74 replies to this topic

#41 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:44 AM

This has to be the most modified new car I have ever seen.  I am truly impressed with how you are getting stuck into making it your own.  Love to hear the Zoorst at some point.

Cheers Les, it's certainly taking shape nicely. The exhaust will keep me occupied for some time now though so might slow up on mods.....maybe! :lol: However with the ART pipes still installed it is bloody loud!! Stock cats may still go on.

Clue 2 on the mod (more than likely to be removed, but improved upon), it's a Nismo inspired mod that Les has not fitted.....which should help narrow down the options as most Nismo items Les already owns :lol: 

• LESmo likes this

#42 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,967 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:02 PM

something I don't :yikes:

:lol:   Nope.  But I am interested.... :teeth:

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate)

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Check out our -  2014, 2015 & 2016 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#43 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 15,910 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:51 PM

Amusing idea on the new mod! OK, first clue....it is Nismo related and cost less than £30 delivered.

Okay, here's my guess - your new Nismo-related mod, for under £30, delivered, is...

A tinted windscreen strip, with 'Nismo' printed on it, instead of 'Matt & Tracy'. :)

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#44 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:12 AM

That's a good shout Chubbs! I already have a tint sunstrip but alas no decals on it so far.
I did chuckle though as the Ali G movie was on TV last night. Love his 'Me & Me Julie' sunstrip :lol:
  • Chubbs likes this

#45 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 15,910 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:43 PM

Give us a clue.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#46 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,967 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:43 PM

Ok some of my goes.

Nismo Fuel Cap Cover...

Nismo Radiator Caps (Please tell me I am wrong with this one.... the Nismo runs at a different pressure)

Nismo Reservoir Covers (yes they do exist).

Nismo Oil Change Metal  Engine Plate.

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate)

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#47 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:49 PM

Give us a clue.

You weren't a million miles away with a Nismo sticker..

#48 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:51 PM

Ok some of my goes.

Nismo Fuel Cap Cover...

Nismo Radiator Caps (Please tell me I am wrong with this one.... the Nismo runs at a different pressure)

Nismo Reservoir Covers (yes they do exist).

Nismo Oil Change Metal  Engine Plate.

No luck here Les.
However good point on the rad cap. I bought one for one of my Toyota's back in the day but didn't fit it as I speed the different release pressures.
  • LESmo likes this

#49 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,967 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:00 PM

Yes I would stay away from the Nismo Rad caps - it will just blow out all the time.  :D

I have a Bonnet Nismo sticker.  The Bonnet Nismo Stripes....?

#50 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:18 PM

.  The Bonnet Nismo Stripes....?

VERY close...

#51 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 15,910 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:37 PM

I see Les is using his normal technique of naming everything under the sun :)

Are we close enough for you to tell us yet?

• LESmo likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#52 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:07 PM

Les was pretty on the button here. I ordered up some Nismo side stripes for the car. Front front wing, over door and onto rear qtr.
I ordered ones for a Juke as I preferred the design. However they are a little too short and the vinyl material is wired :(
So taking them off tomorrow AM. But I'm on the hunt for something as I'm a big fan of decals.
Will get pics up soon anyway just to share :)
  • Chubbs, LESmo and Paul_S like this

#53 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,967 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:51 AM

If you liked what you had - you can probably get them custom made for you.  The people who do race car decals should be able to handle it.  They will do everything literally as you need it,

The answer when fitting large scale decals is soapy water - with fairy - allows you to move it around until you finally want to stick it.  The hours I spent sticking logo's to race cars after they got smashed up :oops:- Take a picture before removing them so it gives the company an idea what you are trying to do.  Oh and sorry it didn't work out - I am sure this one can be fixed. 

#54 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:37 AM

Quick update from the weekends activity:

Finally got around to removing the rear arches, been meaning to sort that for ages now. Looks so much cleaner!!

