#1 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,430 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:49 PM

Dear All.

As most of you will know In October I decided not to stand again for a 2018 Committee position at the 2017 AGM. After eight years of being the elected Chairman I felt that the time had come for some fresh enthusiasm to continue to promote nissansportz.

Its been an interesting time with many highlights and feel quite nostalgic that I wont be in the thick of it - although I will be around as a member and participant.

I'm also pleased that a number of previous Committee members did stand for 2018, thereby providing continuity of knowledge and experience, as well as some fresh volunteers whose enthusiasm is especially welcome.

I'd like to say a big thank-you to all the previous years Committee members for putting up with my non-decisions(!) and a big good fortune to the 2018 Committee who I know are already full of ideas to be explored.

One might think that with my retirement from IT work after 56 years I could be expected to have more time on my hands, but for those of you who dont realise the ageing process seems to dictate any free time needs to be taken up by sleep!

It would be difficlt to list all the high points of the last few years but if I had to it must be the steady liaison with NMGB that got us invited to Spa for the pre-launch experience of the MY17 GT-R - a weekend that showed Nissan's customer appreciation at its finest. The content of the event was truly priceless!

I ought to also mention our Traders as their fees have helped us get back on a more secure financial footing. In particular I'll mention the support and encouragement of Colin & Jo at CAT Driver Training and Liz and Bob at RJN Motorsports - the latter for tolerating every time I asked the quesion "can we take part?" to finding ways in which we could join them for race spectation, pit visits, etc.

Anyway, I shall remain a member (better pay up then!) and be around with one eye on proceeedings and hopefully to take part in events that aren't too far away for this old b*gger to get to.

Here's to 2018! I look forward to seeing you all... and I hear 2019 might be a special year for all Z owners.

• LESmo, A Pair Of Flabby Wings, Neutreus and 6 others like this
62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#2 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 32,422 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:07 PM

Well, I've run out of 'Likes' tonight and am just catching up...

John, I would just like to say on behalf of everyone who has been a User, Member, Moderator, Committee Member, or just a reader of the forum who gets useful information and pleasure from it - a huge :thankyou:

We wouldn't be where we are now without you today and we (the current me Committee and myself) are going to do our very best to build on your success.  As you say, 2019 will be a big one, and I hope 2018 will be a good stepping stone up to that.

Thanks to all who have served in Committee since John took over.  The club owes you a debt of gratitude for the time and effort you all put in :clap:

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings, Neutreus, Cazza and 1 other like this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits