19 replies to this topic

#1 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:02 PM

Recently ordered a new 2018 370Z Nismo after returning my 2017 BMW M4 Competition Pack back to BMW as I wasnt happy with the car after 6 months ownership.
Arrived at the dealer last week, was PDI yesterday and had the front of the car along with the roof wrapped in XPEL PPF today.
Collecting the car on Tuesday once its registered by the dealer as they are closed on Monday.
Wasnt really sure whether to go for a Nismo or a limited edition Red Edition Focus RS.

Also got a Porsche 911 turbo and a few Superbikes.

Nismo will be a daily driver.

Attached Thumbnails

• A706ECC9-24CF-48CC-9652-FBD5A925B0EE.jpeg
  • C1E1E4E0-79A1-4702-B2BC-9A486AB40C62.jpeg

• Paul_S and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

#2 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 32,577 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:32 PM

Awesome news!  Congratulations, it looks a real beast in black :thumbs:

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

#3 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,079 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:39 PM

Nice!  Now that's what I call a happy New Year.

Looking at the new M4 - even the Competition Pack - just leaves me cold.  Was that the big issue for you?

2004 Yaris 1.3 - A strong engine, good steering and great brakes, but its foolish owner fancies a change.
2007 350Z - Who needs Blue Planet when you've got a Blue Zed?

#4 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,800 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:11 AM

:welcometonissansportz: Have they sorted the Head Gasket issue on the RS yet?  Did I read somewhere the other day they had fitted the Mustang one and that's caused the issues.

That's a real mix - of cars you considered, I hope the Zed gives you a great deal of happiness.  Roll on Tuesday.  Is this your first Zed?

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate)

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Check out our -  2014, 2015 & 2016 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#5 ApolloIE

ApolloIE

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:05 PM

I had similar experience with the M4, I changed from an M4 to a 370z Nismo. As my first M-car I really wanted to like the M4 but just couldn't.. for me the driving experience was just too cold as well

Regarding the new RS gaskets, I think the supply confused the mustang gaskets with the RS ones and were fitted with mustang gaskets. Though I think the RS would had been a fantastic car as a daily!! everyone who owns them absolutely loves them, for me I just cant get over the boy racer image with the Ford

• LESmo and Paul_S like this

#6 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 08:38 PM

Nice!  Now that's what I call a happy New Year.

Looking at the new M4 - even the Competition Pack - just leaves me cold.  Was that the big issue for you?

Bought the M4 CP new and within a matter of weeks started experiencing interior rattles predominantly from the dashboard.

Returned to the dealer 5 times to rectify the rattles, however they kept returning which I believe is a known issue with these cars.

Also official BMW figures suggested an average of 34MPG however on my daily commute on,y achieved around 19,5-23MPG and around 27MPG on the motorway whiles cruising along with a long stretch at 50MPH through roadworks etc.

Also felt for a £70k Car (prior to discount) it should have come with an Mperformance Exhaust rather than BMW charging an extra £3.5k for it.

I was fortunate to have been able to reject the car within 6 months which resulted in it costing me around £2.5k rather than the £20k + that it had depreciated during that time.
  • Paul_S and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

#7 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 08:47 PM

I had similar experience with the M4, I changed from an M4 to a 370z Nismo. As my first M-car I really wanted to like the M4 but just couldn't.. for me the driving experience was just too cold as well

Regarding the new RS gaskets, I think the supply confused the mustang gaskets with the RS ones and were fitted with mustang gaskets. Though I think the RS would had been a fantastic car as a daily!! everyone who owns them absolutely loves them, for me I just cant get over the boy racer image with the Ford

I did enjoy the M4 CP, however was dissapointed by the under damped suspension when pushing on, along with limited traction at times and the frustrations from the interior rattle on a new £70k car. Also the depreciation at the moment is unbelievable, they are plummeting in value due to over production, large discounts and 0% interst currently available

Totally agree on your thoughts regarding the Focus RS.......lol

Not sure whether using Mustang head gaskets is true and accurate or merely and excuse to hide the true facts. Only time will tell, however there have been a number of engine failures. The only positive aspect is that Ford offer an additional 2 year warranty (5year warranty from new) for only £450, so little risking the first 5 years. However if the engine issue is not resolved this will have.a major impact on the residuals of these cars.
  • A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this

#8 Cray Z

Cray Z

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:22 PM

Congrats and happy New year bud. Good to see another one like mine. Should be getting mine back next week.

Make sure you have a tracker fitted. Mine was stolen from my driveway after they burgled my house for the keys!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

#9 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,079 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:24 PM

Bought the M4 CP new and within a matter of weeks started experiencing interior rattles predominantly from the dashboard.

