Posted Image

Photo

Accelerator pedal clicks when you floor it at near WOT ?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,418 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:49 AM

Interesting findings. I'm not sure if the OBD reader is telling you the physical position of the pedal or what the ECU is outputting. Probably the latter I guess.

Sorry mate, I've not dragged my Consult system out from under all the cr@p lying on top of it. I'll see if I can play the next few days.

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#22 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 428 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:50 AM

Very interesting following as this has bugged me since I had the car

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

So I take it from your comment, you have the same 'second pressure' issues as described earlier?

Interesting findings. I'm not sure if the OBD reader is telling you the physical position of the pedal or what the ECU is outputting. Probably the latter I guess.

Sorry mate, I've not dragged my Consult system out from under all the cr@p lying on top of it. I'll see if I can play the next few days.

No worries Paul.  It's not urgent, just annoying.  I have two minds to just buy another throttle assembly (about £180 from the Japanese supplier you have used and recommended) and then set about taking the existing one out with a reassuring back up in hand if I can't fix it.

#23 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:16 PM

So I take it from your comment, you have the same 'second pressure' issues as described earlier?

I have always noticed it but never thought about it to much to be honest until you bought it up, i have tried pushing the accelerator all the way to the floor past the click or stopping at the click and have not noticed any difference to be honest.

Not a scientific test i know it must be there for a reason that is the interesting thing

#24 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 428 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:21 PM

I have always noticed it but never thought about it to much to be honest until you bought it up, i have tried pushing the accelerator all the way to the floor past the click or stopping at the click and have not noticed any difference to be honest.

Not a scientific test i know it must be there for a reason that is the interesting thing

I agree that I can't 'feel' any difference between the two positions (first stop vs to the floor). Not sure if it has always been there and I missed it for about a year or if it developed.  What's interesting is that not everyone has this symptom...?!?

#25 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:45 PM

I agree that I can't 'feel' any difference between the two positions (first stop vs to the floor). Not sure if it has always been there and I missed it for about a year or if it developed.  What's interesting is that not everyone has this symptom...?!?

Will keep a eye on this thread in case someone can help us

#26 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 6,063 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:28 PM

As a man with no experience of automatics whatsoever - and long may that continue - I may have got the wrong end of the stick, but with auto 370Zs being available in every market (and with Nissan's money being even tighter in the late 2000s) is it not just a redundant kickdown sensor? Obviously that's assuming they used the same throttle pedal mechanism for manuals and autos, but all things considered I can see that being a possibility.
  • Paul_S, Dave G and milanored like this

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - When you give up driving, you’re not going to look back wistfully on the car you owned with the nicest dashboard top or speaker grilles. You’re going to remember a car for its excitement and how it made you feel.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Far less pretentious though.

#27 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 34,418 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:02 PM

You may well have a point there :thumbs:

I hope to have a play this weekend. I might be able to give you an answer from Consult III.

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#28 Dave G

Dave G

Zedlet

• Members (10)
  • 428 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 12:12 PM

So here's something either interesting or irrelevant... I borrowed my wifes car last night (Passat auto, DSG box) and guess what.  It too had the same throttle pedal first point and to the floor notch.  I tried to see if it was an auto kick down as per Michaels suggestion (thanks M) but the DSG was already on the case anyway so I couldn't tell.

Maybe I should just chill out about it, ignore it and drive the car..................................but my OCD won't let me.

• Paul_S and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this