Posted Image

Photo

No light to show which gear is selected?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MTi

MTi

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:14 AM

Hello, I've not long had my car and have been making a list of things I want to check out/fix. Seen as most searches brought me here I decided to join :)

When I got the car I was surprised there wasn't a light (or some other indicator) to show what gear i had selected. I thought this would bother me but turns out not really after a week of owning the car. Am used to my s-tronic box having one i guess :)

Where to get a good touch up paint for the stone chips - It had one chip on the bonnet when I got it and have since put one more on :( lol

New wipers all round - think I got this one in hand

Boot lid counterweight removal - on my list for today

Hand brake lever adjust - will look at that too

How to go straight to "folders" when trying to select music from a usb/music box source - this has been driving me nuts..

squeaky door rubbers - got some silicone lube at the ready

The car is 2010 metallic grey and has just gone past 18k miles - I was really looking for black one but really glad I got this one :)

Cheers

Matt

#2 JohnFK

JohnFK

nissansportz Chairman

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,992 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:25 AM

Hi Matt. Glad you made yourself known! :welcometonissansportz:

Personally I'm not a 370 owner but I'm sure others will be along with comments / answers (we're never short on comment!).

And as usual I'll say: some pics would be nice!

• MTi likes this
62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#3 ProfessorZ

ProfessorZ

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:31 AM

Concerning the usb music folders: I had the same frustration, and someone on this forum mentioned pressing the 'AUX' button, which will show the folder.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

#4 Paul_S

Paul_S

Committee Member and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 30,990 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:20 AM

Hi Matt :)

There should be a gear indicator (the little round section at the bottom of the dial).  Even manual cars have them (well, perhaps not the base model which doesn't have SynchroRev).

I've not heard of the display failing so I'm a bit confused as to why it's not showing up :?:

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

Posted Image

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

#5 MTi

MTi

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:06 AM

Hi Matt. Glad you made yourself known! :welcometonissansportz:

Personally I'm not a 370 owner but I'm sure others will be along with comments / answers (we're never short on comment!).

And as usual I'll say: some pics would be nice!

Thanks John, I will get round to it :) and wow, you have a nice selection of cars!!

Concerning the usb music folders: I had the same frustration, and someone on this forum mentioned pressing the 'AUX' button, which will show the folder.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

Just tried the aux button but doesn't get me to a list of music folders as I want it too, will keep exploring :)

Hi Matt :)

There should be a gear indicator (the little round section at the bottom of the dial).  Even manual cars have them (well, perhaps not the base model which doesn't have SynchroRev).

I've not heard of the display failing so I'm a bit confused as to why it's not showing up :?:

Hi Paul :) I mite be mis-describing what I mean - On the centre console next to the shifter, PRND the little circular indicators dont show what the selector is in, as I said not a biggie.. any reason why no S mode on this?

Ta :)

#6 Paul_S

Paul_S

Committee Member and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 30,990 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:51 AM

Ah, right.  My mistake.  I don't have an Auto so I can't comment on whether that's normal or not.

Snow mode came in on the Auto cars in 2011 (or maybe 2012).  The early ones didn't have it.

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

Posted Image

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

#7 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,235 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:06 PM

AUTO BOX INDICATOR LIGHTS...

There are no indicator lights on the PRND - don't worry mate, it will soon become second nature to you (if it isn't already). We proper drivers don't need a light to tell us if we're in forward or reverse - a simple letter is quite enough.

When you asked about S Mode, did you mean Snow Mode, or Synchro Rev Match?

TOUCH UP PAINT...

In my long experience, Genuine Nissan touch up paint is never the same colour as your car, so I always do an ebay search and get a small bottle for about a fiver. I've never been disappointed. Even if I was, it's only a stone chip, it's only a small difference and it's only a fiver - but you may be more fussy than me.

USB FOLDERS...

Assuming you've got the Connect Premium stereo/satnav? - If so, with the stereo switched off, simply press the USB/aux button until your usb stick comes up on the screen. Then touch 'menu' at the bottom of the screen. This will take you to your folders & you can navigate from there. I'm in bed at the moment, and I use the Music Box so rarely that I can't remember if it's the same for Music Box, but it probably is.

BOOT OPENING...

There's an easy alternative to removing the boot weight, if you want the damn thing to open on first press of the button. It involves putting 2 x 1p coins in each of the two boot springs, to pack them out a bit. Works for me. See THIS LINK

LUBE :cloud9:

It's important to also lube the bonnet hinges. They've been known to seize up and buckle the bodywork.

