tom_nismo

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:48 PM

Hi all, 

Hoping you can help me. 

I'm charging my phone via an apple lead and voltage (which is fine charging)- then streaming music via Bluetooth 

Every time i first jump in the car (when it auto connects) via Bluetooth it seems to jump and skip the track horrendously. Once disconnecting and re connecting it seems to be fine for around 20 minutes and auto disconnects itself. This happens 3 or 4 times when on a decent journey and its driving me insane. Has anyone had this problem and how did they fix it? 

I have tried going through the cable itself and its fine - but the cable itself doesn't really charge the phone at all. 

#2 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:28 PM

I have this problem also. It seemed to happen after moving to the latest iOS. As you say it is mighty annoying and seems to happen on the same roundabout on my drive to work.

No idea on how to fix it though :(

#3 Gav C

Gav C

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:36 PM

Hi all, 

Hoping you can help me. 

I'm charging my phone via an apple lead and voltage (which is fine charging)- then streaming music via Bluetooth 

Every time i first jump in the car (when it auto connects) via Bluetooth it seems to jump and skip the track horrendously. Once disconnecting and re connecting it seems to be fine for around 20 minutes and auto disconnects itself. This happens 3 or 4 times when on a decent journey and its driving me insane. Has anyone had this problem and how did they fix it? 

I have tried going through the cable itself and its fine - but the cable itself doesn't really charge the phone at all. 

I use an iPod touch for music and only use a cable, it should charge the phone ok, even when the iPod has a totally flat battery it only takes around 5 minutes for it to charge enough for the iPod to kick in and is usually fully charged after around 30 minutes.

Granted a phone is doing more in the background but it should still charge it ok.

Have you tried another lead for it? FWIW I only use apple certified leads now as after a succession of failing cheap leads I thought the cheapies on ebay just aren`t worth it in the long run.

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev  remap 

#4 tom_nismo

tom_nismo

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:05 PM

I use an iPod touch for music and only use a cable, it should charge the phone ok, even when the iPod has a totally flat battery it only takes around 5 minutes for it to charge enough for the iPod to kick in and is usually fully charged after around 30 minutes.

Granted a phone is doing more in the background but it should still charge it ok.

Have you tried another lead for it? FWIW I only use apple certified leads now as after a succession of failing cheap leads I thought the cheapies on ebay just aren`t worth it in the long run.

Hi mate, I'm using a genuine apple lead. Tried only with 1 cable but this cable works fine in every other electrical appliance. Macbook/charger etc etc. 

IOS 11 has f***ed my phone up anyway. I will be downgrading back to ios 10 later this evening will update you all over the next few days will how its running. 

Although its not nice to know people have thew same issues - its nice to know its not just my car in a weird and wonderful way lol

• Paul_S likes this

#5 tom_nismo

tom_nismo

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:22 PM

Hi mate, I'm using a genuine apple lead. Tried only with 1 cable but this cable works fine in every other electrical appliance. Macbook/charger etc etc. 

IOS 11 has f***ed my phone up anyway. I will be downgrading back to ios 10 later this evening will update you all over the next few days will how its running. 

Although its not nice to know people have thew same issues - its nice to know its not just my car in a weird and wonderful way lol

Update: backed up my iPhone last night and went to do the back up but it wouldn't work. Because my phone was backed up in ios 11 it would not sync it all back to my phone on ios 10. Therefore i would of lost everything and would have to start again

f*** that

#6 Gav C

Gav C

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:28 PM

Update: backed up my iPhone last night and went to do the back up but it wouldn't work. Because my phone was backed up in ios 11 it would not sync it all back to my phone on ios 10. Therefore i would of lost everything and would have to start again

f*** that

Can`t say I blame you there, they do like to make it difficult don`t they.

Personally I`m not an Crapple fan though there isn`t anything to rival the iPod so for that I will suffer iTunes, which I detest with a passion, give me android any day for a phone.

Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev  remap 

#7 tom_nismo

tom_nismo

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:56 AM

Can`t say I blame you there, they do like to make it difficult don`t they.

Personally I`m not an Crapple fan though there isn`t anything to rival the iPod so for that I will suffer iTunes, which I detest with a passion, give me android any day for a phone.

Being a DJ - i need a macbook for work use and the iphone / everything mac ties in nicely, but you are right, they have you by the balls then

#8 ApolloIE

ApolloIE

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:07 PM

yep sucks for me too... but music works fine when its plugged in with the cable, so have no choice but do it that way, which is still annoying though. Cant even get bluetooth properly working but my phone works fine with every other car we have

#9 tom_nismo

tom_nismo

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:25 AM

yep sucks for me too... but music works fine when its plugged in with the cable, so have no choice but do it that way, which is still annoying though. Cant even get bluetooth properly working but my phone works fine with every other car we have

f***ing pain in the a*** - does your cable charge properly whilst plugged in? 

#10 ApolloIE

ApolloIE

Zedlister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:55 PM

f***ing pain in the a*** - does your cable charge properly whilst plugged in? 

it charges, but how effectively I'm not sure it never seems to be ''full though''

#11 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:39 PM

Mine seems to work fine

#12 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,335 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:15 AM

I noticed on a couple of IOS's ago it dropping off and back on again - although I don't use the phone for music - only car data.  But I went to the latest one earlier this week and I cannot say I have seen it happen - doesn't mean it won't though.  The Windows mobiles also used to do this with some software versions.

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png