#121 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,097 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 September 2018 - 06:02 AM

Wow again!!!!

She looks soooo beautiful in that lovely metallic blue colour (I love that colour). You're making an amazing job of it - well done for bringing a beautiful car back to life. You're a hero! Got to get ready for work now, but I'm looking forward to a relaxed, proper read this evening.

Thank you so much for posting all this.

• _BR1TT0N_ likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#122 dj370zNismo

dj370zNismo

Zedling

• Members (10)
  • 2,553 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 September 2018 - 06:25 AM

That's looking fantastic and I am loving the colour too! 

Personally though, i just think you like showing off your artificial grass!!   :D

Looking for ward to the  next installment!

• _BR1TT0N_ likes this
2013 Storm White 370z Nismo #93
2004 Azure Blue 350Z

#123 _BR1TT0N_

_BR1TT0N_

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 07:08 AM

Wow again!!!!

She looks soooo beautiful in that lovely metallic blue colour (I love that colour). You're making an amazing job of it - well done for bringing a beautiful car back to life. You're a hero! Got to get ready for work now, but I'm looking forward to a relaxed, proper read this evening.

Thank you so much for posting all this.

Thanks so much for the kind words Chubbs! :) I know some people wont be keen on what I have done and some people will like it but I really believe you have to build the car to how you really want it. Thanks again :)
  • Chubbs likes this

#124 _BR1TT0N_

_BR1TT0N_

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 07:10 AM

That's looking fantastic and I am loving the colour too! 

Personally though, i just think you like showing off your artificial grass!!   :D

Looking for ward to the  next installment!

Thanks dj370znismo :) haha yeah and I find that artificial grass is so easy when you need to wash away the dust after caking it! Lol
  • dj370zNismo likes this

#125 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 10:19 AM

This is an impressive build! The colour really works well, can't wait to see the new rims!

• Chubbs and _BR1TT0N_ like this

#126 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 306 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 12:08 PM

As per other posts, thanks for the update.  Your Z is looking awesome!  :clap:  Love the colour and what you are doing.

Whilst I am sure it is a load of work and sometimes (a lot of the time?!?) a headache, ultimately it must be satisfying to do what you are doing.  It will feel pretty special when you're out and about and get asked about it.  You can puff your chest out and say "I did it".  Perfect.  :D

• Chubbs, dj370zNismo, Paul_S and 2 others like this

#127 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,111 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 September 2018 - 06:32 PM

Very impressive :clap:

What did you use on those rear lights?  They look as good as new!

Did the rear suspension turrets have the additional strengthening when you got the car, or did you add that yourself?

I've not seen that replacement fuse box before.  I might look into that :)

• _BR1TT0N_ likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#128 _BR1TT0N_

_BR1TT0N_

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:12 PM

This is an impressive build! The colour really works well, can't wait to see the new rims!

Thanks Mattross1313, 2 weeks and should have the wheels :)

#129 _BR1TT0N_

_BR1TT0N_

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:13 PM

As per other posts, thanks for the update.  Your Z is looking awesome!  :clap:  Love the colour and what you are doing.

Whilst I am sure it is a load of work and sometimes (a lot of the time?!?) a headache, ultimately it must be satisfying to do what you are doing.  It will feel pretty special when you're out and about and get asked about it.  You can puff your chest out and say "I did it".  Perfect.  :D

Thanks for the kind comments Dave G ! :)

And yes a serious headache many many too many times haha but a real good sense of achievement so far :)
  • Dave G likes this

#130 _BR1TT0N_

_BR1TT0N_

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:17 PM

Very impressive :clap:

What did you use on those rear lights?  They look as good as new!

Did the rear suspension turrets have the additional strengthening when you got the car, or did you add that yourself?

I've not seen that replacement fuse box before.  I might look into that :)

Thanks Paul S, for the lights, I just used a a blade to get the old silicon off, then cleaned them up with some t cut like stuff both inside and out and yeah they came up a lot better than what they were before :)

What do you mean additional strengthening Paul? You may have noticed something I havent lol

The fuse box is amazing! It was literally plug and play, as in that plug and play it was installed within 2 minutes. Also irons out a lot of the typical electrical issues. There are 2 types depending on the fuse box you have in your Z, I short pig tail Iran long pig tail fuse box

#131 _BR1TT0N_

_BR1TT0N_

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:21 PM

So this evening, I spent some time changing the gear box oil and the diff oil. Put some nice fresh oil in as I havent got round to that since owning her.
932FF59E-B6B7-4085-8318-48F6F2A7E4B3.jpg
8397D5CC-DFB5-4A72-BD61-1CD1F55817FA.jpg

And also, until I make up my mind what exhaust I want, I chopped the silly can off the back to make it more subtle for now :)
85AFCB07-9A67-49D4-8E48-1A98C70C681F.jpg
1A61B6D2-23E3-4CBD-BD8D-5C70F44C341B.jpg

F5A120B7-A7D9-46E9-ADF0-5ADE70FAF5F1.jpg
7F6C9947-02B1-409C-8A34-C2D69D75E310.jpg
  • Chubbs and ChasGFL like this

#132 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,111 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 September 2018 - 06:14 AM

Nice workshop!!

I am still to change the gearbox oil in mine and I was contemplating doing that this weekend.  I will be laying on my back under the car to do it though! :lol:

These are the strengthening parts I was referring to (circled in red):

240Z Additional Strengthening.png

Great progress again, and I see you're tackling the exhaust pipe too :)

• _BR1TT0N_ likes this

#133 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,111 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 September 2018 - 06:15 AM

Actually, now I look again there are also holes in the floor between that and the turrets.  Do you think the car had a roll cage fitted at some time in its past?

I will check mine, but I don't think I have those holes either.

• _BR1TT0N_ likes this

#134 _BR1TT0N_

_BR1TT0N_

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:29 AM

Actually, now I look again there are also holes in the floor between that and the turrets.  Do you think the car had a roll cage fitted at some time in its past?

I will check mine, but I don't think I have those holes either.

Hi Paul, just been looking into it. It seems pretty standard to have these bars. If you google 240z boot you will see all of the interiors have these bars in them but hidden by vinyl usually. Also the holes have 2 bolts in which I believe connect to the subframe.

What does your boot look like?

Also the workshop isnt mine haha (I wish!) its a local garage who has taught me all the mechanics so was round there last night.

#135 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,111 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 September 2018 - 06:48 PM

Hi Paul, just been looking into it. It seems pretty standard to have these bars. If you google 240z boot you will see all of the interiors have these bars in them but hidden by vinyl usually. Also the holes have 2 bolts in which I believe connect to the subframe.

What does your boot look like?

Also the workshop isnt mine haha (I wish!) its a local garage who has taught me all the mechanics so was round there last night.

I checked and you are right - mine does have them but hidden within the strut housing.

Fair play to you mate, I wish I had a friendly garage who let me use their ramps.  I imagine the owner must have a real interest in your restoration :)

• dj370zNismo and _BR1TT0N_ like this

#136 _BR1TT0N_

_BR1TT0N_

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:06 PM

So Saturday night I took her out for the first time for a proper run. She did really well and drove great! I have one issue which happened on way home and it seems the car is getting to much fuel. The accelerator feels like it loses power and is very hesitant when accelerating (sometimes) not always. Also a really strong smell of petrol and some black up the back of the bumper makes me think its overfueling. Thinking its the carbs but dont know where to start at this point. Will be another learning curve for me and any suggestions are appreciated :)
  • dj370zNismo and Paul_S like this

#137 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,111 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:32 PM

It sounds like you had a fun drive, but there's always something isn't there?!

Does your car have an electric fuel pump?  Mine has been converted to one and it also has fuel regulator in line just before the carbs (it's adjustable and set to 2.5 which is in the middle if that helps).  It might just be your fuel pump is flooding the carbs.

• dj370zNismo and _BR1TT0N_ like this

#138 _BR1TT0N_

_BR1TT0N_

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:06 PM

It sounds like you had a fun drive, but there's always something isn't there?!

Does your car have an electric fuel pump?  Mine has been converted to one and it also has fuel regulator in line just before the carbs (it's adjustable and set to 2.5 which is in the middle if that helps).  It might just be your fuel pump is flooding the carbs.

It was great fun and she sounds amazing!

So I still have a mechanical fuel pump and I havent seen a fuel regulator. Is this an aftermarket thing that fits between the pump and the carbs or before the pump? I have an in-line fuel filter next to the fuel pump. Yeah thats what it feels like but I dont really know how to reduce the fuel input

#139 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,111 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:12 PM

It was great fun and she sounds amazing!

So I still have a mechanical fuel pump and I havent seen a fuel regulator. Is this an aftermarket thing that fits between the pump and the carbs or before the pump? I have an in-line fuel filter next to the fuel pump. Yeah thats what it feels like but I dont really know how to reduce the fuel input

Ah OK.  Mine has an electronic fuel pump by the tank and a regulator last thing in line (after all the filters) before the carbs.

I wouldn't have thought the mechanical pump would over fuel the carbs.  Maybe the float valves aren't doing their job properly? --> https://www.cycleped...em/float-valve/