Glad to see you've ended up with the fastest colour.

• Paul_S and MTi like this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

How to post pics on this forum CLICK HERE

Prospective buyer's/new owners' guide to second-hand 350Zs (includes MY06 & MY07 improvements) - CLICK HERE

All assistance I attempt to give comes with the Murray Walker health warning, "Unless I'm very much mistaken ...I AM very much mistaken!"

'53 plate Gunmetal Grey 350z >>> '56 plate Ebisu Black 350z >>> '10 plate Universal Silver 370z >>> '14 plate Mineral Grey BMW M235i >>> '65 plate Gunmetal 370z

Tokyo Motor Show, October 2017???

#8 MTi

MTi

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:55 AM

AUTO BOX INDICATOR LIGHTS...

There are no indicator lights on the PRND - don't worry mate, it will soon become second nature to you (if it isn't already). We proper drivers don't need a light to tell us if we're in forward or reverse - a simple letter is quite enough.

When you asked about S Mode, did you mean Snow Mode, or Synchro Rev Match?

TOUCH UP PAINT...

In my long experience, Genuine Nissan touch up paint is never the same colour as your car, so I always do an ebay search and get a small bottle for about a fiver. I've never been disappointed. Even if I was, it's only a stone chip, it's only a small difference and it's only a fiver - but you may be more fussy than me.

USB FOLDERS...

Assuming you've got the Connect Premium stereo/satnav? - If so, with the stereo switched off, simply press the USB/aux button until your usb stick comes up on the screen. Then touch 'menu' at the bottom of the screen. This will take you to your folders & you can navigate from there. I'm in bed at the moment, and I use the Music Box so rarely that I can't remember if it's the same for Music Box, but it probably is.

BOOT OPENING...

There's an easy alternative to removing the boot weight, if you want the damn thing to open on first press of the button. It involves putting 2 x 1p coins in each of the two boot springs, to pack them out a bit. Works for me. See THIS LINK

LUBE :cloud9:

It's important to also lube the bonnet hinges. They've been known to seize up and buckle the bodywork.

Glad to see you've ended up with the fastest colour.

Hi Chubbs, Shame I didn't see this before taking out the counter weight :lol: its wasn't a hard job and can always put it back in if I feel the need, worked a treat though. The lack of gear select indicator light doesn't bother me, as there's less to select from than my audi, they are further apart and not easy to select the wrong thing. S mode I actually meant sport, but again probably comparing apples and oranges.

I have some touch up paint on its way. The code is K51 G which is either titanium silver, carbon silver, or graphite silver, I am pretty fussy about chips yes  :lol:

Still not quite what I want regarding the folders, maybe its just me, when i am playing an albumn from the usb and see the track list, i should be able to press the back button to get to the folder list. Also I'd like to browse albumns/tracks then press select rather that it playing whatever happens to be highlighting. 

First job after work - lube the bonnet hinges :D 

The colour - I'm a fan now too  

• Chubbs likes this

#9 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,235 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:33 AM

Make up your mind - is the car grey or silver?  K51 is gun metal grey, which IS the fastest colour, but silver is only the 2nd fastest, as proved in my own independent testing. Sounds like you're the lucky owner of a fast one.

Sport Mode? Sport Mode? - that's only for part-time sports cars, like those BMW's you can get. The 370z is in Permanent Sport Mode. Be careful, you'll be wanting Eco Mode next :shock:

As far as your music is concerned, it sounds like you're just getting used to transferring from the system in your previous car to this new one. Trust me, once you've used it for a few weeks it will become intuitive - Personally I really like its straightforward simplicity.

Apologies for the split infinitive in my last post - naturally there is no verb 'to also lube' - it should've been 'also to lube'. I am a t**t.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

Prospective buyer's/new owners' guide to second-hand 350Zs (includes MY06 & MY07 improvements) - CLICK HERE

All assistance I attempt to give comes with the Murray Walker health warning, "Unless I'm very much mistaken ...I AM very much mistaken!"

'53 plate Gunmetal Grey 350z >>> '56 plate Ebisu Black 350z >>> '10 plate Universal Silver 370z >>> '14 plate Mineral Grey BMW M235i >>> '65 plate Gunmetal 370z

#10 MTi

MTi

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:12 PM

Definately Grey metallic - I put silver by mistake. I'm colour blind so it looks green to me from certain angles :D I will get used to the quirky controls!

• Chubbs likes this

#11 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,235 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:45 PM

Don't forget the luuuube tonight  :)

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg