  Appologies.

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate)

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Check out our -  2014, 2015 & 2016 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#43 Paul_S

Paul_S

Committee Member and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,677 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:07 PM

Yep some good old names there :thumbs:

The 10yr crest is being awarded to those people who are still here 10yrs later.  No disrespect to those who helped start the club up and those that were active during the time they had their car :)

It's inevitable that some people have drifted away over the years, but it's great to have so many of the originals here still.  I think it's a credit to the club as well as the people themselves.

• Chubbs, dj370zNismo, LESmo and 1 other like this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

Posted Image

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

#44 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,234 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:16 PM

Well said Paul.  I was surprised when I went through the list of those due now or in the near future to be awarded the badge - how many people have been with the club and stay with the club - like Chubbs say how many of us all were pre nissansportz.

Its great that people stay even long after their Nissans may have passed on, and they have moved onto other brands. Everyone continues to be welcome.

• Chubbs and Paul_S like this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate)

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#45 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,677 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:21 PM

I thought I'd just share a little part of my 'Zed Shrine':

gallery_245_77_44816.jpg

Then I realised that this year's Membership card is in the car and not on the shelf :doh:

• dj370zNismo and LESmo like this

Posted Image

#46 dj370zNismo

dj370zNismo

Zedling

• Founding Member (10)
  • 2,431 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 December 2015 - 07:46 AM

Brings back many memories Geoff with that list of names.

Through the club I got friendly with Cheekymonkey and although he never bought a zed, we kept in touch and still meet up for a drink every year now! A couple more names you might remember: Baldieman, Kev946, Pure, BigPhil and and who can forget Afreemason who had a countdown thread going for the delivery of his Sunset for about 6 months!!!

• Chubbs, LESmo and Paul_S like this
2013 Storm White 370z Nismo #93
2004 Azure Blue 350Z

#47 dj370zNismo

dj370zNismo

Zedling

• Founding Member (10)
  • 2,431 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:18 AM

Nearly 12 years of Zed ownership but only 2 cars. Old & new on 27 July 2013IMG_0630.jpg:

IMG_0623.jpg

Still love the azure colour on the 350Z. Looking at what condition it was in - I should have kept it!!

• LESmo and Chilli Red like this
2013 Storm White 370z Nismo #93
2004 Azure Blue 350Z

#48 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,234 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:27 AM

Its so funny Dave.  We both had identical Zeds - down the the White Reflectors (which were an option) on the 350z...  What a great History.   Worth saying also you had the very first 370z Nismo in the Ownersclub.  You are the Founding 370z Nismo Member.

• dj370zNismo and Paul_S like this

#49 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,677 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 December 2015 - 01:02 PM

Its so funny Dave.  We both had identical Zeds - down the the White Reflectors (which were an option) on the 350z...  What a great History.   Worth saying also you had the very first 370z Nismo in the Ownersclub.  You are the Founding 370z Nismo Member.

It's official.  Les is a stalker :lol:

• dj370zNismo, LESmo and Chilli Red like this

Posted Image

#50 Fuku Fuku

Fuku Fuku

Zedling

• Founding Member (10)
  • 8,334 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 12:13 PM

I've met some great friends through nissansportz. I pop in whenever I can but it's not as often as I'd like these days.
The day I won the car.
zcropped.jpg

Diiiiiirrrrrrrrrty.
smallfilthy.jpg

First ever meet.
DSC00552a1.jpg

At the 'ring.
IMG_5934-Version2.jpg

Current ride.
image_zpsktxbidch.jpeg
  • LESmo, Paul_S and Chilli Red like this

#51 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,677 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 December 2015 - 02:00 PM

Nice one Mr. Fuku :)

It's great you are still around.  Hope to see you soon mate (maybe the Leeds Castle meet?) :)

Posted Image

#52 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,234 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 December 2015 - 05:46 PM

How many years did you own the 350z  - I remember it well, Love the Beemer.

#53 Fuku Fuku

Fuku Fuku

Zedling

• Founding Member (10)
  • 8,334 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:15 AM

I collected it on the fifth of May 2005 and had it for about seven years covering 102,000 groin inducing miles.

Collection date is so easy to remember. 05/05/05.
  • Chubbs and LESmo like this

#54 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,435 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 December 2015 - 09:20 PM

I collected it on the fifth of May 2005 and had it for about seven years covering 102,000 groin inducing miles.

Collection date is so easy to remember. 05/05/05.

:rofl:  That gave me a massive groin.

• Fuku Fuku likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

How to post pics on this forum CLICK HERE

Prospective buyer's/new owners' guide to second-hand 350Zs (includes MY06 & MY07 improvements) - CLICK HERE

All assistance I attempt to give comes with the Murray Walker health warning, "Unless I'm very much mistaken ...I AM very much mistaken!"

'53 plate Gunmetal Grey 350z >>> '56 plate Ebisu Black 350z >>> '10 plate Universal Silver 370z >>> '14 plate Mineral Grey BMW M235i >>> '65 plate Gunmetal 370z

Tokyo Motor Show, October 2017???

