8 replies to this topic

#1 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 8,646 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:03 PM

Many of us will have seen or heard of the horrific accident at the weekend of the young Formula 4 Driver Billy Monger at Donington Park. 

He has unfortunately suffered life changing injuries.  Alex Zanardi should hopefully prove an inspiration to the young chap.  But in the meantime his family need help in ensuring he has the very best medical help to allow his recovery.

If you are able please do donate what ever you can.  However small. Petrol heads are some of the most generous and caring individuals on the planet.

https://www.justgivi..._term=pdQzPZ83b

Attached Thumbnails

• Billy.JPG

• Chubbs, dj370zNismo, Chilli Red and 2 others like this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate)

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Check out our -  2014, 2015 & 2016 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#2 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:49 PM

Very very sad indeed. I've just been watching the BTCC race weekend having recorded it and have just seen this accident in F4. A very nasty accident indeed and my thoughts go out to poor Billy Monger but I hope as you say, that he can use Alex Zanardi as an inspiration, well said Les.

• Chubbs, LESmo and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - Optional extras: Dynamic pack, black styling pack, Audi sound system, cruise control, reversing camera, advanced key, electric folding body coloured mirrors, electrically adjustable lumbar support and non smokers pack.

2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition (manual) - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers, Black 'Z' badges, removal of GT Edition stripes - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.

2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#3 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

Committee Secretary

• Committee Member (10)
  • 22,417 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:17 PM

How absolutely devastating.
  • LESmo and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d  premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it

Check out our - 2014 & 2015 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

#4 dj370zNismo

dj370zNismo

Zedling

• Founding Member (10)
  • 2,295 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:57 AM

Thanks for posting this Les, we can only hope that the support he will undoubtedly get will aid his rehabilitation. Best wishes Billy.

• LESmo, A Pair Of Flabby Wings and Neutreus like this
2013 Storm White 370z Nismo #93
2004 Azure Blue 350Z

#5 JohnFK

JohnFK

nissansportz Chairman

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,860 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:25 AM

I tuned in to BTCC on the box at the weekend just after this incident had occurred. My thoughts go out to Billy and his family, as well as all the support staff at the track including all the volunteer marshalls motor sport so relies upon. I also have to say the live TV coverage was handled very sensitively and in a very professional way.

• dj370zNismo, LESmo, A Pair Of Flabby Wings and 1 other like this
62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#6 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 8,646 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:10 PM

Update: So far in about 24 hours they have raised - £542,546 for Billy - 13224 people have donated.  Thats really impressive and so heart warming.

• Neutreus likes this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate)

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#7 Chilli Red

Chilli Red

Committee Secretary

• Committee Member (10)
  • 22,417 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:58 PM

And if the news reports are to be believed he is already trying to work out if he can work the clutch with his hands. What resolve!
  • LESmo and Neutreus like this

07765 406665
Infiniti FX 30d  premium - loved it but now gone
QX70d S Design and owner and lovin' it

Check out our - 2014 & 2015 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube

#8 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 8,646 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:07 AM

He has a long journey to travel but he is a brave kid.  The trolls started to come out yesterday fuelled by Jealousy (which is weird how can they be jealous of where he is right now) - Others literally almost begrudging him of the collection.  I took 30 minutes to respond to one posted on one of my Driver friends wall as I just couldn't understand the mentality.

Many years ago - a long time ago.  We were racing in TVR Tuscans at Castle Combe, a wheel came off one of the cars - bounced over Cazza (who was a photographer on the track side) and killed the guy behind her in the crowd.  As we stood on the grid for a minute silence - none of us wanted to be there, no one would not have packed up if we could have saved the poor guy in the crowd.  Petrol Heads, crew and drivers all know at any point something could happen which changes our lives - those people who have given £2 may have made the same sacrifices or more so than those who gave £16k.  But the money isn't the issue.  Everyone is showing they care.

There to the grace.  As for those who say he chooses to do it, he knew the risks.  They anger me most. One person posted yesterday that he was lucky to be racing at £16k per weekend.  I fail to see the relevance of those statements.

• dj370zNismo and Chilli Red like this

#9 dj370zNismo

dj370zNismo

Zedling

• Founding Member (10)
  • 2,295 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:54 PM

According to the Sunday Tmes Sport article, the fund is now up to £730k. Amazing motorsport family coming together to support its own!
  • LESmo and Chilli Red like this
2013 Storm White 370z Nismo #93
2004 Azure Blue 350Z