20 replies to this topic

#1 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:08 PM

Recently ordered a new 2018 370Z Nismo after returning my 2017 BMW M4 Competition Pack back to BMW as I wasnt happy with the car after 6 months ownership.
Arrived at the dealer last week, was PDI yesterday and had the front of the car along with the roof wrapped in XPEL PPF today.
Viewed the car for the first time yesterday and removed the front number plate plinth, will be fitting a small front number plate and attaching to the unpainted plastic below the painted section on the front bumper.
Collecting the car on Tuesday once its registered by the dealer.
Wasnt really sure whether to go for a Nismo or a limited edition Red Edition Focus RS (which Ive ordered for delivery in April 18, however can cancel at any time).

Also got a few other vehicles including a Porsche 911 turbo and a few Superbikes.

Nismo will be a daily driver.

Attached Thumbnails

• C2BE87A4-D262-4BF6-846A-CB53F3D1616B.jpeg
  • 69F5FB7D-4BFE-49AA-85F0-C40179A086FC.jpeg
  • 866FE587-69DC-4E2C-923F-AEB28A51AE6F.jpeg

• dj370zNismo, Paul_S, Neutreus and 1 other like this

#2 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:55 PM

Collected the car yesterday and so far done 250miles.
Love the car, however feel the rear of the Recaro Seats moving about somewhat, is this normal?
  • Paul_S likes this

#3 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,363 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:01 PM

Sorry cannot answer the question as the V1 Nismo I have didn't have Recaro seats - someone will come along shortly with a V2 (Colin I know has one).  Who can confirm - but usual feeling is if it feels wrong it is wrong. 

Definitely no movement in the V1 seats but that's irrelevant as they are motorised Fabric GT Seats.

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate)

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Check out our -  2014, 2015 & 2016 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#4 Ste_ac

Ste_ac

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:02 PM

Hi Bikeracer1098,

Glad you love the car. How do you find the 370Z compares to the M4 and 911 Turbo? They are obviously different classes of car but it would be interesting to know what you think.

A few experienced drivers from various expensive cars have had a go of my 370Z and it still makes them grin. They say they like the old school feel that lacks in a lot of modern cars that are fast but detached from what's going on. One of the said, he likes the 370Z because it's like a modern day 3.0l Capri and he meant in a good way as it was back to basics - big lump of an engine driving rear wheels through a manual.

Edited by Ste_ac, 04 January 2018 - 08:05 PM.

• Paul_S likes this

#5 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:40 PM

Hi Bikeracer1098,
Glad you love the car. How do you find the 370Z compares to the M4 and 911 Turbo? They are obviously different classes of car but it would be interesting to know what you think.
A few experienced drivers from various expensive cars have had a go of my 370Z and it still makes them grin. They say they like the old school feel that lacks in a lot of modern cars that are fast but detached from what's going on. One of the said, he likes the 370Z because it's like a modern day 3.0l Capri and he meant in a good way as it was back to basics - big lump of an engine driving rear wheels through a manual.

Do you have the 370z GT or Nismo?

Only asking as they feel like 2 very different cars to drive.

Had a 2.8 injection Capri when I was around 20 years old, very different Car from the 370z.
Also had a Nissan 200SX and 300ZX in the mid 90s before a new Toyota Supra Twin turbo back in 96. Also had an R35 GTR back in 2011.

The 911 turbo is a devastingly quick road car. 0-60mph in around 2.8secs with matching handling and stopping Power. It’s also small and nimble unlike the R35 GTR which is just too big to hustle down B roads at any speed.

The 2017 M4 competition pack which I had was a great car, fast, reasonably comfortable, great tech inside, handled well however also had a number of negatives. Struggled with traction at times, poor fuel economy compared with the official 34MPG combined figure ...... lol, suspension was underdamped and currently residuals are extremely poor. Also BMW charge around £3k for the Mperformance bodykit and around £3.5k for the Mperformance Exhaust which should really be standard on a car costing in excess of £70k prior to discount. Also the M4 is a big, wide car which again isn’t really suitable for B roads.

The 370Z Nismo feels small, compact and responsive. Turn in and handles extremely well, feels a bit old school with the tech etc, however with the body kit and Recaro Seats feels purposeful and fun to drive.

Not the quickest car, however plenty quick enough as a daily driver.
  • Paul_S and Ste_ac like this

#6 Ste_ac

Ste_ac

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:54 PM

Do you have the 370z GT or Nismo?

Only asking as they feel like 2 very different cars to drive.

Had a 2.8 injection Capri when I was around 20 years old, very different Car from the 370z.
Also had a Nissan 200SX and 300ZX in the mid 90s before a new Toyota Supra Twin turbo back in 96. Also had an R35 GTR back in 2011.

The 911 turbo is a devastingly quick road car. 0-60mph in around 2.8secs with matching handling and stopping Power. It’s also small and nimble unlike the R35 GTR which is just too big to hustle down B roads at any speed.

The 2017 M4 competition pack which I had was a great car, fast, reasonably comfortable, great tech inside, handled well however also had a number of negatives. Struggled with traction at times, poor fuel economy compared with the official 34MPG combined figure ...... lol, suspension was underdamped and currently residuals are extremely poor. Also BMW charge around £3k for the Mperformance bodykit and around £3.5k for the Mperformance Exhaust which should really be standard on a car costing in excess of £70k prior to discount. Also the M4 is a big, wide car which again isn’t really suitable for B roads.

The 370Z Nismo feels small, compact and responsive. Turn in and handles extremely well, feels a bit old school with the tech etc, however with the body kit and Recaro Seats feels purposeful and fun to drive.

Not the quickest car, however plenty quick enough as a daily driver.

I've got the 370Z GT.  I still haven't tried a Nismo.  I may have a look around for a nearly new one soon.

I was in the barbers just before Christmas and overheard a story of someone buying a new M4 and stuffing it into a wall and writing it off with only 9 miles on the clock after he stamped down the accelerator right in the middle of moving out to overtake on a wet road. Oops!

#7 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,876 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:14 PM

I like the comparison to a Capri.  I've never driven one of those but my mate had a couple in the late 80's and they where a hoot :teeth:

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

#8 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:58 PM

I've got the 370Z GT.  I still haven't tried a Nismo.  I may have a look around for a nearly new one soon.

I was in the barbers just before Christmas and overheard a story of someone buying a new M4 and stuffing it into a wall and writing it off with only 9 miles on the clock after he stamped down the accelerator right in the middle of moving out to overtake on a wet road. Oops!

What a muppet. M4 needs running in for 1200 miles.

Go and test drive a Nismo, I can’t believe how different they drive from a 370GT.

Feels like going from a std Porsche 911 carrera into a 911 GT3 RS

#9 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,876 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:10 PM

just out of interest, what age GT did you compare the NISMO against?

When I had the opportunity to drive a V1 NISMO up the hill at Goodwood I was impressed too.  That was comparing it to my 2009 GT which had about 20K miles on it (from memory).  I appreciate the NISMO has different dampers, etc. from mine (which also has a few suspension tweaks) but it still felt more 'special' somehow.  I put it down to it having less that 100 miles on the clock :lol:

#10 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:16 AM

just out of interest, what age GT did you compare the NISMO against?

When I had the opportunity to drive a V1 NISMO up the hill at Goodwood I was impressed too.  That was comparing it to my 2009 GT which had about 20K miles on it (from memory).  I appreciate the NISMO has different dampers, etc. from mine (which also has a few suspension tweaks) but it still felt more 'special' somehow.  I put it down to it having less that 100 miles on the clock :lol:

I nearly bought a 2010 370z GT with only 22k miles.

However drove a 2017 Nismo demo car and couldnt believe how different the Car felt. Car felt as if it had an extra 100bhp and the turn in and handling was night and day different,which pushed me to buy a new Nismo.

