Posted Image

Photo

Kimbolton Country Fayre & Car Show - July 8th 2018 *** Free To Attend for Full 2018 Members ***

EVENTS 2018

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#1 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,523 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:00 AM

Kimbolton Country Fayre - 8th July 2018

(Any Make / Model can attend).

sml_gallery_123_461_110720.jpg  sml_gallery_123_461_163732.jpg  sml_gallery_123_461_139346.jpg  sml_gallery_123_461_126446.jpg

Kimbolton Country Fayre is now in it’s 27th year, a charity event for the whole family, organised by volunteers from The Rotary Club of Kimbolton Castle and The Sporting Bears Motor Club. It is held in the beautiful grounds of Kimbolton Castle in Cambridgeshire, the home of Kimbolton School.

sml_gallery_123_500_4777368.jpg  sml_gallery_123_461_115515.jpg  sml_gallery_123_500_5664099.jpg  sml_gallery_123_461_48845.jpg

In 2017 the 26th Kimbolton Country Fayre and Classic Car show organised by the Rotary Club of Kimbolton Castle in partnership with the Sporting Bears was by any measure a great event. Over 6,000 visitors enjoyed a spectacular array of entertainment and activities including Heavy Horses, Beagles, the Sealed Knot, the Galaxy Swing Band, the Lindy Hoppers, the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight flypast and of course over 900 Classic cars.  All this and more than 60 stalls and other activities, Twinwoods Adventure Race room’s Ford Focus simulator and Knowles Dairy (a unique display of vintage dairy from 1940’s to the 1960’s).

In total over £23 000 was raised for a range of charities including Burns Camp, Samuel Pepys School, HemiHelp, East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices, Ellesmere Opportunity Group, Holly Ward (Hinchinbrooke Hospital), Mission Motor Sports and many other Rotary supported charities and good causes.

New last year were model car racing and the Dream rides were more popular than ever and a flyby of a Hurricane from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight fully met expectations.

The Fayre has raised over £380,000 over the last 26 years. Staffed by over 60 volunteers on the day and backed by a year of planning.

The 2018 Fayre will again have a fantastic line up of show ring events, stalls and entertainment as well as the usual tea tent, real ale bar, classic cars on display, plus many more attractions and activities for the whole family

The 2018 fayre will be held on Sunday the 8th of July, gates open for general admission at 11.00am. Classic cars for display arrive from 9.00am.

Although in 2017 arrivals were from 7:30am.  2017 Attendance Cost was £10 per car with two occupants or discounted £8 with single occupancy.  It would be great if you can make this new event in the 2018 calendar. 

This was a great event in 2017.  With lost to do for the car enthusiast as well as the Fayre for those who wanted something different.  It would be great to see as many of you guys that can make it.  The organisers are really flexible and cars are allowed to leave early, and BBQ's etc are allowed as well as dogs.  We welcome any model not just Nissan sportscars - so anything you call your pride and joy!

We have extended and invite to this event to our friends in the ZClub.

• dj370zNismo and Paul_S like this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#2 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,523 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:01 AM

Kimbolton Attendance:

1. Lesmo & Cazza - 370z Nismo (£10 Refund)

2. ChasGFL - 370z Roadster (£10 Refund)

3. Chaz3d - 1974 Datsun 240z L28 (ZClub)

4. Chas - 280zx Turbo (ZClub)

5. jr6yam (£10 Refund)

6. JohnFK - (£10 Refund)

7.DonMuscles (Prov) (ZClub)

8. Mr Ex Jnr (Prov) (ZClub)

9.  Julian (ZClub)

10. John_K (£10 Refund)

Reserve List

Members refunds will be paid on the day - pay at the gate and refunded as soon as you get to the club stand.

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete   Z1 LHP Upgraded Hatch Struts

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

#3 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,815 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:37 PM

I will put this one in my diary as I'd like to attend. But, I'd need it to coincide with something else in that area to make it worthwhile so don't put me on the list yet.

