50 replies to this topic

#1 moonshine

moonshine

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:07 PM

Anyone have the AAM resonated short tails ?

Thinking of these as a cheaper option to the ARK Grip , dont want the AAM to be mega loud hence only looking at the resonated ones

#2 KarlWalker93

KarlWalker93

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:08 PM

Anyone have the AAM resonated short tails ?

Thinking of these as a cheaper option to the ARK Grip , dont want the AAM to be mega loud hence only looking at the resonated ones

Yes I do but mine are non resonated
If you like obnoxiously loud then they are for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by KarlWalker93, 11 October 2017 - 08:09 PM.

• Paul_S likes this

#3 KarlWalker93

KarlWalker93

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:09 PM

Loud

Edited by KarlWalker93, 11 October 2017 - 08:10 PM.

#4 moonshine

moonshine

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:19 PM

Thats what I'm worried about , some videos they dont seem all that loud , they appear to be louder on the Nismo's

Some more info here - 

http://www.the370z.c...-resonated.html

Certainly dont want 'brutal' cold starts as described ! 

Oh well , looks like I'll save the pennies for longer 

#5 CWM370z

CWM370z

Zedlet

• Committee Member (10)
  • 624 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:37 PM

Yes just fitted AAm resonated  tail pipes to my 2017 v2 Nismo, lovely burble sound very happy with them . :)

and its all to do with the loud pedal on the right !  :yikes:

ps.. any details required I will answer after the 20th oct (on  a  bucket and spade hol.)

see also: Rear exhaust nismo 370z  entry 

• Paul_S and moonshine like this

2016 370z NISMO v2 ebisu black   Nismo shoulder pads, Nismo valve caps.cargo net. Nismo wheel transfers. AAM competition tail pipes .Carbon doorhandle covers.

2014 BLACK NISMO JUKE  black 2-4 switchable wheel drive ,auto,and 6speed selectable gear box,bonnet guard, nismo vale caps,nismo seat belt pads , Rokblokz mud flaps

2004 Black .KURO 350Z,nismo seatbelt pads,35Oz mats, ztax disc holder, garmin satnav.stubby aerial.z frt bumper badge.dealer collector box set of Zs.black led rear lamps.NISMO hightone Z horns.volk gt-c 19"wheels.Toyo proxes t1rs,carbon frt leds,carbon frt air guide panel.NISMO oil cap. gold custom bolts.carbon engine cover,clear rear bumper lights,red harness covering.carbon bonnet lifters.samco set of red hoses,jim wolf air filter and stainless air intake pipe with red hose connections.
 now passed on to matty bacon  

>gallery_245_77_67379.png

#6 SinfulMonk

SinfulMonk

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:37 PM

I watched the BroFour vids and feel as though I need the short tails as a cost efficent sound upgrade.
What sort of costs did people end up with in total?

#7 KarlWalker93

KarlWalker93

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:38 PM

I watched the BroFour vids and feel as though I need the short tails as a cost efficent sound upgrade.
What sort of costs did people end up with in total?

£350 and fitted myself easy job

#8 SinfulMonk

SinfulMonk

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:42 PM

Im not all that clued up when it comes to the mechanical work, dont even own the tools. Do you think it would be more cost effective (for me) to buy it through a place like demontweeks and then have them fit them aswell?

#9 KarlWalker93

KarlWalker93

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:34 PM

Im not all that clued up when it comes to the mechanical work, dont even own the tools. Do you think it would be more cost effective (for me) to buy it through a place like demontweeks and then have them fit them aswell?

there’s actually a video online how to install watch it see what you think

#10 tom_nismo

tom_nismo

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:31 PM

Yes just fitted AAm resonated  tail pipes to my 2017 v2 Nismo, lovely burble sound very happy with them . :)

and its all to do with the loud pedal on the right !  :yikes:

ps.. any details required I will answer after the 20th oct (on  a  bucket and spade hol.)

see also: Rear exhaust nismo 370z  entry 

You got a vid of it mate? 

#11 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:44 PM

I thought these were around £520 ish

Where did you source for £350?

Thanks

#12 tom_nismo

tom_nismo

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:19 PM

I thought these were around £520 ish

Where did you source for £350?

Thanks

same here

#13 tom_nismo

tom_nismo

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:42 AM

Decided to go for AAM short tails resonated, with burnt tips. Unfortunately they have got a 2 month waiting list on the tips. So we have ordered the AAM polished ones, and have got the motordyne burnt tips to put add to the aam system. 

Will get some pics up when its fitted this month, excited :) 

• Paul_S and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

#14 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:14 AM

Decided to go for AAM short tails resonated, with burnt tips. Unfortunately they have got a 2 month waiting list on the tips. So we have ordered the AAM polished ones, and have got the motordyne burnt tips to put add to the aam system. 

Excellent, be interesting to hear your views once fitted.
  • Paul_S likes this

#15 Littlez

Littlez

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:41 AM

I've had mine sitting for a couple of months now not got round to fitting them.. I was also umming and ahhing whether to put them on or just sell them on. I got the titanium tips and as you said was a waiting list at the time but came after just over a week.

Fitting them this weekend :)

• Paul_S likes this

#16 tom_nismo

tom_nismo

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:08 PM

I've had mine sitting for a couple of months now not got round to fitting them.. I was also umming and ahhing whether to put them on or just sell them on. I got the titanium tips and as you said was a waiting list at the time but came after just over a week.

Fitting them this weekend :)

Mine have arrived but we have had to source motordyne blue tips to replace the blue tips from aam that were the delay. 

#17 Littlez

Littlez

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:14 PM

Mine have arrived but we have had to source motordyne blue tips to replace the blue tips from aam that were the delay. 

blue/titanium tips were the delay when i bought mine but they did come faster than i was expecting :)

#18 tom_nismo

tom_nismo

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:17 PM

blue/titanium tips were the delay when i bought mine but they did come faster than i was expecting :)

Oh wow, i couldnt wait 2 months to just got the polished tips and adding motordyne blue one on as there unscrew able aren't they? (i hope) 

#19 Littlez

Littlez

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:39 PM

Oh wow, i couldnt wait 2 months to just got the polished tips and adding motordyne blue one on as there unscrew able aren't they? (i hope) 

Mine are press on fixed with a pipe clamp, the tips have slits in them so they can clamp to the steel exhaust pipe. I read early ones didn't have the slits so they couldn't be clamped on and people were saying they could fall off, or ended up welding them on/making thier own slits.

#20 tom_nismo

tom_nismo

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:48 PM

Mine are press on fixed with a pipe clamp, the tips have slits in them so they can clamp to the steel exhaust pipe. I read early ones didn't have the slits so they couldn't be clamped on and people were saying they could fall off, or ended up welding them on/making thier own slits.

The dealer is confident it will work, so we shall see. 

• Littlez likes this