ChasGFL

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:34 PM

Hi everyone,

I finally picked up my first Zed 3 months ago after coveting over it for many years and the 350 before that. Loving the car and it's made driving fun again - although that's not hard when you've had MPVs the vast majority of your car owning years. The previous owner made a few subtle mods including an aftermarket exhaust (no idea which one) which makes the car noisy as hell and I love it - the neighbours: not so much. Anyway I found my way here after looking for a reversing camera kit which Paul_S is sorting for me.

I've never been much of a car person in respect of modding or doing maintenance and stuff myself, but buying this car has given me the urge to do some stuff and there's a couple of mods I have my eye on, plus a reversing camera kit soon that will need installing. So you may well find me posting on here asking for help with the car in bits! Since the photos were taken I did manage to change the aerial for a stubby and fixed an issue with a loose engine undershround - baby steps.

Cheers

Here's a few pics:

370Z-2048.jpg IMG_20170812_101740017_HDR (1)-2048.jpg IMG_20170812_101857590_HDR (1)-2048.jpg

• dj370zNismo, LESmo and Paul_S like this

#2 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,142 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:38 PM

That's really lovely.  Some subtle touches.  Roadsters are properly rare.

Nice splitter.  A great Colour (but of course I would say that :lol: )

• ChasGFL likes this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate)

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Check out our -  2014, 2015 & 2016 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#3 Paul_S

Paul_S

Committee Member and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,515 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:20 PM

Hi mate, thanks for posting up :thumbs:

As Les says, you've a rare car there.  Nissan stopped selling the 370Z convertible a few years ago, which was a real shame.

Yours is a lovely looking car.  Let's hope we see it at a meet or 2 in 2018 :)

• ChasGFL likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

Posted Image

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

#4 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:33 AM

Fastest colour 370 you have there :lol:

Is this Nikki's old 370? I think she sold it more than 3 months ago so perhaps the previous owner to that. However a very well looked after car during her time, hope you enjoy it :)

• ChasGFL likes this

#5 ChasGFL

ChasGFL

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:23 AM

I bought it through a dealer just outside Mansfield, from what I remember the previous owner worked for BMW an d yes, I will ;)

#6 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,515 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:31 AM

It looks like it has alloygators fitted.  Did they come with it or did you put those on?

Posted Image

#7 ChasGFL

ChasGFL

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:21 PM

Yes it does, well spotted. They were fitted by the previous owner and are quite badly scuffed in places so are on my list to remove/replace, but they look like they go right into the gap between the tyre and wheel so reckon I'm gonna have to jack it up and deflate each tyre to get them off, although tread depth isn't the greatest so might wait for when I replace them.

Edited by ChasGFL, 12 November 2017 - 12:22 PM.

• dj370zNismo and Paul_S like this

#8 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,515 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:54 PM

Yes it does, well spotted. They were fitted by the previous owner and are quite badly scuffed in places so are on my list to remove/replace, but they look like they go right into the gap between the tyre and wheel so reckon I'm gonna have to jack it up and deflate each tyre to get them off, although tread depth isn't the greatest so might wait for when I replace them.

Yes, that's the way I would do it.  You probably don't need to remove the wheels from the car.

Hopefully the wheels are good under the rim protectors and they weren't fitted to cover up previous scuffs.  If I were you I would take them off before getting any new tyres fitted, I know it's hassle but you would at least know in advance if the wheels need a refurb.

• dj370zNismo likes this

Posted Image

#9 ChasGFL

ChasGFL

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Garage View Garage