• LESmo likes this
62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#4 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,523 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:14 PM

Cheers John, hope you can make it.  It would be great if you can.  But appreciate its a VERY long way. 

#5 yank44

yank44

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 03:03 PM

Can I register for this even though I'm not a member of the club?
  • LESmo and Paul_S like this

#6 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,523 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 25 December 2017 - 04:05 PM

Of Course mate - you would be very welcome.

• Paul_S likes this

#7 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:49 PM

Can I register for this even though I'm not a member of the club?

Even better ... become a member and get the advantages that comes with the membership, I did last year and will be again this year.

Would have loved to have gone to this event, but sadly it clashes with Manchester sparkle and I have already booked my hotel for that.

Vicky x

#8 yank44

yank44

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:13 PM

Good idea except most events that I'm aware of take place in the M1/A1 corridor or the home counties.  Bit too far away for me.

#9 ChasGFL

ChasGFL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:17 AM

Can you put my name down for this one please.

• LESmo likes this

#10 CWM370z

CWM370z

Zedlet

• Committee Member (10)
  • 643 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:49 PM

20170614_191114.jpg OH NO :o​ . cant do this one we are on a cruise ship around Norway ffords   with matty bacon,   :sorry: yes we would have done this one.

• LESmo likes this

2016 370z NISMO v2 ebisu black   Nismo shoulder pads, Nismo valve caps.cargo net. Nismo wheel transfers. AAM competition tail pipes .Carbon doorhandle covers.

2018 toyota c-hr dynamic ,decuma grey /black roof . hybred/petrol 1.8 auto.

2004 Black .KURO 350Z,nismo seatbelt pads,35Oz mats, ztax disc holder, garmin satnav.stubby aerial.z frt bumper badge.dealer collector box set of Zs.black led rear lamps.NISMO hightone Z horns.volk gt-c 19"wheels.Toyo proxes t1rs,carbon frt leds,carbon frt air guide panel.NISMO oil cap. gold custom bolts.carbon engine cover,clear rear bumper lights,red harness covering.carbon bonnet lifters.samco set of red hoses,jim wolf air filter and stainless air intake pipe with red hose connections.
 now passed on to matty bacon,  now coming back to daddy

2014 NISMO JUKE . BLACK AUTO ,4X4SOLD .                                                  

>gallery_245_77_67379.png

#11 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,523 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:47 AM

Added.  :wub:

#12 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,523 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:15 AM

We have a member joining us from the ZClub :wub:  :wub:

#13 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,523 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 March 2018 - 11:33 AM

Ok Guys I need to go back now with final numbers.  I am going to contact the organiser and say I will go back after Easter - so please if anyone is thinking of going please sign up.  This year they are using wrist bands - so its necessary to fix the numbers more so than previous years.

#14 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,523 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:02 PM

Another car has signed up from ZClub - we are now up to 5.  3 from nissansportz and 2 from ZClub - who else can be tempted?

#15 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,523 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 April 2018 - 08:37 AM

I have had to put the stake in the ground so to speak so I have said 10 cars attending, so they can send wrist bands out.  We have 5 places left for anyone who wants to confirm, or wants to commit.  After the 10 places are gone we will run a reserve list.

#16 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,815 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:46 AM

Les, this is still on my calendar but still cannot commit. Ill let you know one way or another soon as i know. John
  • LESmo likes this
62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#17 jr6yam

jr6yam

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:26 AM

Add me to the list (plus other half) if it's not too late

Can I park in the middle again like last year :D

• LESmo likes this

#18 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,523 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:04 PM

Brilliant Mate B)

#19 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,523 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:14 PM

Ok, so far we have 7 + 3 Provisional - John I have allocated a ticket in case you can I would sooner do that than not have a space for you.

I am going to contact the organisers and increase to 15 spaces.

#20 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,523 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:32 PM

I have been sent the wrist bands today,  I will collect the addresses for everyone when I come back from Holiday and Post them out in  advance of the event.  We do still have the odd spare space.

• Paul_S likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EVENTS 2018