52 replies to this topic

#21 JohnFK

JohnFK

nissansportz Chairman

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,110 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:46 PM

If you know the Nissan part no. you don't need a VIN to order from UAE. They might even be able to help with an Infiniti part number....

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#22 Nutisbak2

Nutisbak2

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:23 PM

Yeah I'm pretty sure sales guy's spot on and dealership have it advertised wrongly as AWD, as when I do a search on the car comes up as a normal G37s not sure if this has premium spec or not mind....

Currently knocked them down to 10,500 on it and yes 3 month warranty. I may negotiate more later cars been seemingly there since September! So they will want rid surely, question is why and will I struggle to sell myself when I want to do so?

Not sure if it is worth paying out for the paint protection or if I should source this elsewhere and have done later. Equally warranty is 3 months via Rac but I can extend at a price question which warranty out there is worth it?

#23 Nutisbak2

Nutisbak2

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:24 PM

Btw who do you guys recommend for insurance on these?

#24 paul_k

paul_k

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,795 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:35 PM

These are great value cars
Built at the Togichi plant same as the GTR and Z they will be reliable especially as the car was introduced about 3 years earlier
I suspect the paint quality (stone chipping) will be the main issue although to be fair the paint thickness has increased since the GTR was introduced in 09.
MOTs are on time and mileage is 47k
Check discs and tyres and service history.
I believe it has memory seats that are not on the GTR
Infiniti is a buyers market so haggle hard

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2151.PNG
  • IMG_2152.PNG

2016 GT-R Recaro Black. A younger model is not necessarily better...

No 1 GT-R Black Black from Marshalls. Helmet signed by Mizuno...
Paul_S Reversing Camera - Sold.

Sept 01 2004 Z GT gunmetal Alezan gone but not forgotten

#25 Kevlar

Kevlar

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:37 PM

I'm with coop this year as they worked out the best price for me.
Think the car has 4 wheel active steer if it's an S as I think all S cars had it in the UK. I'm sure I was told that! You can definitely tell as if you go round a bend at around 40ish it will feel like you are kind of in a slight drift!
04 Sunset 350Z GT, 5Zigen Pro Race Gone but never forgotten  :D 
2010 Infiniti G37S Saloon

#26 Nutisbak2

Nutisbak2

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:01 PM

Lol they told me nothing, fortunately I do my research (well what I can).

So what out of interest would be the best price for me to pay for this car?

#27 Nutisbak2

Nutisbak2

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:21 PM

Think Axa my current insurer want 737 for me when I have 20 plus years Ncd and no accidents (ever).
I am 43, married, own own home and business.

Will shop about as I thought that kind of sucked more than a bit!

#28 Nutisbak2

Nutisbak2

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:29 PM

Incidentally is this the best site for Infiniti owners in the UK? Also who is the most knowledgeable on these cars and can I pick their brains? (I am a zombie so will likely eat em)

#29 Kevlar

Kevlar

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:32 PM

Not sure on price, they don't hold well that well as not known in the U.K. Plus now the Q50 is out the G37 should be easier to knock down. They are good cars though and mine still has no rattles

Insurance is always an odd one. I'm paying 450 I think. 36 married kids and home. Might be postcode that has the bigger impact?
I live in Bristol and wouldn't thought it would be that cheap but maybe it is...
04 Sunset 350Z GT, 5Zigen Pro Race Gone but never forgotten  :D 
2010 Infiniti G37S Saloon

#30 Nutisbak2

Nutisbak2

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:43 PM

I've lived in London and insurance was cheaper there than it is where I currently am.

Appears the tea leaves earmark this area for cars as lots of high end ones around and so the insurance companies are loading us all that live in the area!

#31 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,387 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:38 PM

Currently knocked them down to 10,500 on it and yes 3 month warranty. I may negotiate more later cars been seemingly there since September! So they will want rid surely, question is why and will I struggle to sell myself when I want to do so?

