#21 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 2,746 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 November 2019 - 01:46 pm

2 things:

1) Booked in with my local re-finisher to have the front splitter repaired/re-painted

2) Booked car in to Litchfield to have MOT and Service carried out

All within a few days so will report back in a couple of weeks or so.

• Paul_S and Gav C like this

2011 Gunmetal Nissan GTR Premium Edition - Litchfield Stage 1, Miltek Y-Pipe

2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#22 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 2,746 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted Yesterday, 12:35 pm

So, my car is in with Litchfield today. First impressisons? What a cracking bunch of people, very friendly and great service (althogh the courtesy car is a bag of crap lol). I'm going back a little early to pick the car up later and they're going to give me a mini tour (it's not a big premises) but they've got some race cars and highly tuned GTR's there they are working on, so I'll try to remember to take a pic or two!

As to my service, it's the middle one which is £420 (probably plus the dreaded VAT) but compared to main dealer HPC, very attractive!

They conducted the initial inspection and most everything is A OK but the brakes are down to 10% & 20% on discs and pads front and rear respectively. I knew this would be the case as I was aware of it being an advisory at the last service it had before I bought it - having done my homework and spoken to Litchfield about it's history. You can also feel they are not as responsive as they should be. So, I've given the green light to get the Alcon's fitted all round and I'm going for the Ferodo DS2500 pads as she will get driven with spirit on the odd occasion shall we say..

Two advisories; firstly, slight play in the front lower ball joint but that will be one for next years service as it's not serious and secondly, there is slight up and down play in the Bell Housing. The latter one surprised me a tad as it had the Litchfield Bell Housing upgrade fitted in 2017. Again, it's very minor but still surprising. I need to ask more later because the technician was talking about it being the opposite end of the prop shaft.

Will post a couple of pics later hopefully.

Next steps -

1) MOT tomorrow at Nissan Bristol (sadly Litchfield's MOT guys have been flooded out with all this rain so had to make a last minute booking)

2) Monday it goes in to have the front splitter sorted

3) Next Friday - Vodafone engineer coming out to fit upgraded Tracker to car

So a busy week for the car (and not the cheapest of week's either!)

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this

2016 Sepang Blue Audi RS3 - APR Stage 1 tune with High Flow air filter and Secondary Decat Pipes - I'LL MISS THE POPS AND BANGS (BUT THE NEIGHBOURS WON'T)
2012 Pearl White 370Z GT Edition - Invidia Gemini catback exhaust with burnt titanium rolled tips, Stillen Gen 3 Intake Kit, UpRev, 15mm Eibach spacers, Satin Black painted bumpers - GONE TO A NEW OWNER WITHIN THE CLUB BUT WILL BE VERY FONDLY REMEMBERED.
2005 Gun Metal 350Z GT, Alezan Leather & plenty of mods - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

#23 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 6,335 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:21 pm

That was an interesting post Neil, thank you. :thumbs:

I guess it proves that although they are not the most expensive car to run, you certainly cannot run them on a shoestring even when they are a reasonable price as a used car.

The continued bell housing issue sounds interesting, and I'm keen to hear more too. I'm also keen to hear what their courtesy car is too. It's not a Leaf is it? :unsure: :lol:

2007 350Z (my second Zed) - When you give up driving, you’re not going to look back wistfully on the car you owned with the nicest dashboard top or speaker grilles. You’re going to remember a car for its excitement and how it made you feel.

2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Far less pretentious though.

#24 paul_k

paul_k

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 5,963 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:47 pm

Litchfield often don’t do the alignment if the tyres are worn.
Make sure they don’t charge you for it!
Have you had the brake hoses done by now?
I don’t know what Litchfield do after a service but it is often noticeably quicker.
2016 GT-R Recaro Black. Stage 1 engine and gearbox remap epic!

No 1 GT-R Black Black from Marshalls. Helmet signed by Mizuno...
Paul_S Reversing Camera - Sold.

Sept 01 2004 Z GT gunmetal Alezan gone but not forgotten

#25 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 2,746 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted Yesterday, 10:13 pm

I'm also keen to hear what their courtesy car is too. It's not a Leaf is it? :unsure: :lol:

No, it was a Toyota Yaris but not a new one - 2003 plate  :lol:

Litchfield often don’t do the alignment if the tyres are worn.
Make sure they don’t charge you for it!
Have you had the brake hoses done by now?
I don’t know what Litchfield do after a service but it is often noticeably quicker.

They did actually do a full wheel alignment for free - tyres are about 3-4 months old.

No, re the brake hoses - what's the suggestion/benefit again Paul?

Oh and yes, she definitely feels more taut and a bit more spicy than before - could be psychosomatic after driving a Yaris lol, but I like it either way.

#26 Neutreus

Neutreus

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 2,746 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted Yesterday, 10:18 pm

Oh and a couple of pics I took.

Outside the main garages:

Litch Build.jpg

GTR city (& a rogue BMW):

Litch Out.jpg

Ian Litchfield has bought one of the GTR GT1 cars (one of the old 'Sumo' sponsored car) and is completely rebuilding it:

Litch GT1.jpg

• Gav C likes this

#27 Gav C

Gav C

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 4 minutes ago

Keeping good company there  :D

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev  remap