#21 Jeff-W

Jeff-W

OCDT

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,917 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:33 PM

Matt, I stand corrected and will treat all V2 owners accordingly! Not really!
Fred I - 350Z 2007 Gunmetal. 6 CD changer, full leather, reverse sensors. SOLD.
Fred II - 370Z GT 2011 Gunmetal. Premium connect. GT spec. Seriously un-modified. See-through windows, and a wheel at each corner. Sold 13 July 14. Gone.
Fred III - 2014 facelift 370GT. Magma red. Reversing sensors. Invidia Gemini CBE. Sold 2 April 2016.
Fred IV - 2016 Daytona Blue 370Z GT. Reversing sensors. K & N panel filters. Invidia Gemini CBE. Full front wrap - Ventureshield II.

#22 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,759 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:40 PM

(and it disproves Lesmo's theory that 1cm does make a difference)
  • Paul_S and mattross1313 like this
62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#23 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:09 PM

Perhaps he read the posts on here that said the V2 don't have them!

I wouldn't worry about him reading the forum. If he can't even read the massive warning labels stuck to the car on delivery :lol:

Edited by mattross1313, 23 April 2017 - 06:10 PM.

• Paul_S likes this

#24 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,171 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:28 PM

If the dealer didn't check the tyre pressures, did they remove the suspension packers (not sure if they're still fitted to newer model cars, but if they are...).

Lesmo - help me here!

So, quoting myself here, I reckon zmeister should have a look at his suspension. Did his dealer remove the spacers?

• Paul_S likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

Most cars are A to B. Mine is A to Z.

#25 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,339 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:53 AM

Yes looks like it Chubbs - but if you go back to many posts when they first came out several owners said their dealers had confirmed they didn't use them.  Perhaps they always did and they are driving around with them or perhaps they have only just started to use them.  :?:   There was never any PDI notices on the cars - the V1's didn't thats why some owners were 2 years before they found them.

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#26 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:13 AM

That's appalling - as are all the other examples of the spacers not being removed. I wonder where the other one (or is it 3?) went.

Very good point on the other spacers. Either the guy who PDI'd the car can in fact read but only removed one spacer as the other was tucked behind the strut.

I have noticed I think on 2 occasions now whilst driving an odd noise, similar to a wheel weight coming loose. I figured it was just a stone bouncing into the arch, or a wheel weight, but thinking back it could well have been a spacer snapping.

Edit: I think Nissan should make these in a brighter colour than black :rolleyes:

This is a very sensible idea given that it's all black under there, and covered with mud.

• Chubbs likes this

#27 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,339 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:22 AM

They used to put two per spring.  But normally only on the front.  Here is a Picture from a V1.

DSC01380
DSC01381

• Chubbs, Paul_S and mattross1313 like this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#28 ianhoughton

ianhoughton

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:29 AM

Newbie question here: could these be on any springs front and rear? or just the fronts?

• Paul_S likes this

#29 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,257 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:03 AM

Newbie question here: could these be on any springs front and rear? or just the fronts?

Hi Ian, welcome! It's just the fronts as I understand it. I expect Les will be able to confirm or correct me soon!
  • LESmo likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#30 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,339 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:15 PM

Usually front, up to 3 per spring, the worst is if they are hidden around the back.  In the US there were reports of rears as well.  But I think a dealer / or someone was taking the @iss.  They are only used I understand to get the car on the Boat.  No other reason.  Although I undertsand form those who had them on for several thousand miles - they do unsettle the car somewhat and make the ride a little - well hard :lol:

#31 ianhoughton

ianhoughton

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:07 PM

Just had a quick look at my 'new' car, low and behold, I've got at least 2 on each front spring!!! I wonder if the previous owner chopped it in because of the ride quality? My car is approx 16months old, with 10k miles.

I presume its a simple case of jacking each side and prising the plastic spacers off?

IMG_1699.JPG IMG_1700.JPG

Edited by ianhoughton, 19 September 2018 - 06:07 PM.

• LESmo likes this

#32 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,339 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:22 PM

Yes mate.  Once the springs have no pressure on them you can pull them off.  Alternatively if it came form a dealer get them to do it.

I suspect it was a joy to drive in the ICE and the rain.  Some US drivers have had them on for 30k or more.  You will notice the difference when removed it will ride the bumps without taking out your spine.

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings and ianhoughton like this

#33 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,339 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:27 PM

NISSAN  ****** NISSAN  ******* That should wake up their robot.

How in gods name do you keep letting YOUR dealers release Nismo's with these spacers.  Its not like we don't know they exist.  Surely a sticker like the V1 had on the rear window about car washes would be a simple solution which would prompt the buyer if not the dealer.

• Dave G likes this

#34 ianhoughton

ianhoughton

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:31 PM

Yes mate.  Once the springs have no pressure on them you can pull them off.  Alternatively if it came form a dealer get them to do it.

I suspect its was a joy to drive in the ICE and the rain.  Some US drivers have had them on for 30k or more.  You will notice the difference when removed it will ride the bumps without taking out your spine.

I just put the ride firmness down to it being a Nismo, and having driven a 4x4 for the last 5 years  :lol: 

The front end did seem to have a particular 'patter' on the drive to work this week.

• LESmo and Paul_S like this

#35 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,339 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:33 PM

For sure its firm, its just not supposed to spit you off a roundabout in the rain.  :lol:

#36 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,171 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 September 2018 - 07:13 PM

NISSAN  ****** NISSAN  ******* That should wake up their robot.

How in gods name do you keep letting YOUR dealers release Nismo's with these spacers.  Its not like we don't know they exist.  Surely a sticker like the V1 had on the rear window about car washes would be a simple solution which would prompt the buyer if not the dealer.

To be fair to Nissan, they do put obvious stickers on the cars - see here - http://forums.nissan...moval/?p=397747.

The fault lies squarely with the dealers and their mechanics.

• Paul_S likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

Most cars are A to B. Mine is A to Z.

#37 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,339 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:24 AM

I contacted Nissan 4 years ago to warn them this was happening, its still happening, what Nissan need to be mindful of is if one of the Nismo's has an un-explained accident and the accident inspector finds these on the car - and does even a coursery check of forums or some research Nissan and the dealer will have a problem on their hands.  Its in-excusable for these to get through PDI.  So much so would it not be easier to just add them to the check regardless if they are on the car or not.

I am afraid they need to get this sorted.  Owners should not have this happen in my view,

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings and Gav C like this

#38 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,501 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 09:18 AM

I contacted Nissan 4 years ago to warn them this was happening, its still happening, what Nissan need to be mindful of is if one of the Nismo's has an un-explained accident and the accident inspector finds these on the car - and does even a coursery check of forums or some research Nissan and the dealer will have a problem on their hands.  Its in-excusable for these to get through PDI.  So much so would it not be easier to just add them to the check regardless if they are on the car or not.

I am afraid they need to get this sorted.  Owners should not have this happen in my view,

Very true, very true and very true.

Obviously no-one at Nissan did A-level Economics in the early 1990s or thereabouts, as they'd have known about the history of the Ford Pinto . . .
2007 350Z - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2004 Yaris 1.3 - It takes a little longer, but you'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.