#55 C130Seb

C130Seb

Zedling

• Founding Member (10)
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:52 PM

Wow, and what a 10 years it has been:

2 Zeds

1 Vauxhall VXR 8

1 Nissan Micra

1 Ford Focus

1 Jaguar XFR-S

1 Skoda Fabia

1 Divorce

1 New House

1 Wedding

5 Run2 Trophies

4 Aircraft type captain qualifications (C-130J Hercules, A400M Atlas, Lancaster B Mk 1, Dakota C Mk 3)

So, the cars:

Old and new Zeds together.

2Zeds1small.jpg

New Zed on Nismo LM-GT4s

Graffiti1.jpg

The VXR8 Bathurst S (and one of the planes).  The VXR8 was number 8 of 17 made!

IMG_0921_zpsb89c3b9b.jpg

The VXR8 Bathurst S (and the planes I don't get my hands on)

IMG_0922_zps0fbab9fd.jpg

And the current car, the Jaguar XFR-S

IMG_4548small_zpsvhzqx5c5.jpg

IMG_4550small_zpszgse79bg.jpg

It's been great.  Membership renewal is a foregone conclusion.  Even though I don't have a Zed, it's the people that make this club - trust me, I've met some people from the other clubs! :)

Seb

• LESmo and Paul_S like this
Posted Image<br /><span style='color: rgb(51,51,255)'>The Zed has gone! After 7 years of 350Z Ownership including having owned 2 of them, I've now got a <del class='bbc'>Vauxhall VXR8 Bathurst S</del> Jaguar<br />(A French Racing Blue XFR-S with 550bhp :) - no string back driving gloves in sight!)<br />The Zed will be missed though - superb car, never missed a beat!<br /><del class='bbc'>Night Blue 350Z GT with Nism<span style='color: rgb(255,0,0)'>o</span> LM GT4 19s</del><br /><del class='bbc'>Invidia GT300 Y-Pipe Back Exhaust System</del><br /><del class='bbc'>East Shore Racing Y-Pipe</del><br /><del class='bbc'>Brembo Drilled Front Discs and Pads</del><br /><del class='bbc'>Stillen Dual Air Intakes</del><br /><del class='bbc'>Spill Grounding Kit</del></span>

#56 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,234 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 December 2015 - 06:05 AM

Wow Seb - thats a hell of a lot to fit in 10 years.  You have had amazing cars.  I have to say I have a special soft spot for the 350's and the Last one in particular.  I love the Jag I have to say.  Did the Zeds came from Cambridge (by the looks of the Photo)? 

Anyway its great that you continue to be here, as you say what makes this place special is the people.  And the people that stay even long after the Zeds have gone.  I too strayed away to another brand car club for a couple of years and its not the same.

#57 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,677 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 December 2015 - 07:31 AM

Nice summary Seb :thumbs:

Here's to the next 10 mate. I wonder what you'll be driving and flying then...

Posted Image

#58 Jeff-W

Jeff-W

OCDT

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:17 PM

Seb, it's great that you have remained with the OC post-Zed - and you have packed such a lot into the last 10 yrs!

I would be delighted to achieve that milestone (the 10 years membership, that is!) and at my current rate I shall be on my 7th Zed by then!! Happy thoughts!

Congratulations to all others whose avatars now bear the 10 YearZ motif. Loyal members, indeed.
Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE.

#59 JohnFK

JohnFK

nissansportz Chairman

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,172 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:39 PM

Thank-you for the congratulations - a very nice idea. I will upfront confess to being a lurker to start with, and taking membership after participating in the club's first visit to CAT Driver Training.

Heres a few pics from my collection. Firstly, from my first trip to the Nordschleife, at Spa with Mr Fuku's freebie NISMO (vs my GT):

2UYRing2006.jpg

Then from the Silverstone Z Anniversary event and featuring 4 of the 5 35th Anniversary (GT4) Ultra Yellow attendees (the fifth one eluded my marshalling efforts!):

4UYSstone1.jpg

MY09 GT-R at Nurburg:

IMG_0794.jpg

MY11 GT-R also there:

IMG_0050.JPG

MY14 GT-R also there:

IMG_0448.JPG

MY15 GT-R 45th Anniversary model with its friend the 35th Anniversary Z ("the Keeper"!)

IMG_0580.JPG

Hope to see you all in 2016

• LESmo likes this
62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#60 paul_k

paul_k

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,810 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 06:59 PM

Great photos john at the ring brings back some great memories.
I'm sure your latest mota will appear in front of the hotel AM Tiergarten soon!
2016 GT-R Recaro Black. A younger model is not necessarily better...

No 1 GT-R Black Black from Marshalls. Helmet signed by Mizuno...
Paul_S Reversing Camera - Sold.

Sept 01 2004 Z GT gunmetal Alezan gone but not forgotten