#1 1FHL

1FHL

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:10 PM

Starting to think about replacemnet for my 370z (Dont beat me up!)

Is there anything Nissan are about to launch that may tempt me?

If not why not!

Nissan 370z Roadster "1 FHL" - Nissan Premier Qashqai #0001 "PR07HET" - Porsche "Maddie" Macan 3.0dS  

#2 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,452 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:07 PM

Still nothing.  They have played with Cross Over and exapnding the Zed Brand almost like its own sub set.  There are forever people playing with the design, the IDX I think got close but for whatever reason that was pulled which is a shame I think. 

The 2017 Zed has been released in the States.  So we have to assume at the moment that is not end of life - The GT-R is still going strong.  Infiniti Q60S 3.0t Petrol - we can only pray shows the direction of the new Zed.  Actually wouldn't it be nice if they just dropped this lump straight into the 370z and gave it a new lease of life. 

Sorry mate as far as I can see - unless someone says otherwise nothing out there suggests something is coming, although if I had to make a move right now personally and didn't want a Zed (I am not in that place).  I would say If I could afford it a Jag F-Type or Infiniti Q60S 3.0t Petrol

As for why not - I think with both the GT-R and Zed they are worried about getting it wrong.  The sad thing is by doing nothing they may themselves be getting it wrong.

• Paul_S likes this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#3 Ragtopzed

Ragtopzed

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:57 PM

Frankie, it would be sad to see it go I enjoyed it's / your company on the Spa weekender last year, if the dreaded day does arise I may be interested in your ole gal !

Right now, money no object I would go down the F-Type road I think they are loverly !

• Paul_S likes this

#4 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,238 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:30 PM

I don't think there will ever be a 380/400Z.

The strongest rumours, from over a year ago, have suggested a new model some time in the future, just called the 'Z', offering a couple of engine options, at least one of which has a 4-pot turbo - and the other may be the 3 litre mentioned by Lesmo. But I must say, it's all gone very quiet for some time now.

Personally, if you're on a budget, I'd recommend that you do what I've done. Get a nearly new automatic 370 - they're a good price at the moment. I'm as happy as a pig in s***.

• Paul_S likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#5 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,437 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 January 2017 - 06:34 PM

Yep, as Les says, there doesn't seem to be anything on the horizon.  No concepts or anything :(

The V6 3.0 TT engine seems to be a real winner so I do hope (and fully expect) that to appear in a Nissan sportscar at some point.

• Chubbs likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#6 1FHL

1FHL

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:40 PM

Thanks for the replies and suggestions, I think I'll stick with what I have for now, it just nothing is "exciting" enough, I have my sensible car (the Qashqai) and did consider just getting one car, if I could drop my Z engine in the QQ I'd be happy! Bring back the Murano :)

I have had a look at the F-Type but (no offence) I don't play golf or wish to buy a smoking jacket just yet! The Infiniti Q60S 3.0t Petrol looks nice but the roof does not come down.

Here's what has tempted me so far:

Top On Choice: Maserati Levante, F-Pace (too small), Porsche Cayenne GTS, Audi Q8 (but that grill YUK!)

Topless Choice: Porsche Boxster 3.4 GTS, Audi TT Rs TFSI Roadster S Tronic Quattro, Alfa Romeo 4C, Audi R8 V10.

Dream Choice:  McLaren 650s, Honda NSX Roadster, BMW i8, and of course a Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport!

​Not too worried about the money, life is pretty good I work hard don't drink smoke etc "money is not an option, it just burns a hole in my pocket"

• Paul_S and CWM370z like this
Nissan 370z Roadster "1 FHL" - Nissan Premier Qashqai #0001 "PR07HET" - Porsche "Maddie" Macan 3.0dS  

#7 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,452 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:58 PM

Although small I would seriously consider a Porsche GT4 as a next move as well.  I keep looking at them, but then you are in GTR Money.  I have a friend with a R8 V10 and he loves it. 

Did you ever see the Murano Soft Top.  Someone in Nissan deserved a almighty thrashing for that....

NSX aparently is a nightmare at high speed as the motors cannot keep up....  so rumours say, although I think that would be perfect.  I would happily have one of those.

• Paul_S likes this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#8 -G-

-G-

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:15 PM

If the rumours I've heard are true, the 400PS engine (VR30DDTT) in the Q60 will make it into the next Zed car. I have a close friend who fratenises a lot not only with the RH9 mob over in Japan but the engineering and development gurus at Nismo. They are of the opinion that the power & fuel efficacy of modern turbo driven cars is too great to ignore - therefore the next Z incarnation will not be NA.

They technically did already make a 380, but didn't make it to full production. It was a homologation special, limited to 300 units.
  • LESmo and Dynamic Turtle like this

#9 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,452 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:37 PM

I think there is a 380 on here which was a import.  It looks a bit like the V1 370z Nismo apart from completely based on the 350z. 

I think if we do get the engine and its not de-tuned it would give a new lease of life to the Zed.  If you consider the MPG and power - the noise they can fake either inside the cabin or outside.

edit.  Sorry mate just realised the 380 is yours - still very rare.  Yours is the only one I have seen.  Noticed the other day they have now ceased production.  But the 370z Nismo RC has come along (Race Car)

• -G- likes this

#10 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,437 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:21 PM

I agree about the comments regarding na engines.  There was a time I wondered if the Juke NISMO unit might be further developed and increased in capacity but Infiniti seem to be going down a new road now with variable compression, etc.

