ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,921 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 December 2015 - 01:43 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35149963

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#2 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,733 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 December 2015 - 01:56 PM

Channel 4 - well they used to run GT on 4 I guess.  The odd Nascar race and some Indy in the past. 

I am afraid I will be routed well and truly into the Sky Coverage.  To be honest with the amount of coverage Sky has in a weekend (Dedicated F1 Channel), showing all practices, Paddock interviews, Team Managers interviews, Driver Interviews, Free Practices, Qualifying, Pre Race, Race, Post Race.... Plus a show virtually every Friday night -  other channels are going to struggle.  Its good for those who don't have Sky - but in all honesty I am afraid they lost most of the best people to Sky a long time ago.  IMHO.

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start ButtonGT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Posted Image

#3 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 2,536 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 December 2015 - 02:04 PM

It's just another reason that leaves me thinking, "why is it I pay a TV licence?". About the only thing I watch on the BBC nowadays is Match of The Day on a Saturday night. And I pay £13ish per month for that? 

2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - Optional extras: Dynamic pack, black styling pack, Audi sound system, cruise control, reversing camera, advanced key, electric folding body coloured mirrors, electrically adjustable lumbar support and non smokers pack.
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition (manual) - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers, Black 'Z' badges, removal of GT Edition stripes - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#4 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,733 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 December 2015 - 02:09 PM

Does the BBC have any Motorpsorts now at all?  Isn't that now it...  They used to show Touring Car, F1, Rally - now I don't think they have anything at all.  Do they have Moto-GP....?  I don't watch Bike Racing perhaps thats what they have...

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start ButtonGT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Posted Image

#5 blobbish

blobbish

Club Secretary

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:52 PM

Im not a lover of the BBC anymore. Its like a tax with not much benefit and as for cost cutting, how about they use the offices for meetings as opposed to booking out hotels.....

Back on track. I'm not sure what they broadcast but I'm getting my fix on motorstv. Enjoy the V8, Lambo and Endurance races they have.

Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

#6 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,485 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:34 PM

I like The Horror Channel.

• Paul_S likes this

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#7 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 2,536 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:32 PM

Does the BBC have any Motorpsorts now at all?  Isn't that now it...  They used to show Touring Car, F1, Rally - now I don't think they have anything at all.  Do they have Moto-GP....?  I don't watch Bike Racing perhaps thats what they have...

No they don't Les. Moto GP is on BT Sport nowadays. .

2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - Optional extras: Dynamic pack, black styling pack, Audi sound system, cruise control, reversing camera, advanced key, electric folding body coloured mirrors, electrically adjustable lumbar support and non smokers pack.
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition (manual) - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers, Black 'Z' badges, removal of GT Edition stripes - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#8 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,921 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:58 PM

Wonder who the C4 team will be?
Probably frees up Suzy Perry for Top Gear?
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress

#9 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 2,536 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:34 PM

I dread to think John. I might actually have to fork out for Sky Sports again next year.However, I'm in a quandary because it will be £32.50 per month to upgrade and that doesn't sit well with my 'value for money' sense given the current state of F1. Hmmmm. Will watch this space with interest.

#10 Alex_C

Alex_C

Zedling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:45 PM

Can't say I'm surprised...I would imagine viewing figures have tumbled over the last few years even with Lewis on his winning streak. I think it might be time for me to finally take the plunge and get sky sports (always been against it because of the cost) as there is less and less of the good stuff on terestrial telly.

• Neutreus likes this
2016 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate - Daily commuting tardis!
2016 Nissan Squishsquash -  The economical runabout!
1965 VW Beetle - (Very) Long-term Project Car!
2007 Audi RS4 Avant - 400hp load lugger!
2004 Nissan 350z - How can I squeeze another car on my driveway?!

#11 John_K

John_K

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 786 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:47 PM

you don't have to pay for Sky Sports to get Sky F1...it is part of the Sky HD package (which is a lot cheaper)
  • Alex_C and Dynamic Turtle like this
Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'
EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'

#12 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 2,536 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:50 PM

you don't have to pay for Sky Sports to get Sky F1...it is part of the Sky HD package (which is a lot cheaper)

Depends if you have Sky John. Sadly I have Virgin and the only way I can get F1 is through the Sky Sports package at £32.50 per month! (May have to consider changing to Sky but the broadband is nowhere near as good)

#13 John_K

John_K

Zedlet

• Moderators
  • 786 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:54 PM

Depends if you have Sky John. Sadly I have Virgin and the only way I can get F1 is through the Sky Sports package at £32.50 per month! (May have to consider changing to Sky but the broadband is nowhere near as good)

good point - sorry, I read it as if you had Sky already.

It's amazing what deals you can do with both of them if you threaten to leave and go to the other...
  • Neutreus likes this
Black Pearl 2010 (60) 370Z Auto GT Pack Connect Premium - 'Cool Dad'
EBC Ultimax (slotted) front discs and Ferodo DS2500 front pads
- auf wiedersehen pet
Storm White 2014 (64) 370Z Nismo #376 - the new 'Cool Dad'

#14 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 2,536 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 December 2015 - 05:30 PM

Very true. Might have to see if I can get them to reduce my bill by, say about £32.50 per month  B)

• John_K likes this

#15 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,782 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 December 2015 - 10:06 PM

It makes me sad when the Beeb lose coverage of anything like that, whether I watch it or not.

Then it makes me angry when they pay news reporters and an outside broadcast team to beam a live piece in the news when it's totally irrelevant - like standing outside No. 10 late at night when the news happened at lunch time.

They need to cut their costs but it strikes me they are just culling things with the biggest numbers on a spreadsheet rather than thinking it through properly.

• Chubbs likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#16 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 2,536 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 December 2015 - 08:50 AM

It makes me sad when the Beeb lose coverage of anything like that, whether I watch it or not.

Then it makes me angry when they pay news reporters and an outside broadcast team to beam a live piece in the news when it's totally irrelevant - like standing outside No. 10 late at night when the news happened at lunch time.

They need to cut their costs but it strikes me they are just culling things with the biggest numbers on a spreadsheet rather than thinking it through properly.

You just hit the nail on the head for me Paul, I couldn't agree more.

#17 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,921 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:12 PM

I'm warming to the Motors channel (Freeview 71). Had a great report on last night on the Rally of the Tests. Classic 60s and 70s Rally Cars doing a mix of on-road regularity sections and non-public road stages. And most of the route was secret until just before start so almost "plot'n'bash" - really took me back.

Worst moment was the Dutch 240Z owner who filled his car with diesel instead of petrol. Looked a lovely car, and there was glimpse of another 240Z with matt black bonnet as per traditional Safari livery.....

Shame a Porsche won but at least it wasn't one of the 911s!

#18 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,485 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 December 2015 - 02:17 AM

Totally agree Paul - The BBC is the most bloated public service we have. They could easily have saved the cost of paying for F1 (and other major sporting events) by managing the corporation properly ...and getting rid of Nigella Lawson.

They receive £5.1 billion a year - surely they could give us a bit of F1?

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#19 Dynamic Turtle

Dynamic Turtle

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:10 AM

Neutreus sky broadband is s***e andand extra £400 a year to watch F1 is ridiculous. I'd rather spend that on actually going to watch it at Silverstone or Spa.
  • Chubbs, Paul_S and Neutreus like this

#20 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 2,536 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:59 AM

Hopefully some good news folks, for those without Sky Sports or HD that is, apparently Ch4 won the bid from ITV because they will be showing the races WITHOUT adverts. ITV didn't want to do that so lost out. CH4 are also going to be showing highlights of practice sessions etc to. Just wondering who the commentators are likely to be now!

• Paul_S and Sharpe like this