#1 Scrapper

Scrapper

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:57 PM

Afternoon,

I'm looking at ordering replacement LED's for my 2017 370z Nismo, and was wandering which ones I can replace, where to buy from and which bulbs to buy?

Also can I get different colours?

I don't want to re-invent the wheel, so if any of of the club members have done this - then hopefully it will make my job easier.

Cheers,

Paul

#2 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,352 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:07 PM

Can you be specific about where you want these LEDs for? Interior? Exterior? Etc...

• Scrapper likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

How to post pics on this forum CLICK HERE

Prospective buyer's/new owners' guide to second-hand 350Zs (includes MY06 & MY07 improvements) - CLICK HERE

All assistance I attempt to give comes with the Murray Walker health warning, "Unless I'm very much mistaken ...I AM very much mistaken!"

'53 plate Gunmetal Grey 350z >>> '56 plate Ebisu Black 350z >>> '10 plate Universal Silver 370z >>> '14 plate Mineral Grey BMW M235i >>> '65 plate Gunmetal 370z

Tokyo Motor Show, October 2017???

#3 Scrapper

Scrapper

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:33 AM

Sorry Chubbs,

Side-Lights

Cabin Lights

Rear licence plate lights

Interior Boot Lights

Fog Light

Door Panel Lights?

Think thats all over them, but please correct me if I'm wrong  :mellow:

Cheers,

Paul

#4 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,352 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:25 PM

Sorry for the delay in replying.

The only lights I have changed on my car so far are the side lights and the trunk light. I have used the same cheap LED's for all 3 lights and they seem to work fine, giving a nice cool white. They're not blindingly bright, but I have DRLs so it's not an issue. The best thing about the side lights is that they match the colour of the headlamps. The trunk light is brighter than the useless stock bulb and a much better colour.

Here's the ebay link - CLICK HERE

I've noticed at the bottom of the ebay page that you may be able to get them even cheaper.

• Scrapper likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

Prospective buyer's/new owners' guide to second-hand 350Zs (includes MY06 & MY07 improvements) - CLICK HERE

All assistance I attempt to give comes with the Murray Walker health warning, "Unless I'm very much mistaken ...I AM very much mistaken!"

'53 plate Gunmetal Grey 350z >>> '56 plate Ebisu Black 350z >>> '10 plate Universal Silver 370z >>> '14 plate Mineral Grey BMW M235i >>> '65 plate Gunmetal 370z

#5 Scrapper

Scrapper

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:41 AM

Thanks for you help Chubbs, much appreciated  :D

#6 Scrapper

Scrapper

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:47 PM

Guys I have just found this 7 piece kit... and ordered it

http://www.lightec-a...kit?search=370z

NISSAN 370Z FULL LED KIT

This is the most complete 370z kit on the market. Fits both UK and IMPORT models

You will get bulbs to change the following to LED:

• Front Reading Lights
  • Rear Boot Light
  • Ultra High Power Reverse LEDs
  • Number Plate LEDs

Total of 7 LED bulbs

Most complete kit on the market, we include number plate LEDs and hard to find reverse LEDs that others don't!

All leds are SMD for optimal light spread and CANBUS COMPATIBLE

Easy installation, plug & play

Low Power Consumption and Low Temperature

Simple easy clean installation, plug and play

Hope this helps someone else out  :P

• Paul_S and moonshine like this

#7 Paul_S

Paul_S

Committee Member and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,296 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:03 PM

Looks good! Let us know what you think of them.

I don't think they need to be CANBUS compatible but it won't do any harm.
  • Scrapper likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

Posted Image

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

#8 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,352 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:58 PM

Come to think of it, I've replaced the interior bulbs with LEDs too - it's much nicer to have a slightly brighter, cool white interior, instead of the dull old-fashioned yellow stock bulbs. I think I may have used the same ones as in my post above.

• Scrapper likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#9 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,352 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:17 PM

I'd like someone else to spend £11.98 on a pair of these and tell me if they're any good...

http://www.ebay.co.u...sd=201729996084

ps - for the sake of transparency, at the end of the advert it says they're not actually Osram bulbs, but the LED on the tip of the bulb is maunfactured by Osram!

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#10 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Members (10)
  • 15,352 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:51 AM

Guys I have just found this 7 piece kit... and ordered it

http://www.lightec-a...kit?search=370z

NISSAN 370Z FULL LED KIT

This is the most complete 370z kit on the market. Fits both UK and IMPORT models

You will get bulbs to change the following to LED:

• Front Reading Lights
  • Rear Boot Light
  • Ultra High Power Reverse LEDs
  • Number Plate LEDs

Total of 7 LED bulbs

Most complete kit on the market, we include number plate LEDs and hard to find reverse LEDs that others don't!

All leds are SMD for optimal light spread and CANBUS COMPATIBLE

Easy installation, plug & play

Low Power Consumption and Low Temperature

Simple easy clean installation, plug and play

Hope this helps someone else out  :P

It'll be interesting to see what you get. Although the advert tries to be informative, I'd have liked to see images of the bulbs.

• Paul_S and Scrapper like this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#11 CWM370z

CWM370z

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:50 AM

:thumbs: thanks scrapper kit ordered.    

you'v got to do it. B)

• Scrapper likes this

2016 370z Nismo v2 ebisu black </p>
         Nismo shoulder pads, Nismo valve caps.cargo net. Nismo wheel transfers. AAM competition tail pipes .

2004 Black .KURO 350Z,nismo seatbelt pads,35Oz mats, ztax disc holder, garmin satnav.stubby aerial.z frt bumper badge.dealer collector box set of Zs.black led rear lamps.NISMO hightone Z horns.volk gt-c 19"wheels.Toyo proxes t1rs,carbon frt leds,carbon frt air guide panel.NISMO oil cap. gold custom bolts.carbon engine cover,clear rear bumper lights,red harness covering.carbon bonnet lifters.samco set of red hoses,jim wolf air filter and stainless air intake pipe with red hose connections.
 now passed on to matty bacon  

2014 BLACK  NISMO Juke, 2-4 switchable wheel drive, auto, and selectable 6sp box, Bonnet guard , NISMO valve caps,NISMO seatbelt pads. Rokblokz Mud Flaps.                                                  

>2008110801newsign01.jpg

#12 CWM370z

CWM370z

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:00 PM

to any one who's looking to buy leds from the seller   http://www.lightec-a...kit?search=370z    don't :unsure:

I have  and received  2 led canbus bulbs only. :cursing:  :angry2:    email sent and now waiting reply  it may be a genuine mistake but will let you know asap

I wonder how scrapper has done as he ordered the light kit as well.??

• Paul_S likes this

Nismo shoulder pads, Nismo valve caps.cargo net. Nismo wheel transfers. AAM competition tail pipes .

2004 Black .KURO 350Z,nismo seatbelt pads,35Oz mats, ztax disc holder, garmin satnav.stubby aerial.z frt bumper badge.dealer collector box set of Zs.black led rear lamps.NISMO hightone Z horns.volk gt-c 19"wheels.Toyo proxes t1rs,carbon frt leds,carbon frt air guide panel.NISMO oil cap. gold custom bolts.carbon engine cover,clear rear bumper lights,red harness covering.carbon bonnet lifters.samco set of red hoses,jim wolf air filter and stainless air intake pipe with red hose connections.

2014 BLACK  NISMO Juke, 2-4 switchable wheel drive, auto, and selectable 6sp box, Bonnet guard , NISMO valve caps,NISMO seatbelt pads. Rokblokz Mud Flaps.                                                  

>2008110801newsign01.jpg

#13 Scrapper

Scrapper

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:13 PM

Hi CWM370z, I received the 7 LED's and fitted 5 so far... just waiting for decent weather to fit the reversing lights and I ordered two LED side lights aswell.  I'm sure it was a mistake mate...

The ones I have swapped looked really good though and very bright...

I Also bought a trim removal kit from halfords as I didn't want to damage any parts while removing the panels...

Pic attached of kit and was about £24...

:D

DSC_0076.JPG

• dj370zNismo likes this

#14 CWM370z

CWM370z

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:48 PM

looks like they have not picked my order correctly then will have to wait till they see my email , glad your order was ok .

had you not looked on ebay for trim removal  tool kits much cheaper than Halfrauds and some with lifetime guarantee.

• Chubbs and Scrapper like this

>2008110801newsign01.jpg

#15 Scrapper

Scrapper

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:27 AM

Yes mate, but me "Can't wait for anything" :rolleyes:

I did pay over the odds... but they seem really durable.

Hope you get your lights sorted soon.

• Chubbs likes this

#16 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,296 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:25 AM

You do get what you pay for to a certain extent when it comes to trim removal tools.  The cheaper ones are more likely to mark your trim and bend or snap.

But, that said, they must be very cheap to make and some companies are more greedy with their profit than others so the most expensive ones aren't always the best.

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings and Scrapper like this

Posted Image

#17 CWM370z

CWM370z

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:59 AM

yesterdays post. delivered bulb kit from lightec complete  :thumbs:  :D

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1447 (4).JPG

• Paul_S and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

>2008110801newsign01.jpg

#18 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,296 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:34 PM

I recognise that card. I think I must have used these people before (must be with Sarah's Juke as I've not put any LEDs in the Zed).

The discount code looks handy! ;)

Posted Image

#19 Scrapper

Scrapper

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:00 PM

Good news on the delivery!  ;)

Reverse lights were a bit of a pain... as the trim was pain to remove, trying not to pop anything ;-)

Just working up to swapping my sidelights now.... should be fun!!!! NOT

:)

• Paul_S likes this

#20 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,296 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:13 PM

The sidelights aren't that bad.  This is how I did it :)

• Scrapper likes this

Posted Image