I think it's exciting times ahead with the engine lineup.  Let's hope Nissan develop a car that looks and handles right :)

• Chubbs likes this

#11 1FHL

1FHL

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:22 PM

I may have found something to tick all boxes!

http://www.ebay.co.u...EC/142236121162

• Paul_S and CWM370z like this

#12 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,452 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 January 2017 - 02:27 PM

There was one at the London Regents Street Motorshow about 3 years ago.  Lovely - massively over priced new.  But it looked amazing, nice Carbon bits.  There should be some pictures on here somehwere of it.  I will see if I can find them.

Its lovely in real life.  But boy has someone lost a lot of money.

edit:  Here we go http://forums.nissan...et +motor +show

• CWM370z likes this

#13 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 02:54 PM

[. . .]

I have had a look at the F-Type but (no offence) I don't play golf or wish to buy a smoking jacket just yet! The Infiniti Q60S 3.0t Petrol looks nice but the roof does not come down.

[. . .]

I agree with the appeal to golfists, but I don't think they're aimed at the smoking jacket market.  In fact it was something of an irony that the time the F-Type went on sale was exactly the time I started looking at smoking jackets and making a noise every time I sat down, ie just the time when I reached the Jaguar driving demographic they launched something aimed at the younger audience. :rolleyes:

However, the fact they eventually introduced a manual option on the V6 versions didn't half up their appeal.  To me anyway.

2007 350Z - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2004 Yaris 1.3 - It takes a little longer, but you'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.

#14 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,437 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:14 PM

I've seen one of those on the road (well almost, it was a chauffeur driven one at a Nissan event).  It certainly had presence.  Looked awesome!

#15 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,238 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:11 PM

For the same price you can have a 2014 GT-R with the same mileage. I know which one I'd choose.

Here's an exampe - http://www.pistonhea...4wd-2dr/6644625

• LESmo likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#16 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 22,688 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:30 AM

and for a similar price you could get a brand new one without the 'Vettel' tag on it.

We did look at one in Reading when we got my second QX70 but it just didn't stack up on the cost  ;)

• mattross1313 likes this

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d  premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it

Check out our - 2014 & 2015 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

#17 Ste_ac

Ste_ac

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 02:41 PM

Thanks for the replies and suggestions, I think I'll stick with what I have for now, it just nothing is "exciting" enough, I have my sensible car (the Qashqai) and did consider just getting one car, if I could drop my Z engine in the QQ I'd be happy! Bring back the Murano :)

Here's what has tempted me so far:

Top On Choice: Maserati Levante, F-Pace (too small), Porsche Cayenne GTS, Audi Q8 (but that grill YUK!)

Topless Choice: Porsche Boxster 3.4 GTS, Audi TT Rs TFSI Roadster S Tronic Quattro, Alfa Romeo 4C, Audi R8 V10.

Dream Choice:  McLaren 650s, Honda NSX Roadster, BMW i8, and of course a Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport!

​Not too worried about the money, life is pretty good I work hard don't drink smoke etc "money is not an option, it just burns a hole in my pocket"

A friend who is doing pretty well for himself bought an i8 for Christmas.  He let me have a drive on Christmas Day.  After climbing in the thing, it looked like the bat mobile in black and blue with upward swinging doors, it was very impressive how it all worked seamlessly - no jolts changing gear or between electric and sport modes, seeing as the front and back drivetrains aren't even connected.  The back being a 1.5L 3 cyl engine and a small electric motor through a 6 speed semi-auto and the front being a large electric motor driving through a 2 speed auto gearbox.  Just a very quiet swoosh when running on electric, then in sport mode the engine fires up and uses some sort of speaker inside the car to make a nice noise but was very convincing.  I don't know what is done for the outside, some special exhaust, but people far up ahead jumped to the side of the road because of the noise it made.  When I got out and he pulled away in sport mode, it did sound nice, and pretty loud.  I didn't throw it through corners fast as it wasn't my car but it seemed to steer well around the bends and be comfortable cushioning all the annoying bumps.

He plugs it in to charge each evening, so all through the week he doesn't put petrol in it.  Runs purely on electric for the 20 miles per day he does to work and the gym.  At weekends he obviously goes for a blast.

Another neighbour though said it doesn't look very special and liked the look of my 370Z a lot more. ha ha.

• LESmo, Paul_S, Dynamic Turtle and 1 other like this

#18 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,780 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:49 PM

The downfall of my life is how important I think looks are.... Is that why I cant convince myself the MY17 GT-R isn't quite right for me? Do love a McLaren or two though...
62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#19 1FHL

1FHL

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:23 AM

For the same price you can have a 2014 GT-R with the same mileage. I know which one I'd choose.

Here's an exampe - http://www.pistonhea...4wd-2dr/6644625

I know, but if I'm getting rid of the Qashqai and the Z I need to replace both, if only the GTR came as an estate!

• Chubbs likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 350z, 370, two seater, nissan