Returned to the dealer 5 times to rectify the rattles, however they kept returning which I believe is a known issue with these cars.

Also official BMW figures suggested an average of 34MPG however on my daily commute on,y achieved around 19,5-23MPG and around 27MPG on the motorway whiles cruising along with a long stretch at 50MPH through roadworks etc.

Also felt for a £70k Car (prior to discount) it should have come with an Mperformance Exhaust rather than BMW charging an extra £3.5k for it.

I was fortunate to have been able to reject the car within 6 months which resulted in it costing me around £2.5k rather than the £20k + that it had depreciated during that time.

I'm glad to hear that all's well that ends well.

Although as someone for whom modern, oversold german turbocharged cars don't float my boat, and am delighted to hear of a manufacturer at least partially taking a hit due to the joke (although we now the punchline) that is their mpg figures, I think a car with an odd rattle, a greater thirst than expected, and fairly chronic depreciation sounds almost quite characterful and appealing.  Almost.

2004 Yaris 1.3 - A strong engine, good steering and great brakes, but its foolish owner fancies a change.
2007 350Z - Who needs Blue Planet when you've got a Blue Zed?

#10 Shenley

Shenley

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:22 PM

Ooh, did someone mention bikes?
  • Paul_S likes this

Sent from my Commodore 64

Just growing old disgracefully......

#11 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:08 AM

Ooh, did someone mention bikes?

Yes lot of Bikes..... lol

#12 ApolloIE

ApolloIE

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:54 PM

exactly the same as me, rattles drove me insane, its quite in the cabin and you can really hear everything that moves inside.

I agree with the MPG as well, I couldn't get it over 30mpg either, same with my 15' X6 I had at the time, it struggled to get over 30mpg just driving normally (diesel)

About the Mperformance exhaust, I read it was just the normal exhaust but minus the active valves, I just unplugged my valves so they remained open all the time and it made a ton of difference with the sound, a lot louder and sounded just like the Mperformance one

• Paul_S likes this

#13 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:34 PM

exactly the same as me, rattles drove me insane, its quite in the cabin and you can really hear everything that moves inside.

I agree with the MPG as well, I couldn't get it over 30mpg either, same with my 15' X6 I had at the time, it struggled to get over 30mpg just driving normally (diesel)

About the Mperformance exhaust, I read it was just the normal exhaust but minus the active valves, I just unplugged my valves so they remained open all the time and it made a ton of difference with the sound, a lot louder and sounded just like the Mperformance one

I think unfortunately most if not all M4 suffer with interior rattles.

Covered 250miles since collecting the Nismo, really getting to like the car.

However currently have one major gripe, the rear of the driver seat seem to move around somewhat during hard cornering. Never previously experience this in any other car, I have also driven lots of cars with Recaro CS Seats.

Is this normal in the Nismo or is my seat faulty?

Edited by Bikeracer1098, 04 January 2018 - 05:36 PM.

#14 ApolloIE

ApolloIE

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:58 PM

Not had any issues with my nismo regarding the seats, apart from they don’t fold forward that’s the only gripe I have with my seats. Perhaps readjust the a** pad a little? Not sure if I’d even take it to the dealer as the “nismo” guys from Nissan are the most useless bunch I’ve ever dealt with, or Nissan after sales service in general

#15 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:46 PM

Ok thanks

#16 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,489 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:45 AM

I'd still think they shouldn't move around under cornering / braking / etc. There are some decent dealerships around who could look at it... where in the country are you?

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#17 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:02 PM

I'd still think they shouldn't move around under cornering / braking / etc. There are some decent dealerships around who could look at it... where in the country are you?

Camberley, Surrey

Which dealers do you recommend?

Thanks

#18 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,489 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:49 AM

If you dont mind a run out then Westover at Bournemouth. Ask them if Darren could take a look at it... and tell them nissansportz sent you!
  • Paul_S likes this
62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#19 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:10 AM

If you dont mind a run out then Westover at Bournemouth. Ask them if Darren could take a look at it... and tell them nissansportz sent you!

Thanks John, will do

#20 Cray Z

Cray Z

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:27 AM

I think unfortunately most if not all M4 suffer with interior rattles.

Covered 250miles since collecting the Nismo, really getting to like the car.

However currently have one major gripe, the rear of the driver seat seem to move around somewhat during hard cornering. Never previously experience this in any other car, I have also driven lots of cars with Recaro CS Seats.

Is this normal in the Nismo or is my seat faulty?

Sounds like a faulty seat to me. Mine is as solid as a rock. Get down to nissan.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  • Paul_S likes this