22 replies to this topic

#1 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 11,079 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:43 AM

Ok its nearly 3 years and I finally had to do it.   I am brave enough I think to do this or keep it until I come to an event when someone can help. 

I have bought this:

https://www.torqen.u...8474-6ga0d.html

From one of our traders.  I like the idea of changing the surround as well as the button.

Will post up pictures after its installed.

• dj370zNismo, Paul_S and TORQEN like this
Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start ButtonGT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Posted Image

#2 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,588 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:49 AM

Finally Les! :lol:

It's a simple but really nice mod.  You'll see the difference in quality of the buttons when the new one arrives.  You'll appreciate the red one every day :)

If you're not feeling brave then I'll happily help fit it, but I'm sure you'll be fine.

I've not seen the red ring before.  I think it would suit your car, but I probably wouldn't put it on mine.

• LESmo likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#3 Jbrougham

Jbrougham

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:50 AM

Les I done mine and it's really easy all you need is a plastic trim tool. 5 min and I also done the red surround

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • LESmo likes this

#4 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 11,079 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:56 AM

Cheers Guys - I think I have some tools from fitting the Nismo Carbon Side Entry Guards.  I will go and take a look.  I must admit the Red surround was a bonus. 

If I start and don't feel like it I will stop - but I did the LED Light modules and from the excellent instructions on here - I think its just unplug and plug back together again.  But if I chicken out I will keep it for a event.  Likely Leeds Castle...  :wiggle:

• Paul_S likes this
Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start ButtonGT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Posted Image

#5 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,588 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:15 AM

Don't worry, I've a few spares if it all goes horribly wrong!

20161203_101341.jpg

• LESmo likes this

#6 Jbrougham

Jbrougham

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:42 PM

Mine in place

30b6c21bb0290f5b75845f22fe7b74b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• dj370zNismo, LESmo, Paul_S and 1 other like this

#7 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 11,079 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:50 PM

That looks a million times better.  Should have had it in the first place. 

• Jbrougham likes this

Posted Image

#8 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,588 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 December 2016 - 04:58 PM

I'll show you my button too, just because :lol:

gallery_245_77_48456.jpg

The two side by side:

gallery_245_77_18489.jpg

:)

#9 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:19 PM

One of the best (and easiest) mods I did to my '70.
So much more satisfying than the stock button :D
  • Paul_S likes this

#10 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,588 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:35 PM

Everyone needs a little bit of GT-R in their life!

• Chilli Red likes this

#11 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,645 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:24 PM

Must be good for 10+bhp.

• dj370zNismo and Chilli Red like this

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#12 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,588 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:25 PM

Must be good for 10+bhp.

I lie and quote it as 12 more ;)

• Chubbs likes this

#13 Sarg

Sarg

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:45 AM

Sorry to be a pain could you put up a night shot please

#14 Kev T

Kev T

Zedling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:02 AM

To start use a plastic screwdriver to pop the whole button out like this. You will hear a click dont worry.

DSCF2091_zps6e67ff19.jpg
( this is the tool i used to remove the original button )

DSCF2088_zps09c4605b.jpg

DSCF2090_zps1604799f.jpg

After you pop it out, disconnect the plug.

DSCF2089_zps134778ce.jpg

DSCF2092_zpse5b808f1.jpg

Lastly just push the side of the button and push it upward to take the original start button out. Than reinsert the RED GTR BUTTON!

FINALLY simply reconnect the plug and push the buttons back in place and ohhhh yeahhhh ughdance.gif there you go the red button!

• LESmo likes this

#15 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 11,079 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:09 AM

Cheers Kev T great instructions.  I do have one of those plastic tools from when I did the Carbon Door Guards, Even I must be able to do this.  Its my Christmas Present from my wife so I will have to wait until Christmas to fit it.

Posted Image

#16 Dynamic Turtle

Dynamic Turtle

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:48 PM

Wins most pointless mod ever award??

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

#17 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,588 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:23 PM

How come? I don't like all mods either but if it gives pleasure to the person who's done it then no harms done :)
  • LESmo likes this

#18 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,645 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:24 PM

Wins most pointless mod ever award??

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Nah. I've done plenty more pointless mods than this one. Bought a small metal Z pin off ebay once, sawed the pin off it and glued the Z to the gear surround on my 350z, just above the stick. Looked lovely.

Even worse than that - I painted silver enamel on the Z's in the door panel air outlets. You could never see them :)

This could form the basis of a good thread - thanks DT.

• LESmo, Paul_S and Chilli Red like this

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#19 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 11,079 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:40 AM

My Wife said if thats what you want and makes you happy.

I love the Zed its a car you can keep doing bits too from the day you buy it to the day you wave goodbye.  From Large projects we have seen here with Turbo's and alike to stickers - it just allows people to make it the way they want.  Their car.  No two really are alike for very long. 

I guess if it was such a bad idea - Nissan wouldn't have bothered with it on the V2 Nismo...... oh yes they did....  :bleh:

• dj370zNismo, Chilli Red, mattross1313 and 1 other like this

Posted Image

#20 TORQEN

TORQEN

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:59 AM

Tracking says it has been delivered :) 

Thanks for your order, Les!

• LESmo likes this
Posted Image

WEB SHOP:
http://www.torqen.uk
We're available via email at sales@torqen.uk or via telephone/text/iMessage/WhatsApp/Viber on 075 99 13 99 99.

PRICE MATCH:
We operate a Price Match policy, please don't be afraid to use the feature present throughout our webshop
SUPPORT:
Not sure if a product or package is right for you? Please don't be afraid to ask, PM us and we'll do our best to help you in the shortest possible time.
ABOUT US:
Find out more about us HERE.