Autotrader car valuation suggests you're getting quite a good deal at £10.5k. But like I said, don't stop trying - if they've gone that low, they can possibly make it even more attractive for you, in some way. Mats, road tax, a full tank of petrol, etc.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

How to post pics on this forum CLICK HERE

Prospective buyer's/new owners' guide to second-hand 350Zs (includes MY06 & MY07 improvements) - CLICK HERE

All assistance I attempt to give comes with the Murray Walker health warning, "Unless I'm very much mistaken ...I AM very much mistaken!"

'53 plate Gunmetal Grey 350z >>> '56 plate Ebisu Black 350z >>> '10 plate Universal Silver 370z >>> '14 plate Mineral Grey BMW M235i >>> '65 plate Gunmetal 370z

Tokyo Motor Show, October 2017???

#32 Nutisbak2

Nutisbak2

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:38 PM

Well I'd say 10,500 which is where I am isn't a bad price but I guess I am no expert.

#33 Nutisbak2

Nutisbak2

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:41 PM

Already got mats in it, tax I think I have to do by law myself now, Got them to knock 100 off a paint protection but not entirely sure that's worth buying. Need to have a scout around at that and also look at what extended warranties are about.

#34 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,387 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:45 PM

I don't think paint protection is worth buying, but others may disagree.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

Prospective buyer's/new owners' guide to second-hand 350Zs (includes MY06 & MY07 improvements) - CLICK HERE

All assistance I attempt to give comes with the Murray Walker health warning, "Unless I'm very much mistaken ...I AM very much mistaken!"

'53 plate Gunmetal Grey 350z >>> '56 plate Ebisu Black 350z >>> '10 plate Universal Silver 370z >>> '14 plate Mineral Grey BMW M235i >>> '65 plate Gunmetal 370z

#35 Nutisbak2

Nutisbak2

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:01 PM

My take is from the dealer your most likely right, although I have read the Nissan stuff (which I presume is used by Infiniti) is very good stuff. However at 299 when the coating itself is only about £39 to buy most likely and very much depends on the skill of those putting it on as to how good it is it's much of a much as to if I do it or not. Know I will put money in their pockets and they want to sell me it but I can likely get similar and maybe cheaper done elsewhere. Anyway will see how nice I feel when I buy lol.

#36 Nutisbak2

Nutisbak2

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:15 PM

These are great value cars
Built at the Togichi plant same as the GTR and Z they will be reliable especially as the car was introduced about 3 years earlier
I suspect the paint quality (stone chipping) will be the main issue although to be fair the paint thickness has increased since the GTR was introduced in 09.
MOTs are on time and mileage is 47k
Check discs and tyres and service history.
I believe it has memory seats that are not on the GTR
Infiniti is a buyers market so haggle hard

mileage is actually 53 now .... but yeah they gonna put through not for me and change those tyres.

#37 Nutisbak2

Nutisbak2

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:19 PM

To mod or not to mod that is the question..... dealership want me to shy away from it as they will take car again hapiilly if remains in same/similar condition.

Guess I can stick a few removables on and have taken off when/if car goes into dealership.

Think I may be tempted to nobble a friend a fast car.

#38 Nutisbak2

Nutisbak2

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:03 PM

Also found this one..... lower mileage and this appears to be an AWD X version.... but looks to be listed wrongly. Not sure what spec this would be as doesn't tell me but on back pretty sure I can make out an x and button in centre console between heated seats points to it being an AWD.

Is this a better buy than the other one I am looking at? Certainly lower miles.....

https://www.arnoldcl.../arnem-u-545494

#39 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,387 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:13 PM

Also found this one..... lower mileage and this appears to be an AWD X version.... but looks to be listed wrongly. Not sure what spec this would be as doesn't tell me but on back pretty sure I can make out an x and button in centre console between heated seats points to it being an AWD.

Is this a better buy than the other one I am looking at? Certainly lower miles.....

https://www.arnoldcl.../arnem-u-545494

...but it's in Scotland.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#40 Nutisbak2

Nutisbak2

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:27 PM

Yeah but that's gettable to.... can get a friend to go check it over for me, he's a mechanic and goes all over with his business fixing Bmw m3/5/6 etc throttle body issues, even BMW dealers are now pointing folk to him as they offer a lifetime guarantee on their repairs.