304 replies to this topic

#241 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,164 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 August 2018 - 05:33 PM

Cool …. What is the lens used for this one Geoff.

Vicky x

It's a Nikon (Nikkor) 55-300mm on a Nikon D5000 body, on full telephoto, at a distance of about 10m. Early morning - about 6am. I got the lens secondhand on an Ebay auction, but it's in mint condition. It's no good for proper wildlife photography, but it's perfect for the back garden.

• Paul_S likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

Most cars are A to B. Mine is A to Z.

#242 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 06:16 PM

Nice set-up though Geoff, that would be equal to 110-600mm in the old film format.

PC110989 re-size.jpg

I waited for ages for the lesser spotted woodpecker to come out the hole in this dead tree..... bloody thing must have known i was waiting !!!  still i got a good pic of the tree.

Vicky x

• Chubbs, Paul_S, A Pair Of Flabby Wings and 1 other like this

#243 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,164 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 August 2018 - 06:47 PM

Nice set-up though Geoff, that would be equal to 110-600mm in the old film format.

attachicon.gifPC110989 re-size.jpg

I waited for ages for the lesser spotted woodpecker to come out the hole in this dead tree..... bloody thing must have known i was waiting !!!  still i got a good pic of the tree.

Vicky x

lol - I've never seen one. Had green woodpeckers and greater spotted in my garden, but never the little ones.

• vjordon likes this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#244 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:36 PM

attachicon.gifPC110989 re-size.jpg

Vicky x

That's a spooky looking old tree.  It's done well to still be standing after the weekend before last's winds.  Maybe it's the woodpeckers holding hands that's keeping it upright.  Or the woodworms . . . :lol:

2007 350Z - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2004 Yaris 1.3 - It takes a little longer, but you'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.

#245 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:32 PM

Three green giants.  Or at least part of Michael's 2018 carbon exchange scheme - the more I drive the Zed, the taller they seem to become. :D

IMG_20180808_164551303_HDR.jpg

• Chubbs likes this
2007 350Z - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2004 Yaris 1.3 - It takes a little longer, but you'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.

#246 CWM370z

CWM370z

Zedlet

• Committee Member (10)
  • 639 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:03 PM

From our holiday in wales . while sat in the garden watching the swifts feeding their young .

out of about sixty shots I was happy with this one.IMG_1539 (4).JPG

• Chubbs, Paul_S, A Pair Of Flabby Wings and 2 others like this

2016 370z NISMO v2 ebisu black   Nismo shoulder pads, Nismo valve caps.cargo net. Nismo wheel transfers. AAM competition tail pipes .Carbon doorhandle covers.

2018 toyota c-hr dynamic ,decuma grey /black roof . hybred/petrol 1.8 auto.

2004 Black .KURO 350Z,nismo seatbelt pads,35Oz mats, ztax disc holder, garmin satnav.stubby aerial.z frt bumper badge.dealer collector box set of Zs.black led rear lamps.NISMO hightone Z horns.volk gt-c 19"wheels.Toyo proxes t1rs,carbon frt leds,carbon frt air guide panel.NISMO oil cap. gold custom bolts.carbon engine cover,clear rear bumper lights,red harness covering.carbon bonnet lifters.samco set of red hoses,jim wolf air filter and stainless air intake pipe with red hose connections.
 now passed on to matty bacon,  now coming back to daddy

2014 NISMO JUKE . BLACK AUTO ,4X4SOLD .                                                  

>gallery_245_77_67379.png

#247 LESmo

LESmo

Founding Member

• Committee Member (10)
  • 10,335 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:21 AM

Great shot!

Current  - 2014 (14) 370z NISMO in Storm White #229, JDM Carbon Nismo Kickplates, JDM Carbon Nismo B Pillars, Nismo Tyre Caps, Nismo Oil Cap, K&N Filters, MY15 Nismo Start Button.  GT-R Dome Lens Covers - LED Lights (Interior, trunk & numberplate) - Demand Engineering Full Valved Custom Exhaust SystemCustom Blank Button Delete

Previous - 2005 (55) 350z Azure GT Coupe, Parking Sensors, Z Tax Holder, Z Mats, Z Door Guards, White Reflectors, Z Tyre Caps, S2000 Aerial, BT Kit,

sml_gallery_123_431_228285.png

#248 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,164 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:26 AM

From our holiday in wales . while sat in the garden watching the swifts feeding their young .

out of about sixty shots I was happy with this one.attachicon.gifIMG_1539 (4).JPG

Oh my goodness - that bird's eating its mother! :eek

As Les has already said, what an amazing photograph - well done that man! I'll ask you before Vicky does - what camera/lens were you using, Colin?

• CWM370z and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

gallery_22_517_7955.jpg

#249 CWM370z

CWM370z

Zedlet

• Committee Member (10)
  • 639 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:19 PM

Oh my goodness - that bird's eating its mother! :eek

As Les has already said, what an amazing photograph - well done that man! I'll ask you before Vicky does - what camera/lens were you using, Colin?

All done with canon .706D with a 100-400 mk1 telephoto lens .

now traded in mk1  lens for a new 100-400 IS mk11 telephoto lens and bought a new canon 7D mkii with extra battery hand grip there is a fab differance in quality in the new lens .

the 760D is a great camera,  I like the touch screen so easy to change things around,  the 7D has no touch screen but so much in spec taking a little while to remember things to change to get what I am looking for in a photo.

love taking wild life pics , and travel pics . 

• Chubbs, Paul_S and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

2016 370z NISMO v2 ebisu black   Nismo shoulder pads, Nismo valve caps.cargo net. Nismo wheel transfers. AAM competition tail pipes .Carbon doorhandle covers.

2018 toyota c-hr dynamic ,decuma grey /black roof . hybred/petrol 1.8 auto.

