#381 ChasGFL

ChasGFL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 January 2019 - 12:53 PM

I didn't want to bore you every day, but here's a pic from Saturday at the O2 Forum London, not bad for 4th on the bill. I'm now at home recovering from 6 hours driving yesterday (and maybe the odd late night this last week!) as they also had a festival appearance in Minehead on Sunday.

o2forum.jpg

• Chubbs, dj370zNismo, Paul_S and 2 others like this

#382 Paul_S

Paul_S

Club Chairman and AutoGadgetZ Trader

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,798 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:05 PM

Excellent! :band:

'A standard limited edition Yellow 370Zwith a plethora of minor bespoke mods' 

*one of 40 don't you know!

gallery_245_77_177171.png

I manufacture and sell 370Z & GT-R Reversing Camera (Backup Camera) Kits

WARNING - DO NOT TRUST NavTool WITH YOUR MONEY

#383 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,494 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:15 AM

That's a brilliant photo, Chas - thanks for posting. I've never, ever seen a band posing in front of fans, almost as though the roles were reversed for that one moment. Who were the other bands on the bill? ps - a photo a day wouldn't have bored me, for one.

• dj370zNismo, Paul_S, A Pair Of Flabby Wings and 2 others like this

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#384 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 04:23 PM

I didn't want to bore you every day, but here's a pic from Saturday at the O2 Forum London, not bad for 4th on the bill. I'm now at home recovering from 6 hours driving yesterday (and maybe the odd late night this last week!) as they also had a festival appearance in Minehead on Sunday.

attachicon.gifo2forum.jpg

Made me laugh chas been there loads times been upstairs to get some merch and a beer but never clicked there was seating up there. Must pay more attention to my surroundings and maybe less grog
  • Chubbs, A Pair Of Flabby Wings and ChasGFL like this

#385 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:15 PM

I had to laugh, as I thought that the pubs between Kentish Town tube station and the Forum probably did a good trade on that night again too.  :drunk:

Like most, I prefer it downstairs, but here's what the view from upstairs looked like about three years ago. :thumbs:

IMG_20160311_212334124.jpg

• Gav C and ChasGFL like this
2007 350Z (my second Zed) - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Far less pretentious though - good.

#386 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:03 AM

Two words spring to mind this morning; and one of those words is "cold".

IMG_20190131_093141.jpg

• Paul_S and ChasGFL like this
2007 350Z (my second Zed) - You'll get there when you get there, and that'll be fine. It's a better way to travel, and a much nicer way to live.
2011 Yaris 1.33 (my third Yaris) - With an extra 30cc and an extra gear it's become the S-Class of small cars.  Far less pretentious though - good.

#387 ChasGFL

ChasGFL

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:45 PM

That's a brilliant photo, Chas - thanks for posting. I've never, ever seen a band posing in front of fans, almost as though the roles were reversed for that one moment. Who were the other bands on the bill? ps - a photo a day wouldn't have bored me, for one.

That kinda shot seems to have become quite prevalent in the selfie generation. They were supporting Skid Row, Backyard Babies and H.E.A.T., the latter two from Sweden.

#388 Gav C

Gav C

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 01:42 PM

I had to laugh, as I thought that the pubs between Kentish Town tube station and the Forum probably did a good trade on that night again too.  :drunk:

Like most, I prefer it downstairs, but here's what the view from upstairs looked like about three years ago. :thumbs:

attachicon.gifIMG_20160311_212334124.jpg

You don`t get the effect of the bouncy floor upstairs  :lol: It`s the only place I know with a floor like that  :D

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings and ChasGFL like this
Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev  remap 

#389 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 02:33 PM

You don`t get the effect of the bouncy floor upstairs  :lol: It`s the only place I know with a floor like that  :D

I never realised that, and I've probably stood on that floor more than any other London venue's. Although I rarely arrived early, so the other punters probably had it down to its bumpstops already.

Although wasn't there somewhere in Leeds that had one up until about ten or fifteen years ago, which, if memory serves, gave way at a Black Rebel Motorcycle Club gig?

(A quick search of BRMC Leeds and floor reveals not quite. It was just cracks began appearing in the Academy floor from the bouncing above - no wonder the away fans at Elland Road sing "Who ate all the pies" :D ).
  • ChasGFL likes this

#390 Gav C

Gav C

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:50 PM

I never realised that, and I've probably stood on that floor more than any other London venue's. Although I rarely arrived early, so the other punters probably had it down to its bumpstops already.

Although wasn't there somewhere in Leeds that had one up until about ten or fifteen years ago, which, if memory serves, gave way at a Black Rebel Motorcycle Club gig?

(A quick search of BRMC Leeds and floor reveals not quite. It was just cracks began appearing in the Academy floor from the bouncing above - no wonder the away fans at Elland Road sing "Who ate all the pies" :D ).

I think it was still the Town and Country club then, I think that was part of the reason it closed for a few years then re-opened as the academy.

I saw a fair few bands at the Town and Country, it was excellent for gigs and some decent names there too.

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings and ChasGFL like this
Current: Metallic pearl white 2012 370z GT Edition, Invidia stainless cat back exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Intakes and K&N filters and a UpRev  remap 

#391 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:13 PM

Yes, it was and would have been.  Although some of the poorly informed local press called it Leeds Town Hall, but maybe that was wishful thinking more than anything, ie Leeds Town Hall disappearing down a hole in the ground. :lol:

You'll probably remember Kentish Town Forum being a Town & Country Club in the past too then. :)

#392 milanored

milanored

Zedlet

• Committee Member
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:00 PM

Two words spring to mind this morning; and one of those words is "cold".

attachicon.gifIMG_20190131_093141.jpg

Another two words might be

New wheelbarrow
Dead spider

#393 Gav C

Gav C

Zedlet

• User
  • PipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:25 PM

Yes, it was and would have been.  Although some of the poorly informed local press called it Leeds Town Hall, but maybe that was wishful thinking more than anything, ie Leeds Town Hall disappearing down a hole in the ground. :lol:

You'll probably remember Kentish Town Forum being a Town & Country Club in the past too then. :)

I vaguely remember Kentish Town Forum but I didn`t venture much down south for gigs in those days, I was always too skint  :lol:

I also remember The Robin Hood changing it`s name to Th e Marquee but that didn`t last long as the original Marquee in London threatened to sue so it was changed to The Duchess of York, known by many as just The Duchess. I`m sure you will have been there for one or two gigs  ;)

• A Pair Of Flabby Wings likes this

#394 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:47 PM

:thumbs:

• Gav C likes this

#395 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,798 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:37 PM

Lovin' all the band chat guys! :band:

gallery_245_510_52598.jpg

• Chubbs, A Pair Of Flabby Wings and Gav C like this

#396 A Pair Of Flabby Wings

A Pair Of Flabby Wings

Zedling

• Committee Member (10)
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:19 PM

And you give us a picture of The Datsuns, nice one. :thumbs:

• Chubbs, Paul_S and ChasGFL like this

#397 Chubbs

Chubbs

ZedMeister

• Founding Member (10)
  • 16,494 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 February 2019 - 07:29 AM

And you give us a picture of The Datsuns, nice one. :thumbs:

Dolly, EmmyLou and Pa. Saw them in the '70's.

• Paul_S and A Pair Of Flabby Wings like this

Posted Image

A to Zee to B

#398 Paul_S

Paul_S

• Root Admin (10)
  • 33,798 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 February 2019 - 10:32 PM

gallery_245_77_84211.jpg

Does anyone else call them Small Geezers?

• Chubbs likes this