C0767DE9-9FA2-4BB1-8066-E1B088D3A254.jpg

016D6B1F-D9C8-403A-9E07-F5E6DB6B28E6.jpg

C73F941E-A437-420D-B422-87D9FC7692D2.jpg

Next up was to remove the rear badges. The sticky stuff left over once you remove the badge is awful! But got there in the end. This was done in ready-ness for the gloss black centre badges & door handles :)

4D81F007-35E7-42C9-8C3A-CBDB9D75A4F9.jpg

[Already posted in another thread, but here also for complete ness :lol: ]
And finally I found a hidden mod Sunday morning (pic below). The joyous Shipping spacers that the PDI "technician" decided to leave on the car for me. Was said previously in the thread I was lucky enough to have access to the car prior to PDI so I could have it PPF'd and tinted......so I got to see the car right off the transporter complete with all the packing and wrap from the factory. I part of this was a very large warning stuck in the inside of the windscreen telling the dealership to remove the shipping spacers. My technician, and many others it would seem, cannot read.

From a quick look I only have one per side, others have had 2 even 3. So either my guy only removed a few off my car, or didn't remove any and the others have simply snapped off during driving. I am not amused by this but from a quick search it shouldn't have had any bad effects to the cars alignment or geo. So I'll just whip them off and forgot about it. I will however tell the other 2 guys that bought Nismo's from the same dealership as me, at the same time. They will no doubt also have them.

A42FA1A3-B9B6-4923-A612-7096A422819D.jpg

• Paul_S likes this

#55 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:41 AM

If you liked what you had - you can probably get them custom made for you.  The people who do race car decals should be able to handle it.  They will do everything literally as you need it,

The answer when fitting large scale decals is soapy water - with fairy - allows you to move it around until you finally want to stick it.  The hours I spent sticking logo's to race cars after they got smashed up :oops:- Take a picture before removing them so it gives the company an idea what you are trying to do.  Oh and sorry it didn't work out - I am sure this one can be fixed. 

Hey Les, just realised I forgot to post up pictures of the stripes! Like a Goldfish at times me :lol:

2 pics below. The thought was good, but not a fan of the final thing. The material used to metallic and gave an odd appearance.

It also needed to be 40cm or so longer front and rear to fit the Z body, perhaps chunkier too.

4B064985-C37D-463D-B66E-6C221E882B39.jpg

C0FFC6ED-054C-4F53-BFEA-44363FF06230.jpg

I have however seen a quite a cool stripe on a GTR that sits towards the bottom of the door lines. I might play with Photoshop on that one and see how it looks. Might PS some wheel colour changes too, really not liking the diamond cut!

• LESmo likes this

#56 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 15,910 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:06 PM

You know, I have seen far worse graphics than that. Not a fan of body graphics myself, but that looks not bad to me. I like the 'chequered flag' fade over the rear wheel arch - and I also like the front fade. Nope - can't agree with you here - I think it's quite acceptable, if you really have to do these things!

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#57 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,967 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:10 PM

Nice - I saw a Nismo the other day with similar and I even started to look for them.  They are subtle - I think there is a front one from the lights at an angle as well.  Used to exist on the 350z for sure.  That does look nice with the lower side skirts.

#58 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:17 PM

Thanks guys, I'll keep pondering and come up with a design for the lower door hopefully.

Les, yep the Nismo bonnet decal is really smart but I think it might look a little much on a white car. Does look great though. This one right?

dac147d4.jpg

#59 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,967 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:19 PM

I saw one on a US forum the other day.  I will see if I can find it - that would be too much on a while car I think. 

Ok looks like it was the same - here in white..

Attached Thumbnails

• 18056436_10212808543354426_8073995971564015650_o.jpg

#60 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:25 PM

- that would be too much on a while car I think. 

Agreed.

Those wheels are super nice though!! :D

I am really tempted by white wheels on mine, but this would be my 4th set of white rims over the years and I'm not sure I can handle the cleaning!!

• Scrapper likes this