#61 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 32,413 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:14 PM

I quite like the side decals :thumbs:

It's interesting what you've done with the A pillars too - that's a new one on me :)

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

#62 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,685 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:36 PM

They look amlost like GTR Nismo Wheels?

maxresdefault.jpg

• dj370zNismo and mattross1313 like this
Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate)

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Check out our -  2014, 2015 & 2016 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#63 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:55 PM

I quite like the side decals :thumbs:

It's interesting what you've done with the A pillars too - that's a new one on me :)

The A pillars are easily my favourite mod so far on the car :D

#64 KarlWalker93

KarlWalker93

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:58 PM

I like the red tint on the rears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#65 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:54 AM

And finally I found a hidden mod Sunday morning (pic below). The joyous Shipping spacers that the PDI "technician" decided to leave on the car for me. My technician, and many others it would seem, cannot read.
I will however tell the other 2 guys that bought Nismo's from the same dealership as me, at the same time. They will no doubt also have them.

So, coming back to the above....

I spoke with the other 2 Nismo owners and advised they get their cars checked over due to the balls-up on mine. Luckily both of their cars were fine, so no drama for them. Word of the problem got back to the PDI technician, and when realising the **** up he said 'Well....I definitely remember removing the shipping spacers from 2 of the 3 Nismo's we prepared' !! So, I was just unlucky to have the third one that didn't have spacers removed. But I mean.....seriously! If you were fully aware that you left spacers on 33% of the Nismo's you prepared you would raise it and get them checked?!
But, then I'm giving the guy too much credit I think as it's the same guy that screwed the number plate into my front bumper!

Aaaanyway......the car was down at Nissan last Thursday for the shipping spacers to be finally removed. Lis took the car down for me and was all sorted the same day. Car sits a lot nicer now on the front smile.gif

The next day I was driving to work enjoying the new suspension when the rear tyre 'popped'. I've had punctures in the past but this was pretty impressive! Was coming over a roundabout when all of a sudden there was a loud pop from the rear of the car followed by a flapping. Pulled over and found this in the tyre....

23C55B72-F90C-4711-9B93-A9EB4F22963C.jpg

Looks to be a small piece of steel bar, it was maybe 10-12mm diameter, which I guess explains the sudden pop and loss of pressure!
With such a large hole in the tyre the can of gunk would be no use. So I started making some calls and no-one had a tyre same day...and I wasn't too keen on leaving the Nismo on the side of the road for a few days!
Fast forward 4 hours (!!!) and the recovery truck finally arrives to take me up to Nissan. All 4 tyres have barely covered 4k miles so I decided to only swap out the one tyre, as opposed to swapping the axle which I usually would do. These are my tyre options, note this is Friday afternoon:

Nissan: Can get a tyre in for me next Friday at £265+VAT
Me Online: Can get a tyre delivered by next Thursday at £210
Me Locally: Can get a tyre delivered NEXT DAY for £240 (not sure why Nissan couldn't do this)

So I went for option 3, half expecting to have the car back Saturday PM, possibly Monday AM. But in the end they didn't swap the tyre over until Tuesday PM lol.gif

After a joyous 4 days in a Vauxhall Mokka hire car I finally have Gizmo back grin.gif

281850C4-F9C3-453D-9A14-8BEA8F53EF51.jpg

#66 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:09 AM

Unbelievable!  I'm pleased you've got those things sorted out.

Again, dealers and manufacturers have got to take a good look at themselves on many fronts.  In particular, drivers have got to start voicing their rejections to just having Gunk as a flat tyre fix.  Some might argue that not carrying around a spare wheel saves a few kilos, and reduces emissions a bit in theory, but with the increasing amount of debris on and potholes in our roads it's very easy to be left up a certain creek without a certain instrument.  :bang: 

2004 Yaris 1.3 - A strong engine, good steering and great brakes, but its foolish owner fancies a change.
2007 350Z - Who needs Blue Planet when you've got a Blue Zed?

#67 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,427 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:14 PM

Unashamed exploitation of thread....

I've got a Juke spacesaver wheel and jack kit for sale!

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#68 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 01:17 PM

Long overdue update on my time with the Nismo. Now owned for 14 months and still enjoying each drive!

Towards the end of last summer I had the door handles painted black, and fitted black Z badges in place of the silver Nissan ones. No pics of this but will sort soon.

After testing the water with an eBay decal I decided to go it alone and make my own. Ordered up 3 separate strips of red, black and gun metal and got to work. A lot of help from a good buddy of mine with making sure it was all straight, and the best way to make the chequer effect after the door. But generally very pleased with them! Seem to be lasting well too after 6 months of life.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5096.JPG

• Paul_S likes this

#69 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,427 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 March 2018 - 02:13 PM

Love the stripes. Well done.
62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#70 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 32,413 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:48 PM

I approve!

That's a very nice mota :thumbs:

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

#71 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,685 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:15 AM

Looks good.  You should sell them as a decal pack.  :notworthy:  

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate)

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Check out our -  2014, 2015 & 2016 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#72 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 15,629 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:49 AM

Good job on the placing of those stripes - they really enhance the look of the car (and you can't say that about most body graphics).

• Paul_S likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#73 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:52 AM

Thanks Gents.

Les I did toy with creating these as kits but as they were made from 3 colours it would be super time consuming.

But I do have a wedding to pay for so any extra money would be helpful right now :lol: 

• Paul_S likes this

#74 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 03:58 PM

Semi happy Easter to me.....Box 1 (of 2) of my new exhaust arrived in the post today. Box 2 is still up north at a sorting facility!

However, once it all arrives I will be (again) the proud owner of an Ark Gip V2 system! Can't wait!

The Berk Tech CBE will be up for sale shortly after.

• Chubbs, LESmo and Paul_S like this

#75 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:41 AM

Productive Saturday with the Nismo - ARK Grip V2 exhaust now installed. Sounds as good as it looks, which is hard....just look how pretty it is :D

Also pics of black handles and badges. Will try and grab some sound when the weather improves too.

If anyone is interested in the Berk Technology CBE shoot me a PM.

EDIT - the pictures on my computer are the correct orientation, but on upload they flip. I know how to work a camera.....honestly :lol: 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5527.JPG
  • IMG_5530.JPG
  • IMG_5528.jpg

Edited by mattross1313, 09 April 2018 - 11:43 AM.

• Chubbs and Gav C like this