As I previously mentioned difference felt like comparing a Porsche 911 carrera to a 911 GT3 RS

I was extremely surprised by how different they drive.

Edited by Bikeracer1098, 05 January 2018 - 09:17 AM.

• Paul_S likes this

#11 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,876 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:48 PM

I'll have to have a go in Lesmo's to check :drive1 :lol:

• dj370zNismo likes this

#12 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:09 PM

After 5 day’s of ownership up to 400miles.

Will hopefully be run in during the next 2 weeks.

Going to get my local HPC centre to change the oil and filter once she’s done 1200miles.

Also going to give her a wash for the first time tomorrow.

Happy days.
  • LESmo and Paul_S like this

#13 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,363 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:34 PM

Not Cheap but K&N Filters take 30 Seconds each side to fit.  Need 2.

https://www.knfilter...px?prod=33-2399

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate)

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#14 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:36 PM

Not Cheap but K&N Filters take 30 Seconds each side to fit.  Need 2.

https://www.knfilter...px?prod=33-2399

What advantages do K&N filters offer the 370 Nismo?

Better sound or slight improvement in Performance?

Thanks

#15 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 31,876 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:37 PM

What advantages do K&N filters offer the 370 Nismo?

Better sound or slight improvement in Performance?

Thanks

When Abbey had a play with my car (not a NISMO, I know...) they dyno'd it standard then put in a couple of HKS air filters then ran it again and it gained between 3 and 5 BHP.  I guess it would be similar for the K&N's.  I had the HKS in for a while but switched to K&N some time ago.

I didn't notice any difference in sound between standard, HKS, or K&N.  Someone on here did a mod whereby they cut a slot in each air box so it took air in from under the bonnet as well as through the existing ducts.  They reckoned that really improved the induction sound but it's debatable that's a good idea because you're sucking warmer air into the engine and (potentially) reducing performance a little.

It's a personal thing, but I'm not a huge fan of induction noise.  I prefer exhaust noise myself.

#16 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,363 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:10 AM

I cannot say I massively noticed the difference.  You get a  couple of stickets to put on the Air Boxes and the dealers then don't swap the filters out on service.  After the Service plan I guess they will start to return a saving, definately didn't change the noise.  I didn't feel much in the way of power differences, I felt more when I ran BK44 and reset the ECU if I am honest, but that was after three years.

#17 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:04 AM

I cannot say I massively noticed the difference.  You get a  couple of stickets to put on the Air Boxes and the dealers then don't swap the filters out on service.  After the Service plan I guess they will start to return a saving, definately didn't change the noise.  I didn't feel much in the way of power differences, I felt more when I ran BK44 and reset the ECU if I am honest, but that was after three years.

Thanks for the info.

The only mods which I’m currently considering for the Nismo are AAM rear pipes and some carbon fibre interior trim pieces.

Recently drove a 2015 Nismo which was for sake which had a differentl cat back Exhaust along with AAM rear pipes, headers and decat pipes. Unfortunately it was far too loud and also caused resonance inside the cabin.

Want to increase the noise level but not to that extent, so thinking of AAM rear pipes or maybe just a decat pipes instead.

#18 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:30 PM

With the KN filters I noticed a bad flat spot when I accelerated hard I had in the car disappeared straight away and several people on here have said the same thing (non nismo)

Exhaust a lot of people fit the imvida gemini which I have and it is just right not to loud no drone on cruise but a noise when you hit the loud pedal again that is non nismo

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#19 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:31 PM

Day of collection

0_DB39153-7_B63-4_F72-82_F8-_F49325_EEB4

103197_EA-7_C12-42_F4-_B296-1_D4_BB104_C

599_CBEA4-_BE1_D-43_C9-_A895-735263_E73_
  • Paul_S and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

#20 Ste_ac

Ste_ac

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:18 PM

I noticed a very slight difference with noise with the K&N panel filters. A slight wooshing sound under acceleration. Not very noticeable though.
  • Paul_S likes this