#1 KarlWalker93

KarlWalker93

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:32 PM

I have a strange one
Whenever it rains my drivers side seatbelt is soaking all of the belt that retracts into the pillar wet through
And my clutch sounds like it has a load of stones in it so many crunchy noises, I know the clutches aren't know to be great but it's only got 7k on it just wondering if everyone is like this haha
  • Dynamic Turtle likes this

#2 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 22,688 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:35 PM

Hi Karl

Someone will be along soon with hopefully some answers, but thought I'd pop by and say Hello :hello:  sorry I can't help

Sarah :)

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d  premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it

Check out our - 2014 & 2015 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

#3 KarlWalker93

KarlWalker93

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:37 PM

Haha thanks 😂
It's actually been in for one water test but I dont think the dealership understood where I was saying the water was coming from. It's booked in again Tuesday

#4 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 22,688 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:39 PM

Where did you take it?

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d  premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it

Check out our - 2014 & 2015 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

#5 KarlWalker93

KarlWalker93

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 01:16 PM

Nissan colliers on Warwick road Birmingham but it's going back to the dealer I bought on Tuesday which is Birmingham central one

#6 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,445 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:04 PM

Leak is warranty job I think on a car that young it's not worth fixing it yourself. Could be a rubber trim part not stuck fully. Is your window fully closing when you shut the door?

Does the clutch chatter if so that's normal mate they do it from brand new. Mine has always done it.

Welcome BTW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#7 KarlWalker93

KarlWalker93

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:38 PM

Yeah hopefully they find the leak, the window shuts fine.
Yeah it's chattery mainly at low speed and reversing just checking it's normal 😂

#8 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,419 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:41 PM

Hi :)

As said, it's highly likely the water is getting in around the window somewhere.  It might be that the window isn't rising quite far enough when you shut the door.  After you've closed the door does the 'window up' button do anything?  If so, then it will just be a case of doing a window reset to set the upper limit correctly.

You're right about the clutch.  They are a little agricultural but it's part of the charm!

So you do you have a V1 NISMO (with the big rear wing) or the V2 with the nice front end? :)

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#9 Jeff-W

Jeff-W

OCDT

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:17 PM

Hi Karl and welcome. As Les & Paul say above, the agri-clutch is noisy at low speeds. This can be exaggerated by quick gear changes with mis-matched engine/drive shaft speeds. A lot of this is down to the dual-mass flywheel (so my mechanically-minded friends tell me!).

As an idea, why don't you see if you can drive the demo 370 when you take yours back in to the dealership. This might put your mind at rest if it makes exactly the same sounds.

Jeff W.
Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.

#10 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,228 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:50 PM

Karl - welcome - I don't think it's a leak - I had the same issue with my seatbelt a couple of months ago. My seatbelt was soaked right down into the spool too. It was caused by me shutting a small amount of the seatbelt in the door, as it hadn't retracted completely. Then it rained! It's something you can easily overlook, as by the time you've noticed the belt is wet it's not stuck in the car door anymore.

My money would be on this as the cause of the problem. Of course, it's easy to dry the belt with a hairdryer (as I did). My problem hasn't recurred because these days I make sure the belt's tucked away before I shut the door.

If I were you I'd dry the belt and check it after a downpour.

Edit - If you don't dry the belt it will stay wet for ages, possibly leading you to think you've got a leak.

Edited by Chubbs, 03 February 2017 - 04:53 PM.

• Paul_S likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#11 KarlWalker93

KarlWalker93

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:15 PM

It's a v2 and nah this has happened like 10 times now
To be honest when I received the car the plastic door finisher on the outside was damaged and they replaced it so I think the water is getting in there and going into the door pillar where the seat belt retractor is my guess is a grommet or something has not been put back in or something along them lines
  • Chubbs likes this

#12 KarlWalker93

KarlWalker93

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:18 PM

The part that is wet is all of it that goes back into the door pillar so when I put the seat belt on it's wet on my shoulder haha

#13 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,228 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:19 PM

It's a v2 and nah this has happened like 10 times now
To be honest when I received the car the plastic door finisher on the outside was damaged and they replaced it so I think the water is getting in there and going into the door pillar where the seat belt retractor is my guess is a grommet or something has not been put back in or something along them lines

Aaah. It's easy to take the trim off the plastic trim to the rear of the window. 3 plastic clips, I believe. You could see for yourself.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#14 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,228 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:21 PM

The part that is wet is all of it that goes back into the door pillar so when I put the seat belt on it's wet on my shoulder haha

Yes, mine was wet on the shoulder too. Capillary attraction caused it to soak upwards as well as downwards.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#15 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,445 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 February 2017 - 07:12 PM

Really easy to damage the door pillar I did them within a day of each other.  I ended up gluing them on they don't move now :lol: .  The 350z didn't have the same space to drop and it was more difficult.

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#16 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,228 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:26 PM

Every now and then I wonder how this issue resolved itself for the OP. What caused the wetness? Did the dealer find the cause?

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#17 KarlWalker93

KarlWalker93

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:55 PM

They didn't find what it was but they are changing the door seal see if that stops it
Just waiting on a door seal to arrive now
Been around 4 weeks so far

• Chubbs likes this

#18 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,228 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:09 PM

Are you still suffering from a wet seatbelt?

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B

#19 KarlWalker93

KarlWalker93

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:19 PM

Yeah happened yesterday again had a big downpour

#20 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,228 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:56 PM

Knowing dealers the part's probably delivered and been sitting in a corner somewhere for a couple of weeks now.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

A to Zee to B