#21 TheAirRover

TheAirRover

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:35 AM

Thanks everyone for the much appreciated advice

I had already read ( on this forum) about the shipping spacer and e-mailed Sandicliffe to ensure the were checked at PDI, but never sure exactly what they looked like to check for myself, so thanks for the photo link

Like the idea of the video check, I’ll ask especially as it will be on the ramp for the sensor anyway

I’ll get a few photos uploaded once safely on the drive - totally stock (at the moment !)

I say on the drive, because not sure it will go in my garage and be able to open the door enough to get out - what do others do?

2018 370Z Storm White
  • dj370zNismo, LESmo and TheAirRover like this

2018 Storm White 370z Nismo

#22 JohnFK

JohnFK

ZedMeister

• Moderators (10)
  • 10,714 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:52 AM

My flat has a pretty standard size garage, complete with pillar mid-wall on one side. I can get my 350 in but I think the 370 is wider(?). Anyway, I reverse in so the pillar wall is on the passenger side (otherwise opening the drivers door might be a problem), car angled so the nearside rear corner goes almost up against the wall. I can then open the drivers door enough to get out, but have placed a small, 1/4" sheet of polystyrene packing against the wall so that the door edge opens against it.

As a side issue, my garage is also full of parts along the back wall on 15" deep racking. I can still get the car in and clear of the door but to ensure I don't go too far back I've placed a rubber ramp on the garage floor on the nearside which tells me when to stop reversing. (The rubber ramp was originally acquired to allow driving over the threshold into a grounded container - I think they are sometimes used when kerbs don't have lowered edges, and also for levelling caravans).

62/176 Ultra Yellow GT4 350Z - Muttley
(its the only Z in the village ....)
Champagne R35 GT-R MY15 Premium 45th Anniversary Edition - The Expensive Mistress
Vermilion Red R35 GT-R MY14 with Recaros - "The Car with No Name"
Blade Silver Juke NISMO Manual - Dumbo

Storm White Enhanced R35 GT-R
MY11 with Recaros - The General
Titanium R35 GT-R MY09 Premium Edition - Dastardly

#23 TheAirRover

TheAirRover

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:44 AM

Thanks John FK for the very comprehensive “how-to”

Going to get the tape measure out when I get home, might take the metal (!!!!) draught seals off the frame to give me a little extra width when backing in

Like the idea of the ramp, I have some small wheel chocks that would serve well as a stop and some sheets of the blue extruded modelling polystyrene to act as door protection

2018 370Z Storm White

#24 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,099 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:45 AM

Nissan self-healing paint likes UV rays in order to work its magic, so my car stays on the driveway (plus, my garage is full of rubbish).

• TheAirRover likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#25 TheAirRover

TheAirRover

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:18 PM

Thanks Chubbs

Interesting regarding the paint, knew it had enhanced scratch resistance, didn’t realise it had self healing properties

Glad to know I won’t be accused of cruelty to a Zed if I leave it our side, my garage also is full of stuff I might need some time never, was planning on a good clear out and a shed

2018 370Z Storm White

#26 Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 02:47 PM

The bikes are in one of my garages and the Porsche is in the other so unfortunately the Nismo has to slum in outside.
  • TheAirRover likes this

#27 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,114 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:04 PM

Good advice above :)

I would add, be careful that whatever you use as a chock to stop the wheel cannot move.  If it nudges back a few mm each time you stop against it then eventually you will hit the wall!

• TheAirRover likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#28 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,099 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:37 PM

Thanks Chubbs

Interesting regarding the paint, knew it had enhanced scratch resistance, didn’t realise it had self healing properties

Glad to know I won’t be accused of cruelty to a Zed if I leave it our side, my garage also is full of stuff I might need some time never, was planning on a good clear out and a shed

2018 370Z Storm White

They call it 'Scratch Shield' and they say it may be less effective after about 3 years. I've found it to be very effective at preventing swirls. Of course, it won't work miracles on significant scratches. https://www.nissan-g...EW/scratch.html

• TheAirRover likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#29 TheAirRover

TheAirRover

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:41 PM

Still no car, apparently the part arrived this morning (Saturday) but at 5hrs labour to swap over, too long to do before the technician finished for the weekend 

Is 5 hrs to exchange an O2 sensor about right?

Do these guys not do overtime, especially in the circumstances?

Asked for some photos to be sent of it in the workshop, not the best, but at least it seems a little more real (and mine) now that I can see it with the plates on - looks like they stuck them on as well, as I asked them to 

004.jpg 005.jpg

• LESmo and Paul_S like this

#30 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:23 PM

That looks good.  And the workshop?  Well, it looks like a workshop, I suppose.  I've seen worse.

Five hours to change an O2 sensor seems way too long.  I've never changed one on a Zed, but it's a five-minute job in a rear-engined MR2.  However, in a Zed I know the sensor end goes in the exhaust, so they need to get underneath, and the connector end plugs in in the cabin, which needs the carpet pulling back a bit, but an experienced hand in a garage with all the kit and lifts should be able to do that job on its own in an hour.  So maybe they're doing a full inch-by-inch inspection.

I'd ask them for a bit more of an explanation as to what's been going on.  They shouldn't object if they want to improve their service and the handover experience, as from your point-of-view there seem to have been a few too many doubts for you, which I'm sure you'd rather have lived without. :)

• dj370zNismo and Paul_S like this
2007 350Z - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2004 Yaris 1.3 - It takes a little longer, but you'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.

#31 dj370zNismo

dj370zNismo

Zedling

• Members (10)
  • 2,554 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:44 PM

Have you picked up your Nismo now AirRover?

2013 Storm White 370z Nismo #93
2004 Azure Blue 350Z

#32 TheAirRover

TheAirRover

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:03 PM

Hi

It’s ready for handover (at last), booked a day off work to collect it on Friday I can’t make it any sooner and too far to go after work

Said they could bring it to me, but I prefer to check it out whilst still at their place

Turned out to be two new fuel/air ratio sensors and a new battery - something ‘spiked’ apparently

I know that they had to use the battery boost to try to get it started, to move it out of the showroom- not sure if that is in anyway connected

I’ll get some photos uploaded once I have the keys - already had a key fob for sometime, ready and waiting. !!

bb38a7efc91b92d7cf754c655c6f4b2d.jpg

2018 370Z Storm White
  • dj370zNismo, Paul_S and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

#33 dj370zNismo

dj370zNismo

Zedling

• Members (10)
  • 2,554 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:24 PM

Good news. Weather is looking pretty good in Manchester area for Friday so that will be a bonus!

• LESmo and TheAirRover like this
2004 Azure Blue 350Z

#34 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,212 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:33 PM

Friday is the best of the week for weather (I picked mine up on a Friday as well as it happens).  Have a good look around the car - anything on the paintwork, worth taking time, make sure you have the manuals, accesories in the boot etc.  It is not unknown for sales people to nick those for other cars.

More importanly enjoy Friday!

• dj370zNismo, Paul_S and TheAirRover like this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System.

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Check out our -  2014, 2015 & 2016 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#35 dj370zNismo

dj370zNismo

Zedling

• Members (10)
  • 2,554 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:46 PM

Good advice from Les. Drive safely and make sure you get some photos posted!!  ;)

2004 Azure Blue 350Z

#36 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:56 PM

Friday is the best of the week for weather (I picked mine up on a Friday as well as it happens).  Have a good look around the car - anything on the paintwork, worth taking time, make sure you have the manuals, accesories in the boot etc.  It is not unknown for sales people to nick those for other cars.

More importanly enjoy Friday!

Good shout lesmo they stole the books from my 370 in the end I had to get Nissan UK involved. When I did the books were with me days later as if by magic

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  • LESmo likes this

#37 TheAirRover

TheAirRover

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:04 PM

Thanks both for the ‘heads-up’

Is there anything else other than the usual handbook, infotainment manual, Satnav instructions, warranty book & service record book to check for.

Should there be any other loose items such as wheel security nut key etc to be looking for

Any guidance much appreciated

2018 370Z Storm White

#38 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,212 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:49 PM

2 Keys - both are identical on the 370z.

In the Boot

- you won't get a Jack or a Spare - although one member did manage to get the parts together as they used to put a spare PSI value on the doors of the V2 Nismo - the V1 Nismo never ever had an option for a spare and the PSI was never listed on the door, you will get a pot of tyre weld/Junk (just check the date on it, mine is only just out of date after nearly 4 years - but I would never use it)  - A Compressor are the key parts, I have a Wheel nut key and 4 spare nuts which the dealer offered me and I took - I don't have a picture I just looked but if I remember I will take one although its going to be too dark tonight.  Perhaps someone can remind me?

Manuals

I will have to remind myself, Main User Manual.  Service Book - cannot recall what else but its full so it must be more than that.  I will try and remember to look.  Unless someone has theirs close to hand?

• Paul_S likes this

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust System.

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

Check out our -  2014, 2015 & 2016 Annual Club Newsletter Round-ups - Here
nissansportz.club Social Media - Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Youtube - Drive Tribe

#39 TheAirRover

TheAirRover

Zedlister

• User
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 10:09 PM

Thanks LESmo

Please don’t go to any trouble you have already been most helpful

They said to allow an hour for the handover,including the financial elements.

With all the pointers from the knowledgeable members here, I think they had better double that!!

Not long now

2018 370Z Storm White
  • dj370zNismo, LESmo and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

#40 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,114 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 March 2018 - 10:43 PM

Also, there should be a towing eye to screw into the front or rear bumper (stored under the boot floor).

• LESmo likes this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY