e44d4ebb-1775-4aab-bc80-9b0df55827df.jpg

3480fe6a-916b-484f-bd89-edf4331945d6.jpg

30th March 2016

NISMO NEWSFLASH: Introducing the new MY17 GT-R

• Biggest exterior design change since launch
  • Horsepower and torque increased - 570PS and 637Nm of torque
  • New 20-inch Y-spoke forged aluminium wheels
  • Titanium exhaust with open valve system and Active Sound Enhancement
  • New larger 8-inch touchscreen multi-function display with rotary control on centre console
  • Latest generation NissanConnect system 
  • New exterior and interior colour options
  • Enhanced aerodynamics with greater downforce
  • The most comfortable and refined GT-R yet

Dear Owner's Clubs,

Nissan unveiled the new Nissan MY17 GT-R last week, making its world debut at the New York Motor Show. Highlights include an exciting new look inside and out, as well as driving performance gains and enhancements to key specification features. 

Product Changes

Performance and Handling
The MY17 GT-R's legendary 3.8-litre twin-turbo V6 now produces 570PS and 637Nm of torque, an increase of 20PS and 5Nm over the outgoing model. The improved output, which are the result of individual ignition-timing control of the cylinders and extra boost from the turbochargers, allows the new GT-R to accelerate better in the mid- to high-rev range. The MY17 GT-R's more rigid body structure results in better stability and higher overall cornering speed.

a9f8ff85-5d75-4782-abf2-9b21baaa5fc9.jpg

Technology
The technology suite in the car has been completely renewed. The latest generation NissanConnect satellite navigation and entertainment system has been introduced, used through a new 8-inch touchscreen monitor, enlarged from 7 inches on the previous generation GT-R. 

A new Display Command with a rotary control on the carbon-fibre centre console allows easier operation for the driver without having to reach out for the touchscreen. DAB digital radio and front and rear parking sensors are all now standard on the MY17 GT-R.

387f5f8c-4eed-4aeb-b228-96846a6ccf13.jpg

Interior
The entire dashboard and instrument panel are new and covered with high-quality leather. The centre dashboard layout has also been improved and simplified, reducing the number of switches from 27 in the MY16 GT-R to only 11 in the MY17 GT-R. The paddle shifts are now mounted to the new steering wheel, allowing drivers to change gears in mid-turn without having to take their hands off the wheel.

The MY17 GT-R is the most comfortable and refined GT-R yet, making the car perfect for long distance cruising as well as on-track performance. A smoother transmission, an acoustic glass windscreen and improved sound deadening materials make the cabin quieter and more refined. 

9a32184c-4c2f-4268-868b-c8a073f221c2.jpg

Exterior
The most striking change to the new MY17 GT-R is to the front end. The “V-motion” grille, representing one of Nissan’s latest design signatures, has been enlarged to provide better engine cooling. The front bumper and lip spoiler have also been redesigned to improve downforce.

The side sills have been widened to improve airflow around the side of the car and prevent air from being draw under the floor.

The GT-R’s hallmark four-ring rear lights remain, but are set into wider rear bodywork that not only provide a more aggressive look, but also help reduce drag while retaining the same amount of downforce to keep the car stable at high speeds.

All these exterior changes combine to produce more downforce than on the outgoing model whilst not increasing drag.

Finally, the MY17 GT-R is fitted with a brand new 20-inch Y-spoke forged aluminium wheel design.

b2f69e8d-b6a1-4ea6-9967-ac644ca7695e.jpg

Exhaust System
The MY17 GT-R is fitted with the Titanium exhaust that was developed for the GT-R NISMO, which saves weight. The exhaust has been redesigned and fitted with a driver-activated Open Value system which keeps the engine quiet at low speed and increases the volume of the engine when wanted. In addition, Active Sound Enhancement has also been introduced on the MY17 GT-R, which further enhances the engine's sound whilst cutting out unwanted noise.  

59bf4171-640c-458f-ab9a-5bcb5fe04691.jpg

Interior Grade Options

The MY17 GT-R is available in three interior grades: Pure, Recaro and Prestige.

The entry level Pure grade features black cloth and Alcantara seats. The Recaro grade features black and red Recaro sports seats and a matching interior. The Prestige grade features a high quality leather interior and is available in four different colours: Black, Tan (new for MY17 GT-R), Ivory and Red.

Colour Options

The MY17 GT-R features a brand new Special Paint colour option - Katsura Orange. In addition to this, Storm White, Pearl Black, Gun Metallic, Daytona Blue, Ultimate Silver and Vibrant Red are also available. 

Ordering and Availability

The MY17 GT-R will be opened to pre-ordering shortly, with the first vehicles available from September 2016. 

If you have any further questions, please call 01923 899841, or e-mail nismo@nissan.co.uk.  

Kind Regards,
The NMGB Sports Team.

a484633b-cf17-41f2-806b-3159394faabb.jpga484633b-cf17-41f2-806b-3159394faabb.jpg

02d82f47-7d88-47b0-9d4f-6cdc3c2a0801.jpg

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate)

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Check out our -  2014, 2015 & 2016 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe