65 replies to this topic

#1 TheAirRover

TheAirRover

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:36 PM

Disappointed, but relieved that I’ve just been asked by my HPC to delay the collection of my new ‘Z’ for a few days whilst they sort a recall issue out, they are going to provide a car in the mean time, so the relief is that I won’t be driving it in the snow!

However suspicious of the recall excuse they are giving, they say it relates to the wiring, sales do not know specifically what it is

They have had the car for sometime, so why now, a day before I pick it up, they only find out about this ?

Do any of the knowledgable crowd here know of any recent recalls in the 2018 model?

It may be genuine and just me being cynical

Thanks in advance for any input

2018 370Z Storm White

2018 Storm White 370z Nismo

#2 mattross1313

mattross1313

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:40 PM

I've asked my SO to check for any recall notices on new 370's, will report back.

• Paul_S and TheAirRover like this

#3 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,800 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:03 PM

Noting on the website:

http://www.dft.gov.u...lls/default.asp

I checked mine linked to the MOT and nothing ever.  Not sure it must be something very new.  Wasn't there something recently about airbags in the press...

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate)

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Check out our -  2014, 2015 & 2016 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#4 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 32,577 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:47 PM

Under the (weather) circumstances I think it's good timing.  It's also better to take delivery of your car all sorted than have to take it back to be done :)

I'd be interested to know what the recall is too, and if it's covers GT 370Z's or just NISMO ones.

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

#5 TheAirRover

TheAirRover

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:48 PM

Noting on the website:

http://www.dft.gov.u...lls/default.asp

I checked mine linked to the MOT and nothing ever.  Not sure it must be something very new.  Wasn't there something recently about airbags in the press...

Thanks both for such speedy replies

Thanks for link, with bookmarking for future

I’m going to bypass sales tomorrow and speak directly to the service guys, hopefully they will be a little more forthcoming with what they are doing to the car

It’s definitely in their hands as I got an automated text message confirming ‘the booking’ - all very strange

2018 370Z Storm White

#6 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,800 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:08 PM

The Zed is pretty reliable, so I would not worry too much.  I picked mine up on the 7th March, I am sure they will ensure they 'delight' you on pickup, nothing like reminding them about your disappointment level.....  :D

It will all be worth it,

• Paul_S likes this
Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate)

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#7 TheAirRover

TheAirRover

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:21 PM

Mmmmm, you’ve got me thinking now

Managed to get the mats in the deal, so might try for the cargo net - it might just console me!!!

Not sure what else there is on the ‘menu’ that doesn’t need the workshop to fit

As you say, best to get it sorted whatever it is and to keep the nasty white stuff off of it- the cars around here are caked in slush

2018 370Z Storm White
  • Paul_S likes this

#8 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:22 PM

Disappointed, but relieved that I’ve just been asked by my HPC to delay the collection of my new ‘Z’ for a few days whilst they sort a recall issue out, they are going to provide a car in the mean time, so the relief is that I won’t be driving it in the snow!
However suspicious of the recall excuse they are giving, they say it relates to the wiring, sales do not know specifically what it is
They have had the car for sometime, so why now, a day before I pick it up, they only find out about this ?
Do any of the knowledgable crowd here know of any recent recalls in the 2018 model?
It may be genuine and just me being cynical
Thanks in advance for any input
2018 370Z Storm White

Any idea of what the recall covers?

I’ve got a new 2018 Nismo and haven’t been advised of a recall.

However I did identify that the caster angle was outside tolerance on these cars.

#9 TheAirRover

TheAirRover

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:31 PM

I will hopefully get a better idea tomorrow, when I get a chance to talk to on of the tech guys.

I’m still a bit unconvinced it is actually a ‘recall’, more likely a convenient story for some thing they are not being totally upfront about- I’ll get to the bottom of it.

2018 370Z Storm White
  • Paul_S likes this

#10 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,800 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:27 AM

I have to say there has been very few recalls on Zeds...  None on my 350z and none so far on my Nismo (however I had 3 on the BMW and I only owned that 3 years).  But as you say worth finding out.  It might be someone has a misunderstanding or used the wrong term.

• TheAirRover likes this

#11 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:11 PM

I will hopefully get a better idea tomorrow, when I get a chance to talk to on of the tech guys.
I’m still a bit unconvinced it is actually a ‘recall’, more likely a convenient story for some thing they are not being totally upfront about- I’ll get to the bottom of it.
2018 370Z Storm White

Any updates?

#12 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 15,714 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:21 PM

I'd be surprised if it's a recall and not at all surprised if they're being economical with the truth.

Edit - of course, the airbag thing, mentioned earlier, is a slim posibility, maybe.

Edited by Chubbs, 01 March 2018 - 08:22 PM.

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#13 TheAirRover

TheAirRover

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:54 PM

Hi all and thanks for everyone’s thoughts

Finally got a little more detail if why they wanted to keep it in workshop.

Sounds plausible and I’ve just got to accept what they say

It turns out, as had been suggested, that the terminology being used was wrong, it went from a recall, to a bulletin, to a fault warning light caused by a failed sensor in the exhaust system that was picked up at the PDI

The offending part had been ordered and should be fitted and the car ready for collection on Saturday, although I might hold off until Sunday when the weather looks to be better

So all’s well that ends we’ll

The count down begins again, excitement growing !!

2018 370Z Storm White
  • Paul_S likes this

#14 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:41 PM

Hi all and thanks for everyone’s thoughts
Finally got a little more detail if why they wanted to keep it in workshop.
Sounds plausible and I’ve just got to accept what they say
It turns out, as had been suggested, that the terminology being used was wrong, it went from a recall, to a bulletin, to a fault warning light caused by a failed sensor in the exhaust system that was picked up at the PDI
The offending part had been ordered and should be fitted and the car ready for collection on Saturday, although I might hold off until Sunday when the weather looks to be better
So all’s well that ends we’ll
The count down begins again, excitement growing !!
2018 370Z Storm White

Which dealer is supplying the car?

#15 TheAirRover

TheAirRover

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:44 PM

Sandicliffe - Nottingham

2018 370Z Storm White

#16 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,079 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:11 PM

It sounds like an O2 sensor has had a knock, which soon causes them to fail - I had it on another car about 13 or 14 years ago.  It's good that they're doing something about it, but they probably just saw the EML light and didn't want it going out of their showroom with it on.

Not wishing to cause any aggro between you and the dealer, but before you take delivery if I were you I would have a look under your Zed around the front of the exhaust system to see if there's any other sign of damage.

• Paul_S likes this
2004 Yaris 1.3 - A strong engine, good steering and great brakes, but its foolish owner fancies a change.
2007 350Z - Who needs Blue Planet when you've got a Blue Zed?

#17 TheAirRover

TheAirRover

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:18 PM

Good call, thanks

I’ll have a look underneath, at least to the extent I’m able

2018 370Z Storm White
  • A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this

#18 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,489 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:55 AM

A polite request for it to be put on a ramp for you to view the underside should not cause a problem. Better for them than having you rejecting the car in a couple of weeks time. Should also reassure you.
  • dj370zNismo, Paul_S and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this
62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#19 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 9,800 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 March 2018 - 03:33 AM

Most Nissan Dealers run a Vehicle Health Check Video system - ask them to run the Video over the car on the ramp - so walk you through the car front to back underside.  The Nismo is low, Initially they only used shipping spacers on the V1 - the V2 didn't have them, but they started using them some members confirmed - this is for the Ship, so worth asking them to do the Video - just as part of your PDI.  My last one from a few weeks ago looked like this:

https://video.citnow.com/vtbG5QW1Cm9

Glad to hear its not a recall.  It would be really rare on a Zed to be honest. 

• Paul_S likes this

#20 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 15,714 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:00 AM

That's more like the truth!*

Les makes a very good point about the temporary suspension shipping spacers, fitted to the Nismos. Quite a few dealers/mechanics have been unaware of them and they've not been removed at PDI, leaving new owners to drive around with them still fitted.

Here's a link to some photos - http://forums.nissan...pri/?hl=spacers

Have a good look and get them removed if they're still on the car.

*Edit - Don't some people (mainly male) behind the desk in a service dpartment talk a lot of bullsh*t? "Recall" - "Technical Service Bulletin", etc. They're just pretending they know more than you, when actually they don't. Really annoys me. So don't believe him even now (as others have said) - the sensor may not have failed - it may have been warning of something you're not being told about.

Edited by Chubbs, 02 March 2018 - 07:09 AM.

• LESmo and Paul_S like this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg