59 replies to this topic

#41 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:05 PM

Nissan have the worst customer services ever.

Not impressed

#42 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,581 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:26 PM

Not impressed

That's sad. On the two occasions I've had contact with CS management I've been impressed. They've sorted out my problems with real good grace. Feel for you, mate.

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#43 Wayne370Z

Wayne370Z

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:40 AM

Not impressed

They not playing game with you rejecting the car?

Wayne.         2013 370Z GT Edition Storm White

#44 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:45 PM

They not playing game with you rejecting the car?

Letter sent to Nissan UK MD...... watch this space
  • Chubbs likes this

#45 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,581 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:34 PM

Fingers crossed for you - I hope it was a 'threatening' letter. Sadly, sometimes big companies only understand this method.

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#46 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:03 PM

Time for a party!!

The faulty 2018 Nismo is being returned to Nissan Tomorrow.

Bought the Car New on 2/01/18 and informed Nissan two weeks later that the car was faulty.

Rejected the car on 21/03/18, only taken just over 9 months for Nissan Motors GB ltd and RCI Finance (Nissan Finance) to agree to accept responsibility (forced to by the Financial Ombudsman) and accept the car.
  • Chubbs, dj370zNismo, LESmo and 2 others like this

#47 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,987 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:12 PM

Well done. Love a happy ending - even after all the pain you've gone through.

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

[Volkswagen Up! GTi, 5-door, White]

#48 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,581 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:33 PM

Well done for sticking at it mate. Others may have quit.

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#49 KarlWalker93

KarlWalker93

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:52 PM

I have Yokohama Ad08r’s on mine track/road tyre
And they tramline like Mad, adds to the fun haha
Keeps me on my toes, my girlfriend often asks me why are you steering on this straight road ? Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Chubbs and dj370zNismo like this

#50 dj370zNismo

dj370zNismo

Zedling

• Founding Member (10)
  • 2,604 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 January 2019 - 07:25 AM

I have Yokohama Ad08r’s on mine track/road tyre
And they tramline like Mad, adds to the fun haha
Keeps me on my toes, my girlfriend often asks me why are you steering on this straight road ? Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Explains why you were weaving in and out of traffic on Coventry ring road a couple of weeks ago!!!  :D  :D

• Chubbs and KarlWalker93 like this
2013 Storm White 370z Nismo #93
2004 Azure Blue 350Z

#51 Vencko

Vencko

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 05:15 AM

Hey there. I too have quite a big issue with tramnlining on my 2018 Nismo. I've put 20mm hubcentric spacers but the problem was as big also before. Like you guys mentioned in your experience, i am pretty much scared to drive it because the car wables left to right like i had loose wheels on something. The roads here in Pittsburgh after winter are pretty bad but as soon as i merge on the highway, its a disaster...there is a patch of fresh asphalt in the center lanes and i can feel it a bit when i drive my F150 but with the Z as soon as the front tire just touches it, it literally twists my steering wheel and i constantly have to correct it making me go left to right like a drunk driver. The temperatures are still low so i'll wait a bit until it gets warmer but if it won't get better, i'll have to take it to the shop because its a pretty stressfull drive.

#52 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,983 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 March 2019 - 09:19 AM

Time for a party!!

The faulty 2018 Nismo is being returned to Nissan Tomorrow.

Bought the Car New on 2/01/18 and informed Nissan two weeks later that the car was faulty.

Rejected the car on 21/03/18, only taken just over 9 months for Nissan Motors GB ltd and RCI Finance (Nissan Finance) to agree to accept responsibility (forced to by the Financial Ombudsman) and accept the car.

Blimey, I missed this!  That's a good result for you mate (finally).

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#53 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,983 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 March 2019 - 09:21 AM

Hey there. I too have quite a big issue with tramnlining on my 2018 Nismo. I've put 20mm hubcentric spacers but the problem was as big also before. Like you guys mentioned in your experience, i am pretty much scared to drive it because the car wables left to right like i had loose wheels on something. The roads here in Pittsburgh after winter are pretty bad but as soon as i merge on the highway, its a disaster...there is a patch of fresh asphalt in the center lanes and i can feel it a bit when i drive my F150 but with the Z as soon as the front tire just touches it, it literally twists my steering wheel and i constantly have to correct it making me go left to right like a drunk driver. The temperatures are still low so i'll wait a bit until it gets warmer but if it won't get better, i'll have to take it to the shop because its a pretty stressfull drive.

Certainly the spacers will exaggerate the issue but it shouldn't be anything like that.  If you do take it back to the dealer I would recommend taking the spacers off first or they might just blame those and it will complicate your claim.

#54 Vencko

Vencko

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 03:41 PM

Certainly the spacers will exaggerate the issue but it shouldn't be anything like that.  If you do take it back to the dealer I would recommend taking the spacers off first or they might just blame those and it will complicate your claim

Thanks, yeah for sure i was going to take the spacers down before i go. I'll be probably changing the tires in the front, as i too have the Dunlop 600 runflats....the rear i already swapped for different ones. Hopefully it will be taken care of somehow because i am afraid to drive it as i would like to...

#55 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,983 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 March 2019 - 04:25 PM

Thanks, yeah for sure i was going to take the spacers down before i go. I'll be probably changing the tires in the front, as i too have the Dunlop 600 runflats....the rear i already swapped for different ones. Hopefully it will be taken care of somehow because i am afraid to drive it as i would like to...

Runflats?  I've never heard of those being fitted to a 370Z before.  I would definitely change them for something decent.  What have you got on the rears?

#56 Vencko

Vencko

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 04:50 PM

Runflats?  I've never heard of those being fitted to a 370Z before.  I would definitely change them for something decent.  What have you got on the rears?

Yeah..for 2018 they put Dunlop SportMaxx GT 600 and they are run-flats. To the back i put firestone Firehawh indy 500, because i read a lot of good about them and i like them so far,they have good grip, so i'll probably put the same to the front too unless i get a different recommendation.Because to get rid of the trailing is my main priority now.

#57 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 05:06 PM

Thats the exact problem with my 2018 Nismo, Just wouldnt drive in a straight line.

Would suddenly wonder to the left and then wonder to the right.

It was as if someone else was remotely steering the car ..... lol

I would highly recommend Michelin Supersport or MP4S.

Edited by Bikeracer1098, 09 March 2019 - 05:17 PM.

• Chubbs likes this

#58 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 05:14 PM

Blimey, I missed this!  That's a good result for you mate (finally).

Yes and no as I was left over £5k out of pocket.

Consumer law clearly stated that I was entitled to a full refund.

Nissan Motors GB and their finance company RCI Finance refused to reject thr Car and issue me with a refund.

After having to involve rhe Financial Ombudsman, they concluded that the Car was not fit for purpose and RCI Finance should collect the Car, however made a judgement that I was only entitled to a 25% refund of my monthly contribution even though the car had sat on my driveway unused for 11 months.

The other option was to initiate legal action against RCI Finance however my solicitor advised me that the upfront legal cost would be around £15k and would probably take 12 months to get to court.

She also advised me that the judge may make a ruling that I would only be entitled to claim back 50% of my legal fees and could therefore end up being £7.5k out of pocket after receiving a full refund for the car.

Obviously Nissan Cars GB knew this and played it to their advantage, which is why I would never purchase another Nissan or recommend Nissan to anyone.

They are the most unprofessional, underhanded company that I have ever had the displeasure to deal with.

Absolutely shocking.

Edited by Bikeracer1098, 09 March 2019 - 05:16 PM.

#59 Vencko

Vencko

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 12:44 AM

Thats the exact problem with my 2018 Nismo, Just wouldnt drive in a straight line.

Would suddenly wonder to the left and then wonder to the right.

It was as if someone else was remotely steering the car ..... lol

I would highly recommend Michelin Supersport or MP4S.

I had a non-nismo Z in 2013 and driving the same roads i don't recall anything like that. I'll be giving it some more tries when the weather gets warmer and i'll go from there. Around 100 mph its starting to shake a bit anyways so i have to look at the wheel balance and i'll have them check out the alignment too. Thank's for the tire recommendation, i know the Michelin's are good and if they do the trick i don't mind spending another 100$ for a set.

#60 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,581 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 March 2019 - 07:58 AM

Welcome to our club, Vencko. Got any pics? Why not make a new thread to introduce yourself and show us a bit of Pittsburgh?

Posted Image

A to Zee to B