18 replies to this topic

#1 Itsthemonkey

Itsthemonkey

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:02 PM

After writing off my AMG CLK in December I convinced myself I didn't need a 4 seater any more as the kids are both driving and working / studying miles away. Got a great local car dealer that had a 49,000 mile GT Roadster and offered me a good price so I took the plunge. Absolutely love it, blown away by the power and handling, great standard of trim and sounds great. Bit confused as it has a Milltek exhaust system but they only list a 350Z option. Got a couple of minor niggles the dealer is going to sort (front parking sensors not working, remote only unlocks drivers door (passenger door has to be opened from inside, boot using key in the lock behind the driver seat) but other than that I love it!

Would love to fit a decent DAB (non FM) unit, going to see if I can find one that will connect to the USB / power ports in the centre console. Struggling to find what Nav system I have so I can update the maps. It's the colour touch screen with blue tooth and Bose sound system if anyone can help?

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 14.09.45.png

#2 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,339 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:18 PM

Welcome to the owners club

Unless the Nav has been changed you should have the Nissan OEM One.

http://nissan.naviga...n_GB&Country=GB

• Itsthemonkey likes this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#3 Itsthemonkey

Itsthemonkey

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:52 PM

Thanks, looks like a great crowd on here. Had a look at the link and may appear dumb but my system looks factory fitted but doesn't match any of the ones they show. If the attached image helps identify which model I have I would really appreciate your help!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2935.JPG

#4 Kev T

Kev T

Zedling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:00 PM

Hello and welcome.

#5 Kev T

Kev T

Zedling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:02 PM

That picture is the standard Oem Nissan unit, what year is the 370 ?

#6 Itsthemonkey

Itsthemonkey

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:04 PM

Thanks Kev, looks like one of the better owner forums!

#7 Itsthemonkey

Itsthemonkey

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:07 PM

Sorry, just saw your second post. It's a 2010 model, looks like I need the connect premium (X9) update, appears to have the original 2009 maps from the info display. 145 quid but not significant compared to the cost of the car. Also ordered the Dension USB DAB unit for the centre console to get some decent stations. Love the car!!

#8 Greg Warnes

Greg Warnes

Zedling

• Moderators (10)
  • 4,329 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:20 PM

Welcome to nissansportz  :thumbs:

If you cant explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

#9 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:22 PM

Hi .... and welcome , you will not be short of help with these guys...... this is one fantastic club and a great bunch.

Vicky x 

#10 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,502 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 10:21 PM

Yes, hello and welcome. :hello:

It's great to see a new picture of a Roadster with the roof down on a wet and miserable day like today.  :thumbs: :lol:  Hopefully you get lots more opportunities to get the top down this year.

And your exhaust sounds intriguing too.  Wait until it dries up and warms up a bit and then have a look underneath and see if you can see a name plaque somewhere, unless there's something stamped on the tip ends.

2007 350Z - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2004 Yaris 1.3 - It takes a little longer, but you'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.

#11 blobbish

blobbish

Club Secretary

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 February 2018 - 10:42 PM

After writing off my AMG CLK in December I convinced myself I didn't need a 4 seater any more as the kids are both driving and working / studying miles away. Got a great local car dealer that had a 49,000 mile GT Roadster and offered me a good price so I took the plunge. Absolutely love it, blown away by the power and handling, great standard of trim and sounds great. Bit confused as it has a Milltek exhaust system but they only list a 350Z option.

Milltek do do a 370z exhaust. I have one on mine.

Welcome to the forum by the way, and where abouts in the country are you located.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Current - 2010 370z Black Edition, DeCat, Milltek Exhaust, EcuTek, Custom Horsham Developments SC air 2 air, Reversing Camera, 20mm Eibach Spacers, Braded SS Brake Lines. Plus many more mods. Currently running 551/400
Black Skoda Fabia, too many mods to mention 290BHP now with the son.

#12 Itsthemonkey

Itsthemonkey

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 10:52 PM

Mr Wings (I like to be polite) it's a Milltek but when I checked their site they didn't list a 370 version but Señor Blobbish has apparently got the same system. Sounds incredible, especially in the few minutes I was able to drop the top and fully appreciate it.

Blobbish - I am in Bristol, hopefully there will be a meet I can get to so I can benefit from other owners experience! Still struggling to identify what nav system I have to order the update...

• Paul_S and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

#13 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,257 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 February 2018 - 02:51 AM

Hello and welcome. Yes, you have the Connect Premium kit and nav :)

It has been said that there's a good bunch of people on here (funnily enough I was with some Nissan UK folk on Thursday and they confirmed it ;))

You've a gorgeous and rare car there (the roadster is no longer sold in the UK) so look after it and sign up for some meets so you can show it off! :teeth:

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#14 CWM370z

CWM370z

Zedlet

• Committee Member (10)
  • 639 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 01:49 PM

Hi  welcome to nissansportz that's a lovley roadster in the best colour :thumbs: .

you are not to far away from the midlands region group and you are more than welcome to join us at a meet see  ;events for 2018 . 

enjoy the ride B)

2016 370z NISMO v2 ebisu black   Nismo shoulder pads, Nismo valve caps.cargo net. Nismo wheel transfers. AAM competition tail pipes .Carbon doorhandle covers.

2018 toyota c-hr dynamic ,decuma grey /black roof . hybred/petrol 1.8 auto.

2004 Black .KURO 350Z,nismo seatbelt pads,35Oz mats, ztax disc holder, garmin satnav.stubby aerial.z frt bumper badge.dealer collector box set of Zs.black led rear lamps.NISMO hightone Z horns.volk gt-c 19"wheels.Toyo proxes t1rs,carbon frt leds,carbon frt air guide panel.NISMO oil cap. gold custom bolts.carbon engine cover,clear rear bumper lights,red harness covering.carbon bonnet lifters.samco set of red hoses,jim wolf air filter and stainless air intake pipe with red hose connections.
 now passed on to matty bacon,  now coming back to daddy

2014 NISMO JUKE . BLACK AUTO ,4X4SOLD .                                                  

>gallery_245_77_67379.png

#15 Davectr

Davectr

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:21 PM

Hi and welcome, nice to see another roadster owner on board 👍🏻

#16 Itsthemonkey

Itsthemonkey

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:17 PM

Thanks, I have the odd moment when I think I might have spent a big chunk of cash on a totally impractical car that will either kill me or my licence...but a quick spin is all it takes to remove any doubts. Got to take it back to the dealer Thursday to get the front parking sensors and passenger door handle sorted, but other than that it's perfect. Tried to order the Nav update but the VIN / ID I entered were rejected as invalid so emailed the supplier asking for help, hopefully they will get back to me soon!

Great bunch of people, hope to get to one of the meetings to meet some of them in person!

• Paul_S likes this

#17 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,257 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:51 PM

Thanks, I have the odd moment when I think I might have spent a big chunk of cash on a totally impractical car that will either kill me or my licence...but a quick spin is all it takes to remove any doubts. Got to take it back to the dealer Thursday to get the front parking sensors and passenger door handle sorted, but other than that it's perfect. Tried to order the Nav update but the VIN / ID I entered were rejected as invalid so emailed the supplier asking for help, hopefully they will get back to me soon!

Great bunch of people, hope to get to one of the meetings to meet some of them in person!

Yes, get yourself signed up to some of the events here :)

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#18 Itsthemonkey

Itsthemonkey

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:55 PM

Yes, get yourself signed up to some of the events here :)

Paul, I really hope to but I work overseas a lot and my schedule changes at short notice so it's difficult to commit to anything. If I am around and there is an event locally I will definitely come along. Really appreciate all the greetings and messages, not many forum members are so friendly and helpful!

• Paul_S likes this

#19 Itsthemonkey

Itsthemonkey

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:38 AM

As I can't start a new thread I hope that anyone that might benefit from this information will find it through the search function. I installed the V5 update to the Connect Premium system today, took 2 hours but not sure it was worth the money as the packaging is dated 2016. Lot of money to pay for 2 year old maps, but at least they will be an improvement on the 2009 versions the car came with. Will find out tomorrow when I try it out.

The order process requires the unit ID and VIN to generate a licence key and the update disks includes an installer that uses the same algorithm to generate a key from the actual system then compares it to the one you enter. As a result the disks are worthless without a valid licence key. If I get some time to play I might see if I can analyse the installation disk and identify the key generation algorithm and will report back if I get anywhere

Secondly, I installed a Dension Dab+U usb unit which fits nicely in the centre console and appears as a USB device on the head unit. Mounted the antenna on the glass wind deflector with an earth lead running from the section designed to ground on the windscreen pillar but only got 22 stations when tuning. Did a full firmware update, added the Murano config and switched to K57 from the default K3 option...Full range of stations and once you get through the 20 seconds wait while it buffers the transmission it seems to be working .

In exchange for this information can anyone recommend a Bristol / South West garage who can sort my passenger door which will only open from the inside and sounds like something has become detached from the knocking noise I hear when driving?