David_R

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:59 PM

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to test the waters with this idea first before jumping in too deep. I plan on making a custom exhaust system for the 370z (once I have a 370z that is) as I have some experience building stainless systems for other marques.

I have always enjoyed building and fabricating my own parts and through the learning process have developed useful skills that I would love to share and hopefully benefit people on this forum.

Time will tell how things pan out and I dont want to get anyones hopes up but the dream is to make my some of my own systems and then who knows where it might lead!

Some of my work to date..

IMG_2611s_zpsbeucvbkj.jpg

20150529_150555s_zpsn13gyke3.jpg

IMG_2640s_zpswc9yhuxc.jpg

IMG_2704s_zps26r75sox.jpg

• Chubbs, LESmo, Paul_S and 2 others like this

#2 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,218 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:29 PM

Good work mate.  Will be interested to hear this on the Zed.  I must admit I did look at having a custom when the Nismo Zoorst dies.

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate)

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Check out our -  2014, 2015 & 2016 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#3 Paul_S

Paul_S

Committee Member and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,668 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:29 PM

Wow - good skills! :clap:

In the very early days when I wanted to change the exhaust there was a choice of 2.  I looked at getting someone to make me an exhaust but it never happened in the end.  It would be great to see what can be done! :)

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

Posted Image

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

#4 David_R

David_R

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:41 PM

I will most likely have a stock dyno run performed at my local Rolling road so I have a basemark to compare to. Then I can give you guys some HP gains over stock with my own system on my own car..  This may ofcourse be a few months away although it would be great to get something sorted through the summer. :)

• Paul_S likes this

#5 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,428 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:47 PM

omg no mufflers! That Volvo sounds like a Spitfire (just to be clear, I mean a Supermarine Spitfire, not a Triumph Spitfire).

I reckon you could make a 370Z V6 sound like it SHOULD sound. Can't wait to see/hear what you can do to one.

Talking about Spitfires - and apologising for taking the thread off-topic for a second - and warning of a bit of swearing at the end - have a look at this...

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

How to post pics on this forum CLICK HERE

Prospective buyer's/new owners' guide to second-hand 350Zs (includes MY06 & MY07 improvements) - CLICK HERE

All assistance I attempt to give comes with the Murray Walker health warning, "Unless I'm very much mistaken ...I AM very much mistaken!"

'53 plate Gunmetal Grey 350z >>> '56 plate Ebisu Black 350z >>> '10 plate Universal Silver 370z >>> '14 plate Mineral Grey BMW M235i >>> '65 plate Gunmetal 370z

Tokyo Motor Show, October 2017???