10 replies to this topic

#1 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,208 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:49 AM

So this weekend is the Indy GP - the start of the series of events at Indy in May.  Culminating in the 100th running of the Indy 500.  The road course unlike say Rockingham in the UK goes in reverse of the Super-speedway for this race.  Rockingham and Daytona follow the same direction as the high speed oval.

Here are a few Laps with Honda Driver Graham Rahal.  Let the racing begin.

This race will be shown on BT Sport/ESPN tonight at 8:30pm on Sky Channel 426

This thread will be kept updated through the Month of May and will conclude with photo's and reports from the Circuit as we head over State side for this iconic race.

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System.

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Check out our -  2014, 2015 & 2016 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#2 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,208 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:55 AM

Pole lap from Simon Pagenaud

Attached are the Qaulifying times for todays race.  Max Chilton is 11th.  Juan Pablo Montoya starts 6th. 

Attached Files

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System.

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#3 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,208 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:36 PM

Live 500 Practice on now.

#4 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,208 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:28 PM

Today was the first day at the Indy Circuit.  The pre-cursor to the main event tomorrow, Legends Day, arriving at 7am at the car parks - the Gates opened at 8am and immediately the queuing started for the day.  First a queue for the Drivers autographs, then another queue for the Indy Legends and then finally a queue for the Museum.  It was packed today and no idea what tomorrow will bring.  Either way as we are just about 100 miles from the track the alarm is set for 3:30am and we plan to leave at 4:00am - the car parks open at 5am, so we hope to be there as early as the traffic will allow.

I finally after 5 Nascar races - met Juan Pablo Montoya, Caroline met Max Chilton and he seemed genuinely very pleased some Brits had come over, I think in all we met 12 drivers either current of legends.  So a good day.  A bit of shopping to make sure we have our 100 Merchandise and then back to the Hotel.  Oh and we ended up bumping into a guy we talked to at the Formula-E race in London last Summer.  What is the chance of that - all those people and the same queue just one person back?  So I am thinking now is the time for Lottery Tickets.

Anyway it was a good day.  I have attached a Gallery of pictures for today.  Which gives you a feel of what it’s like at a Legends Day.

DSC04139
Album: Indy 500 - Legends Day
59 images
0 comments

If it doesn't work the link is Here

• solo413 likes this

#5 Cazza

Cazza

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:21 AM

Now Brits always think we have masted the art of queuing but we found yesterday that autograph hunting queuing at Legends day is a kind of sport!

People had all kinds of things they wanted signing from model cars to photo albums and very large pictures protected in cardboard - here was a form of weight lifting.

Then the tactical bit to get the most we found you have to split up so we each would take a queue but one family had it down to an art; grandma, mom and 4 kids with 2 model cars used phones to coordinate who was furthest down the queue to get the cars done and photos with the drivers done with the kids darting between each line - I've seen less tactics and movement on a football field.

It was an interesting event to be part of and we met and talked to some great people but today I plan to sit in my seat and watch professional sportsmen and women and their cars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • solo413 likes this

#6 solo413

solo413

US member

• User
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 09:15 AM

Sounds like a good day LESmo!!! I can't get the pics to work on my phone but I'll try them on my computer tomorrow. Have a great time!
  • LESmo likes this

#7 djtimodj

djtimodj

Zedling

• User (10)
  • 5,003 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:46 PM

My mate Ollie is presenting on this today :) Want to watch but I'm in work :( 

• LESmo likes this
<p class="bbc_center">Posted Image</p>
<p class="bbc_center"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong><a class='bbc_url' href='http://forums.nissan...=23775&hl='>THE MILLENIUM FALCON BUILD</a></strong></span></p>
<p class="bbc_center"> </p>
<p class="bbc_center"><a class='bbc_url' href='https://www.youtube....aqQ5o'>0-171MPH RUN</a></p>
<p class="bbc_center"> </p>
<p class="bbc_center"><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.youtube.c...eature=mhee'>My You<span style="color:#FF0000;">Tube</span> Channel</a>

#8 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,208 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:08 AM

I will write a full report as soon as I can on Indy,  But in brief.  We left the Hotel at 3am and sat in a queue 3 blocks from the Circuit for about an hour, so we were glad we headed off early.

As a Bucket list event - it didn't fail to deliver.  

Here are some pictures,  We didn't bother with pictures of the race as we were there to watch it.  But here are some pictures of the warm up events.  More complete report to follow. 

DSC04195
Album: 100th Running of Indy 500
48 images
0 comments

• 350zealous and solo413 like this

#9 350zealous

350zealous

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 03:08 AM

Can't enjoy the race through a phone/camera screen! Glad it delivered for you

#10 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,208 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 May 2016 - 09:53 AM

2016_i500_alexanderrossivcmilk_1600x800.

Alexander Rossi Wins the 100th Running of the Indy 500 presented by PennGrade Motor Oil

May 29, 2016 | By IMS

Alexander Rossi needed a splash of gas to get to Victory Circle at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. He’ll never be happier to have an unscheduled pit stop.

The rookie won the historic 100th Running of the Indianapolis 500 presented by PennGrade Motor Oil and his first Verizon IndyCar Series race with an improbable run to the finish on a rapidly vanishing fuel load, turning a final lap of 179.784 mph in the No. 98 NAPA Auto Parts/Curb Honda for Andretti Herta Autosport with Curb-Agajanian.

View 100th Indy 500 Race Results

He won by 4.4975 seconds over Andretti Autosport teammate Carlos Munoz (whose last lap was 218.789 mph), taking the checkered flag on the 36th lap after his last pit stop. The usual fuel window for Honda engines is about 32 laps.

“I have no idea how we pulled that off. We ran out in Turn 4 (at the end) and we were clutching it and coasting down the back straight,” Rossi said. “Ryan (Hunter-Reay, a fellow Andretti teammate) was unbelievable in helping me get to the finish. He was giving me a tow at the end and it’s an amazing result for Andretti Autosport.

“I am just so thankful to do this on the 100th Running.”

Josef Newgarden finished third, 2013 Indy 500 champion Tony Kanaan was fourth and Charlie Kimball was fifth in a race that treated the sold-out crowd to 54 lead changes, the second-most in “500” history behind the 2013 race, which had 68 lead changes.

Rossi, a 24-year-old Indianapolis resident who raced in Formula One last year before coming to the Verizon IndyCar Series, became the 10th rookie to win “The Greatest Spectacle in Racing” and the first since Helio Castroneves in 2001. He’s the first American rookie winner since Louis Meyer in 1928.

Also, Ray Harroun won the first Indy 500 in 1911 when everyone in the field was a rookie, Graham Hill won the 50th race in 1966 as a rookie and now the 100th Running belongs to a rookie.

Rossi got a splash of gas from the Holmatro Safety Team after running dry on his cooldown lap, allowing him to get to Victory Circle under his own power to drink the victor’s milk and celebrate with co-owners Michael Andretti and Bryan Herta.

The win was Andretti’s fourth as an owner in the “500,” moving him to fourth all-time behind Roger Penske (16 wins), Lou Moore (five) and Chip Ganassi (five).

Herta scored his second win as an owner, the first coming in 2011 with the late Dan Wheldon. In Sunday’s pre-race ceremonies for the 100th, Herta drove Wheldon’s winning Dallara/Honda.

“This is unbelievable,” Herta said. “Man, it was so close at the end. For a rookie to drive with the poise he did in such a tough situation … I was telling him, ‘don’t let anyone pass you, but save fuel’ – and he did it.”

Kanaan led 19 laps in his fourth-place effort and moved to second all-time in Indy 500s led with 12, one behind A.J. Foyt. Three-time champion Helio Castroneves, who finished 11th, led 24 laps to move into a tie for third with leads in 11 different races. Four-time champion Al Unser and 1969 champion Mario Andretti have also led in 11 different years.

Juan Pablo Montoya, the 2015 champion, finished 33rd after a Lap 64 crash. He became the third winner to finish 33rd the following year, along with Jimmy Bryan in 1959 and Johnny Rutherford in 1977.

• solo413 likes this

#11 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,208 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 May 2016 - 09:25 PM