2004 Black .KURO 350Z,nismo seatbelt pads,35Oz mats, ztax disc holder, garmin satnav.stubby aerial.z frt bumper badge.dealer collector box set of Zs.black led rear lamps.NISMO hightone Z horns.volk gt-c 19"wheels.Toyo proxes t1rs,carbon frt leds,carbon frt air guide panel.NISMO oil cap. gold custom bolts.carbon engine cover,clear rear bumper lights,red harness covering.carbon bonnet lifters.samco set of red hoses,jim wolf air filter and stainless air intake pipe with red hose connections.
 now passed on to matty bacon,  now coming back to daddy

2014 NISMO JUKE . BLACK AUTO ,4X4SOLD .                                                  

>gallery_245_77_67379.png

#250 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:00 PM

In today's wasp news, well, over the last two days I've been annoyed by my local BBC radio station (quel surprise).  Yesterday morning, they sent one of their eejit reporters out to enquire as to whether people were screamers, runners, swatters or sprayers with the surprising number of wasps around and about this year.  Someone then observed that it's a hot summer, so there are lots of wasps about, "no you know what, Sherlock".  Then, this morning's eejit presenter, apropros of nothing asked rhetorically (if he knew what it meant) "what's the point of wasps".  As a self-confessed friend of wasps I was tempted to text in and ask "what's the point of you, more like", but couldn't be bothered.

Then, a few hours' later, as I was finishing my lunch this hornet fell down our chimney . . . 

IMG_20180811_131252191.jpg

I apologise for the terrible picture, but it was a bit agitated (although I suppose I would be had I fallen down our chimney) and I was keen to get it out of the house asap, as it was over an inch long too.  It then went out to play with the neighbours, and I disappeared off in the Zed fairly swiftly.

• Chubbs, LESmo and Paul_S like this

#251 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,248 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:42 PM

They've built a film set just up the road from work. 

Film Set.jpg

On Thursday there were lots of people in costume heading to the set (in the rain!) but they wouldn't tell me what was being filmed.  The set is quite small so I wondered if it might be a small scene in a bigger production.  Doctor Who perhaps?

• Chubbs, LESmo, A Pair Of Flabby Wings and 1 other like this

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#252 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 09:52 PM

Good guess.  You might be right, with it being small and likely only briefly used.

I wasn't particularly bothered about watching the new series when it arrives, but if there's a chance your Zed might sneak into the background of a scene that might change.  :thumbs:

#253 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:33 AM

They've built a film set just up the road from work. 

attachicon.gifFilm Set.jpg

On Thursday there were lots of people in costume heading to the set (in the rain!) but they wouldn't tell me what was being filmed.  The set is quite small so I wondered if it might be a small scene in a bigger production.  Doctor Who perhaps?

Paul .. Looks like some sort of London period drama, could be Ripper Street ?

Vicky xx

#254 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:37 AM

In today's wasp news, well, over the last two days I've been annoyed by my local BBC radio station (quel surprise).  Yesterday morning, they sent one of their eejit reporters out to enquire as to whether people were screamers, runners, swatters or sprayers with the surprising number of wasps around and about this year.  Someone then observed that it's a hot summer, so there are lots of wasps about, "no you know what, Sherlock".  Then, this morning's eejit presenter, apropros of nothing asked rhetorically (if he knew what it meant) "what's the point of wasps".  As a self-confessed friend of wasps I was tempted to text in and ask "what's the point of you, more like", but couldn't be bothered.

Then, a few hours' later, as I was finishing my lunch this hornet fell down our chimney . . . 

attachicon.gifIMG_20180811_131252191.jpg

I apologise for the terrible picture, but it was a bit agitated (although I suppose I would be had I fallen down our chimney) and I was keen to get it out of the house asap, as it was over an inch long too.  It then went out to play with the neighbours, and I disappeared off in the Zed fairly swiftly.

Looks like one of those huge French ones that are arriving and taking out our native bee population, could be wrong though !! … BTW  I would not have even got that close.

Vicky xx 

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this

#255 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:43 AM

out of about sixty shots I was happy with this one.attachicon.gifIMG_1539 (4).JPG

fantastic picture, I would be happy too.

Vicky xx

#256 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 01:42 PM

attachicon.gifIMG_20180811_131252191.jpg

Looks like one of those huge French ones that are arriving and taking out our native bee population, could be wrong though !! … BTW  I would not have even got that close.

Vicky xx

I think you're probably right. I was in too minds about squashing it, but I've seen a few too many Eighties sci-fi films and therefore went a bit squeamish. If I see another one though I will, as we seem to have been doing quite well for bees this year and long may that continue. :)

#257 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:01 PM

I think you're probably right. I was in too minds about squashing it, but I've seen a few too many Eighties sci-fi films and therefore went a bit squeamish. If I see another one though I will, as we seem to have been doing quite well for bees this year and long may that continue. :)

We have 3 hives on our allotments and only 1 is producing any amount of honey, not sure why though as I do not get too close :excl: .

Vicky xx 

#258 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 04:51 PM

It might be the dry weather, as I heard something a month or so ago that said something to the effect that when there are long dry periods bees tend to focus more on keeping their hive hydrated by taking water back than they do on honey making.  So I think it might be just one of those years.

#259 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 04:51 PM

Not a panacea, but certainly a cure for the relatively minor ills of pre-packed tomatoes.

IMG_20180815_164334070.jpg

#260 vjordon

vjordon

Zedlet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 12:17 PM

Not a panacea, but certainly a cure for the relatively minor ills of pre-packed tomatoes.

attachicon.gifIMG_20180815_164334070.jpg

A nice little crop coming there... keep the feed/water going on to help those fruits fill out otherwise you will have pithy fruits.

Vicky xx