#1 TheAirRover

TheAirRover

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:46 PM

Hi everyone

Just saying hello after finally committing to buy a 370Z Nismo in white - very excited, collecting it on 1st March with a shiny new '18 plate

Got a deal on the showroom model, which when I asked was assured it was the 2018 model year, having only been on display for a very short period - can any one help with any visible differences between the 2017 and latest model that I can check independently for my peace of mind.

The brochure is not much help as it only specifically mentions the Exedy clutch, which of course is out of sight.

Internet searches are very confusing with different specs. for the different markets

Something else that puzzles me, is that the Nismo section of the brochure (download) says that it has 'electric sports seats' - nothing on my prospective vehicle or in any pictures I can find that show them either heated or electrically adjusted - is the brochure wrong, does any one have any comments?

The forum seems a friendly palace and fascinating read, hopefully I'll be able to contribute in the future.

Thanks in advance for any help with the above questions

Hoping to attend the meets - so see you then

Paul

• Paul_S likes this

#2 TheAirRover

TheAirRover

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:44 PM

Hi again

I might have gone some way to answering my own question, by zooming into the tyres of some photos I took in the showroom, I can make out that the tyres are Dunlop.

If what I read online is correct these were only fitted from MY18, previously being Bridgestone

Confirmation from any of the more knowledgeable on the forum would be much appreciated

Thanks once again

Paul

• Paul_S likes this

#3 Cray Z

Cray Z

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:15 AM

Far as I know the 2018 is no different to the 2017. The recaros are totally manual and have no heaters etc to save weight as it's a nismo right?

My car is a 2017, bought it last year. It has Bridgestone tyres. I would have hoped Nissan changed the media system but don't think they have. As far as I know there will be very little difference from late 2015 through to the end of this model all together.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

#4 Cray Z

Cray Z

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:16 AM

Oh and even the user manual is pretty generic, so wouldn't rely on anything the brochure says lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  • Paul_S likes this

#5 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 32,096 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:20 AM

Hi Paul, welcome to the club!

I would like to say I'm not jealous but I am a bit!  Great choice of car :thumbs:

The problem with searching the internet is that a lot of the results come from the US and they have very different spec. cars from the UK (and from Europe too).  The good news is that the UK doesn't have the very low spec versions without decent Akebono brakes and the aero package (front chin and rear spoiler).

It's also true to say that some official Nissan brochures have errors in them (when it comes to the details).  If you want to PM me with your car's VIN then I will be able to ask Nissan for your cars actual specifications.

I am sure that the Exedy clutch was a recent advertised addition to the NISMO but, hand on heart, I'm not sure previous cars had the same component but it wasn't advertised.

With regard to the seats, I know for a fact that the Recaro's aren't heated but I think they are electrically adjustable.

I really hope Nissan have finally dropped the Bridgestone tyres.  Again, someone with more up to date knowledge on the NISMO will be able to help :)

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

#6 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 32,096 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:22 AM

Oh, and just to say, I'm pretty sure the Infotainment system is the same as previous NISMO models.  You may have updated maps though.

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

#7 TheAirRover

TheAirRover

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:31 AM

Wow, such speedy and informative replies-much appreciated

Thanks Paul_S and Cray Z

Paul_S, I’ll PM the VIN in the morning if that’s OK, thanks for the offer, would be very interesting to know EXACTLY what I’ve bought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Paul_S likes this

#8 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:20 PM

As mentioned above, I did read that Dunlops were now shipped on new Nismo's after finally ditching the B'Stones. Meaning you hopefully get less road noise. To at least look at a 2017 next to a 2018, there will be nothing different to see. I think the 2018 non-Nismo's finally have dark door handles, compared to the usual silver. Not sure if this made it's way to the Nismo though.

With regard to the seats, I know for a fact that the Recaro's aren't heated but I think they are electrically adjustable.

Alas not, MKII Nismo Recaro's are fully manual seats. Also very cold this time of year, but nothing a scarf and jacket can't fix.

• Paul_S likes this

#9 TheAirRover

TheAirRover

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:31 PM

As mentioned above, I did read that Dunlops were now shipped on new Nismo's after finally ditching the B'Stones. Meaning you hopefully get less road noise. To at least look at a 2017 next to a 2018, there will be nothing different to see. I think the 2018 non-Nismo's finally have dark door handles, compared to the usual silver. Not sure if this made it's way to the Nismo though.

Alas not, MKII Nismo Recaro's are fully manual seats. Also very cold this time of year, but nothing a scarf and jacket can't fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 TheAirRover

TheAirRover

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:44 PM

Thanks mattros1313

My (soon to be) Nismo Z is shod in Dunlops, the Reccaros are fully manual and the handles are still silver- so all in all I can rest easy that I will be getting the latest model despite it being the showroom car, which is what I have been told by the dealer - just me being over cautious

Thanks once again